PAHWM - $0.50/$1 (2 Viewers)

This seems like a surefire way to kill your game...

It's been a source of contention.

All payments are done outside the app, so the group managers export the nightly games to a spreadsheet and the biggest winner is responsible for settling payments for that night.

There was a pivot table detailing total wins/losses and some players objected, so that got tossed. But I built my own off the payouts data.

Well you got your 'safe' turn card. This just doesn't feel like a value bet from a made flush to me.

If you're perceived as a competent player, BB probably has you read for an overpair - probably with a diamond in your hand. The fact that he's jammed on a total blank suggests he's probably less likely to have a draw... although many of the combo draws would probably jam in this spot hoping to win it now.

So the turn changes nothing. You're getting better than 2:1 on a call and your opponent's range is too wide to fold. You're either way ahead or drawing dead... but you can't release here. Hope it worked out for you.

If sets, 2 pair, flushes, and nut flush draws are in his range, then I think you have to call here given you called the flop.

Just to add to my post above. If we give opponent this range...
Screenshot_20200629-095557_Holdem Lab.jpg

Then here is our equity. It changes only slightly if we remove JTs and KQs.

Screenshot_20200629-095615_Holdem Lab.jpg

Then here is our equity. It changes only slightly if we remove JTs and KQs.

I was too lazy to look it up but I figured it was something like this. The ONLY case for folding is if HERO can be almost certain that the BB only jams here with a made flush. HERO just has too much equity to fold... if the BB has it he has it. Shrug and reload.

So what happened?

The suspense is killing me.

I agree that this shove means he doesn’t have the nut flush and most likely already made a hand. Do we put him on a set fearful of that 4th diamond coming out? Your call after the flop based on the timer running out is probably seen as weak/fishing by him... does he shove with a bluff knowing you may be pushed off a hand if he puts you on a diamond draw? IF you had a draw that turn is not helpful and perhaps a shove would get you off it.

My spidery senses are putting him on a set JJ or AdJx or something like that.

I’m going for High diamond with crappy kicker. It’s a semi bluff but he catches another diamond on the river and it all ends in tears.

In any event flux capacitor, go back to 1958, don’t kiss your mom :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

our hand is pretty well disguised here, and there are so many draws and combos he could have that i think you have to sigh call. hopefully we are up against AdJs.

Conclusion...

Since the turn was not a diamond and didn't pair the board, this was a snap call for me. If he had the flush, oh well, but figured I'm ahead of everything else.

He turned over :js::ts: for top two. We ran it twice and he didn't catch up either time and I took a nice pot.

Thanks for everyone's responses! Going over the hand afterwards, didn't have lingering questions about my 3bet pre and bet on the flop. But did have questions about response to check raise.

Also am curious as to what folks think of villain's line. On the one hand, thought it was pretty brilliant since it almost got a significantly better hand to fold, and he knew that I'm hesitant to battle for stacks without something nuttish.

Conclusion...

Since the turn was not a diamond and didn't pair the board, this was a snap call for me. If he had the flush, oh well, but figured I'm ahead of everything else.

He turned over :js::ts: for top two. We ran it twice and he didn't catch up either time and I took a nice pot.

Thanks for everyone's responses! Going over the hand afterwards, didn't have lingering questions about my 3bet pre and bet on the flop. But did have questions about response to check raise.

Also am curious as to what folks think of villain's line. On the one hand, thought it was pretty brilliant since it almost got a significantly better hand to fold, and he knew that I'm hesitant to battle for stacks without something nuttish.
It's interesting. It's a bit of an overplay on his part. He basically turned top 2 into a bluff. Can he really get called by a worse hand by jamming the turn? I guess maybe AA, KK, maybe AJ with a diamond. Is naked Ad calling?

And it's interesting to note that he cold called JTs out of pos to a 3bet.

Also am curious as to what folks think of villain's line.

Knowing the results prejudices my response, but here you go anyway.

I don't mind the flat call pre... it's costing him $8 to take a flop with $24.50 already in the pot. It's a fit or fold play... but when you're 200 BBs deep against a fish it's probably close enough to +EV to take a flop.

The flop surely made him feel he has the best hand. He's got two of the three set possibilities blocked, a set of 7s or a flopped flush is about all he has to fear. There's no reason for him to believe he's behind on the flop but when his hefty c/r gets called at the end of the timer, that should give him pause that you're either on a really strong flush draw or you have the flush already and are trapping. AKs, AQs and KQs are all reasonable holdings for you in this spot.

So I'd probably check the turn and hope to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. But jamming seems reasonable too... you're only drawing dead to pocket jacks and the SF.

"Guy has lost 10k+"

Can I get in this game, thx

How long has he been playing??

My guess is that he's been playing a couple of years.

And no, you can't join the group haha, it's now exclusive to folks who've played together live previously.

As @Payback hinted at, the combination of big losers/winners in the game coupled with public records has made for a lot of drama and wasn't the best for the health of the game.

Originally, the group was about 30 players, about 20 of whom had played live together over the previous year and the rest being friends of friends. One of those friends of friends was the biggest winner, and after a lot of drama between him and a few of the big losers, the group was "redistricted" to include only the 20 folks who'd played in the live game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom