On the road again… (1 Viewer)

No need to be secretive. The facts are straightforward albeit obscure; people don't like to talk about these sets because there was a lot of controversy at the time around the various private Paulson purchases (including these, Sunset Beach, and the Boat chips). But if you search and read enough old threads you can find out what the story is.

I'll save you some time.

There was a private purchase of custom Paulson chips that was arranged through a friendly card room. The card room submitted an order to Paulson representing it as making custom chips for VIPs and the Paulson rep for the card room allowed it. There were four personal sets made, plus the Big Top Poker cash and tournament sets. There were plans to continue with further orders for more peoples' custom sets, but after the first order went through someone in GPI corporate heard about it and put a stop to it.

The chips were delivered sometime around Jan 2019. The sets were:
  • Big Top Poker, cash and tournament
  • Harlequin Card Room, personal set of @H|Q
  • Truman's House, personal set of @bergs (no longer a PCF member)
  • The Chicken Coop, personal set of @Chicken Rob (no longer a PCF member)
  • A custom Big Top Poker limit set, personal set of @Chippy McChiperson
You've seen Big Top Poker of course, and we've got pictures of The Chicken Coop right here in this thread.

There's some pictures of Truman's House in this thread. Note that @bergs also had a different Truman's House set, made by CPC. There's a picture of the Harlequin Card Room set in this post, and similarly note that @H|Q had an earlier CPC set with the same theme.

You can learn pretty much all there is to know about the private purchase that led to this set by setting aside two hours of your life to read this thread, plus five minutes to read this thread.
I’m shocked o_O

If I had my very own custom designed Paulsons I couldn’t even fathom selling each and every one of them.... unless I had the means to make more :)
I think you nailed it and I’ll say the quiet part out loud
Whoever those were still likely trolls PCF even Bergs was banned but he’s probably watching
Maybe working with someone here with Uber deep pockets to help their NAGB get through GPI
Sees prices for clown chips are silly high
Finds the NAGB liver buyers
Sells for over 9x his cost
Just funded a HUGE new NAGB set in the likely near future
Wash rinse flip repeat
At 1000-2000 a rack wow what a money maker GPI is missing out on here

Whoever those were still likely trolls PCF even Bergs was banned but he’s probably watchingthere
Maybe working with someone here with Uber deep pockets to help their NAGB get through GPI
Wash rinse flip repeat

To my knowledge, there isn’t another group buy going on, at least with this same group of people. I’m pretty sure I’d know about it. But there’s nothing stopping you from trying to do one yourself if you’re so inclined.

Whoever those were still likely trolls PCF even Bergs was banned but he’s probably watching
Wash rinse flip repeat

I think it’s more of a case of being banned from PCF and away from the hobby.

What fun is f**king the prom queen, if you can’t tell anyone about it.

No need to be secretive. The facts are straightforward albeit obscure; people don't like to talk about these sets because there was a lot of controversy at the time around the various private Paulson purchases (including these, Sunset Beach, and the Boat chips). But if you search and read enough old threads you can find out what the story is.

I'll save you some time.

There was a private purchase of custom Paulson chips that was arranged through a friendly card room. The card room submitted an order to Paulson representing it as making custom chips for VIPs and the Paulson rep for the card room allowed it. There were four personal sets made, plus the Big Top Poker cash and tournament sets. There were plans to continue with further orders for more peoples' custom sets, but after the first order went through someone in GPI corporate heard about it and put a stop to it.

The chips were delivered sometime around Jan 2019. The sets were:
  • Big Top Poker, cash and tournament
  • Harlequin Card Room, personal set of @H|Q
  • Truman's House, personal set of @bergs (no longer a PCF member)
  • The Chicken Coop, personal set of @Chicken Rob (no longer a PCF member)
  • A custom Big Top Poker limit set, personal set of @Chippy McChiperson
You've seen Big Top Poker of course, and we've got pictures of The Chicken Coop right here in this thread.

There's some pictures of Truman's House in this thread. Note that @bergs also had a different Truman's House set, made by CPC. There's a picture of the Harlequin Card Room set in this post, and similarly note that @H|Q had an earlier CPC set with the same theme.

You can learn pretty much all there is to know about the private purchase that led to this set by setting aside two hours of your life to read this thread, plus five minutes to read this thread.

Just an FYI, The Harlequin, Truman, and Chicken Coop sets were all personalized customs. My limit set wasn’t really, I just designed a couple chips I really liked and asked the guys running it if I could create a BTP limit set with those chips, and they said ok. A couple other guys on the buy asked if they could purchase some, and I said sure, that’s why you see some of the “secondary” snappers floating about. I still have all my original BTPs except for one cash (not limit)/tourney sample set I sold, one I gave away, and one I broke up and either sold or gave away to various members.

Just an FYI, The Harlequin, Truman, and Chicken Coop sets were all personalized customs. My limit set wasn’t really, I just designed a couple chips I really liked and asked the guys running it if I could create a BTP limit set with those chips, and they said ok. A couple other guys on the buy asked if they could purchase some, and I said sure, that’s why you see some of the “secondary” snappers floating about. I still have all my original BTPs except for one cash (not limit)/tourney sample set I sold, one I gave away, and one I broke up and either sold or gave away to various members.

Yep, I purchased 1000 of the alternate snappers. I then was able to place another Custom Paulson order in Canada. I sold the BTP snappers to fund the deposit for this order. It was cancelled while in production because the Sunset Beach chips started to hit the classifieds on PCF. But that’s a story for another day.

I wasn't privy to any negotiations, but I don't really see how it does, both sides were apparently very happy with the transaction.

I don't know the transactions details, and I'm not asking...its none of my business. But if Chicken Rob threw out a price of 6x what he paid, that's pretty outrageous.

If @ImCrossland offered 6x what Chicken Rob paid, that's totally different.

Regardless of whether both sides were happy at the end of the transaction.

I don't know the transactions details, and I'm not asking...its none of my business. But if Chicken Rob threw out a price of 6x what he paid, that's pretty outrageous.

With all due respect, and I really mean that, you have no idea what that money is being used for. As many have shared here, if we got the opportunity to have our very own unique custom set, it’s unfathomable that we would ever let it go.

That sentiment is probably universally held. If he was willing to part with his 1 of a kind set, it must have been for pretty important reasons. None of us will ever know for sure, but I have at least an idea of why it was sold to me and all I can say is he had a damn important reason.

He deserved every dollar in my eyes.

-Triston

Objection, speculation your honor!

To my knowledge, there isn’t another group buy going on, at least with this same group of people. I’m pretty sure I’d know about it. But there’s nothing stopping you from trying to do one yourself if you’re so inclined.
Yah again
DEEP pockets
Inside deals
I live in the Pacific Ocean not Vegas
Not connected
Plus what good are zero history chips
They are 100% for profit
I know one set of personal chips for sure is in the works if my gossip is correct
Who better to help than someone pulled it off before

I'm not engaging in the flipper debate. Someone ping bergs so he can fire up his VPN and sign in to his second account. He can take it from there.

I made the point that the chips were bought for 6x their original price and Chicken Rob could've been nicer (like 2x or 3x or...) That statement was countered with, 'if someone offered you 6x, would you say no?' I agreed and said price thrown out vs. offer thrown out were pretty different things. And that was disagreed with.

At the end of the day, if both parties are happy with the transaction, who cares? I don't. I hope everyone enjoys their Ruger/MGM-themed chickens.

In other news, prices might hit $50/chip if I have to sit through NYC-type traffic again.

7D5377EB-954D-4A09-A293-B3884374167C.jpeg

I think it doesn’t matter who offered what, if the transaction was agreed to by both parties who cares who made the 1st offer.

I know if I had custom Paulsons, someone would have to make me a crazy offfer to let them go. Kudos to rob for selling and Triston for picking up these chips.

As long as neither of them are complaining, anyone else with an opinion on price is pretty much an irrelevant hater.

I think it doesn’t matter who offered what, if the transaction was agreed to by both parties who cares who made the 1st offer.

I know if I had custom Paulsons, someone would have to make me a crazy offfer to let them go. Kudos to rob for selling and Triston for picking up these chips.

As long as neither of them are complaining, anyone else with an opinion on price is pretty much an irrelevant hater.

Practically beat me to it. Even if this chipset was acquired for 1/5th of what it originally cost, we’re always going to have people come out from the woodwork to toss in their 2¢ and in a non constructive matter at that.

Practically beat me to it. Even if this chipset was acquired for 1/5th of what it originally cost, we’re always going to have people come out from the woodwork to toss in their 2¢ and in a non constructive matter at that.
Is your 2c 1/5th of your opinion or 10X of it? im not sure how the math quite works

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom