PAHWM Poker Mavens PL 5-Carad Omaha Hi-Lo (20-50) Blinds 0.25/0.5 (1 Viewer)

That's not our perfect flop, but it's close. The deuce showing up is beautiful, all the A2xxx hands can suck it! Pot. Then call for the :5s:.

Nut flush draw worthy of a pot bet

Betting for runner runner for low? Meh. Even I’m not that bad.

Pot bet based solely on the NFD.

This hand is effectively 3 handed to begin with. As amazingly good as V3 might be. His stack is not a factor.

V1 can effectively stack you. Pot size bet on the flop is also a feeler bet. Would be nice if V2 or 1 folds here. But only one of them.
If you get raised I’d assume a wrap or a set is trying to narrow the field to heads up.

Good luck hero ! I’m rooting for you :rolleyes:

Moving this along:

Game: PL 5-Card Omaha Hi-Lo (20 - 50) - Blinds 0.25/0.25
Site: Rungood Lounge
Table: Casual Thursday
Seat 1: V1 (641.25) SB
Seat 2: V2 (120.75) BB
Seat 3: Hero (759.25) UTG/Hijack
Seat 8: V3 (52.25) Button

Don't let the stakes fool you, these players are sharks.

V1 - This player mixes it up. When playing well he is possibly the best player in our group, with great situational awareness, and selective aggressiveness. We all play together quite a bit, and he is capable of exploiting others play better than anyone else here when he is on his game. When he is off his game, he is just super LAG, bloating pot pre-flop, and trying to bet people off pots. Tonight, he is playing his A+ game, is up I believe from his initial $50 to $641.25. Even though were are only 4-handed, t=he has been a lot tighter than usual pre (and post flop), Have not seen him get it in bad at all so far tonight

V2 - When on his game, he is the other contender for best player in our group. Super laggy, is not afraid to get it in at any time. His one weakness, he is very tilt prone. And when he tilts, boy does he tilt. H=Not sure how much he is down tonight at this point, but best guess is that he is on for around $500 (yes 10 buyins), and has built his most recent buy-in up to $120.75

Hero - I am not tight, by any means, but by far the tightest player in this group of 4 players tonight. In for about $150, Stack is $759.25 to start the hand. Not sure that the other players have noticed how few hands I have played tonight (long term history probably overriding tonight's statistics) but I have seen less than 30% of flops tonight, in a mostly 4-handed (at times 5 and 6 handed table) with most games split pot 5 card. I probably have a reputation for being able to be blown off hands. I can also be a little passive in this group, as I know I can generally let others do the betting for me when I need to. I am the least degen by far of this group.

V3 - What can I say about this guy? Supper aggro, bloating every pot. He books the biggest wins and losses in our group. Tuesday night, He was stuck $1400 at one point before making a comeback and finishing up ~$2.7k (those stakes were .25/50 $200 max buy-in). Tonight he is stuck heaps again, probably over $1k at this point. Only down 20 buy-ins, NBD he'll get it back.

V3 has the dealer button
V1 posts small blind 0.25
V2posts big blind 0.25
** Hole Cards ** [4 players]
Dealt to Hero [:ad: :as: :td: :3s: :qd:]
Hero raises to 1
V3raises to 3.50
V1 calls 3.25
V2 calls 3.25
Hero???
Thoughts: On the one hand, suited Aces, 3 broadway cards and decent low potential are all very appealing. Drawbacks, as others have stated, 3rd diamond, low is not the nuts, no 3rd low.
I was torn between repotting, and calling, but in the end I decided to close the action and see a flop.

Hero raises to 1
V3raises to 3.50
V1 calls 3.25
V2 calls 3.25
Hero calls 2.50
** Flop ** [Ts 2c 9s]
V1 checks
V2 checks
Hero???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well that flop is promising. I love the potential, and thought about betting, but a few things:
1) i know v3 if checked to will pot 100% of time
2) While this is a great drawing hand, I certainly could be behind two pair, wraps, even set of 22 at this point.

Hero elects to call.

Hero raises to 1
V3raises to 3.50
V1 calls 3.25
V2 calls 3.25
Hero calls 2.50
** Flop ** [:ts: :2c: :9s:]
V1 checks
V2 checks
Hero checks
V3 bets 14
V1 calls 14
V2 folds

Hero???

Last edited:
More than half the deck is great for us. 8 spades (not the :2s: so much), and all non spade cards 4-5-6-7-8 (15 more). Pot or call. I would not enjoy getting repotted by V3, but that could make the pot heads up, which is not such a bad result. I'm wimpy though and want to see a turn before committing a bunch more to the pot. So I would call.

I'm okay with a check-call line here.

It's a nice-looking hand, but one that plays much better multi-way and small ball than it does in a deep-stacked repotting situation with the maniacs that I know populate this game. You have virtually no fold equity, the pot is small relative to effective stacks, it's predictable that someone else will bet, and getting raised by a big stack would strip your hand down to the flush draw. (The backdoor possibilities to win or split the low aren't nothing, but they aren't very much either.)

Getting to the turn cheaply is what this hand wants. From there, decisions will be a lot clearer. No sense in complicating things by blowing the pot out of proportion.

If you had Jd instead of Td I’d pot. Given your hand and how much AA gets overvalued for the high in Big O, I’m good with a check-call when v3 fires here.

Game: PL 5-Card Omaha Hi-Lo (20 - 50) - Blinds 0.25/0.25
Site: Rungood Lounge
Table: Casual Thursday
Seat 1: V1 (641.25) SB
Seat 2: V2 (120.75) BB
Seat 3: Hero (759.25) UTG/Hijack
Seat 8: V3 (52.25) Button

Don't let the stakes fool you, these players are sharks.

V1 - This player mixes it up. When playing well he is possibly the best player in our group, with great situational awareness, and selective aggressiveness. We all play together quite a bit, and he is capable of exploiting others play better than anyone else here when he is on his game. When he is off his game, he is just super LAG, bloating pot pre-flop, and trying to bet people off pots. Tonight, he is playing his A+ game, is up I believe from his initial $50 to $641.25. Even though were are only 4-handed, t=he has been a lot tighter than usual pre (and post flop), Have not seen him get it in bad at all so far tonight

V2 - When on his game, he is the other contender for best player in our group. Super laggy, is not afraid to get it in at any time. His one weakness, he is very tilt prone. And when he tilts, boy does he tilt. H=Not sure how much he is down tonight at this point, but best guess is that he is on for around $500 (yes 10 buyins), and has built his most recent buy-in up to $120.75

Hero - I am not tight, by any means, but by far the tightest player in this group of 4 players tonight. In for about $150, Stack is $759.25 to start the hand. Not sure that the other players have noticed how few hands I have played tonight (long term history probably overriding tonight's statistics) but I have seen less than 30% of flops tonight, in a mostly 4-handed (at times 5 and 6 handed table) with most games split pot 5 card. I probably have a reputation for being able to be blown off hands. I can also be a little passive in this group, as I know I can generally let others do the betting for me when I need to. I am the least degen by far of this group.

V3 - What can I say about this guy? Supper aggro, bloating every pot. He books the biggest wins and losses in our group. Tuesday night, He was stuck $1400 at one point before making a comeback and finishing up ~$2.7k (those stakes were .25/50 $200 max buy-in). Tonight he is stuck heaps again, probably over $1k at this point. Only down 20 buy-ins, NBD he'll get it back.

V3 has the dealer button
V1 posts small blind 0.25
V2posts big blind 0.25
** Hole Cards ** [4 players]

Hero raises to 1
V3raises to 3.50
V1 calls 3.25
V2 calls 3.25
Hero calls 2.50
** Flop ** [:ts: :2c: :9s:]
V1 checks
V2 checks
Hero checks
V3 bets 14
V1 calls 14
V2 folds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hero calls. Obviously the choice is between raising and calling, there is never a fold here. A few reasons, while still a great drawing hand, at the point all I have is an over pair and a flush draw. Backdoor straight and Low draws are there, but no-t going to rely in them. My low will only come in 16% of the time, and in a split pot game and the possibility of someone else having the same low draw, the equity bump for having A3 is really less than 8%.

I know without a doubt if I call here, and bink the turn in any way, I can check to v3 who will do the betting for me.

** Turn ** [:qs:]

V1 checks
Hero ??

Do people in this game call down with inferior flushes when it's short handed?
Player and situation dependent. V3 is going to be getting it all in no matter what. And not based on what I know about this hand. He is literally getting in all in every hand to try to build up a big stack so he can wreak some havoc.

Outside of V3 in maniac mode, not really. They'd need to have some sort of combo draw with the low and a wrap and be using the flush draw as backup (particularly if it came back door but this one just kicked in the front)

I might use a blocker bet here that tries to get raised against the right players. Hard to say without a personal read.

I am opposed to not betting with the NF, because we need to charge anyone that has a set from beating us out. Make them put it in bad, even if that means missing out on a little value from a lesser flush.

POT that shit.

Pot it, then cry in a corner when V1 shoves and turns over 8/J or J/K of spades

If you bet here v3 is going to jam 150% of the time and you may lose v1 off the hook. Ideally your check is seen as weakness by v1, v3 autopilot jams, v1 reluctacalls, and you can overpair and put v1 to a decision.

I hate slowplaying in Omaha but this might be one of the few spots where I’d try it since it’s never checking around.

If you bet here v3 is going to jam 150% of the time and you may lose v1 off the hook. Ideally your check is seen as weakness by v1, v3 autopilot jams, v1 reluctacalls, and you can overpair and put v1 to a decision.

I hate slowplaying in Omaha but this might be one of the few spots where I’d try it since it’s never checking around.
At this point, hero is pretty much playing his hand face up leading out with a pot size bet taking a check/call line pre and post flop. That being said, I try to get information on V1 by how they react. Do they snap call or snap repot? This is where hand history and player profiles are important. Against someone I've never played against, I'm potting it. No need to slowplay this. Taking a passive check/call line and seeing a paired board on the river would make me piss myself.

I actually realized hero turned a two pair and can fill up with a 10 or queen. A 9 or 2 on the river would be really interesting.

Straight flush is obviously already out, making this a double cooler with cheese.

Hero has the Holy City at every round, tops it off with queens full on the river, and ends up losing 4,500 BB to :js::ks::9c::8c::5d:. All day.

Pot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom