Organising home games (1 Viewer)

Quarkie

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I've started hosting the occasional poker night with friends, and I'm curious as to how you guys organise your games regarding invites and such.
Contacting everyone individually trying to find a suitable date is always a bit of a hassle. Do you use a Facebook group or similar? I think people often don't respond to group messages though. Also, I would like to grow the game and recruit new people - but doing invites via a group would make it a bit awkward if it consisted of someone you, for whatever reason, might not want to invite back.

How do you guys organise games?

I’m currently in the process of getting a home game going. I know about a dozen people who are interested, but I contact 1to1 for now.

I’m not sure who will be actually joining, and until I know who will be a regular, I’m not doing group chats.

Good luck! :)

1. I would be derelict in the duties of a PCF member if I didn't first stress the value of Roberts Rules of Poker and the need to enforce those rules. I know it sounds like a headache but enforcing Roberts Rules of Poker will solve 99% of problems that happen BEFORE the problem even happens. Drama free games gives birth to repeat players. Drama filled games gives birth to bad feeling and no repeat players.

2. I am the psycho who built an entire POS terminal to handle the cash. The software I use in that terminal is called Unicenta. Unicenta gives me the ability to not only track player involvement, but will also let me send out a mass e-mail to my entire group of players (the ones smart enough to give me an e-mail address) informing them of dates and times. Included in that e-mail is my phone number, where people are told to text me their name and I put them on the list. Simple and Easy.

I think someone mentioned before that they just use a massive group email that they can add/remove people as necessary. The invite gets sent out to everyone and the first X number of people who respond get to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom