On the road again… (1 Viewer)

As a fellow PCFer found on the web, Chicken Rob has his own entry in the Urban Dictionary. Looks like it was contributed by PCFs very own @jbutler.

View attachment 738432
At first i didnt quite understand what irt meant, but the example listed was very helpful :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
B3BEED29-06B5-4237-BC1B-2A37609CB2A3~2.jpeg

Damn dude I figured you were above posting this kind of thing. Pretty sad when he's not even here to defend himself.
An entry in the urban dictionary? I just thought it was an inside joke at PCF. Am I missing something? Just thought it was funny. I don’t know anyone involved, or any of the drama. Just figured it was a joke all the old timers knew about. I’ll remove it, didn’t realize it was not a joke!

An entry in the urban dictionary? I just thought it was an inside joke at PCF. Am I missing something? Just thought it was funny. I don’t know anyone involved, or any of the drama. Just figured it was a joke all the old timers knew about. I’ll remove it, didn’t realize it was not a joke!

You're probably missing a little something but I can believe you weren't trying to take a shot. I think there's a real good chance that if you were around before the boat chips it would be pretty easy to see that as not being written by jbutler (butlerthelawyer username makes it obvious it's a troll) and most definitely probably could have been written by someone that was trying to sail on a boat that was sunk. I also plainly see from your point of view how you interpreted it, zero malice intended.

It's crazy, I've gathered what I feel is about 10% of the boat chip/drama story (I had zero idea anything like that was going on until it was public knowledge) through reading posts and deciphering cryptic remarks, and it's a crazy story, but how raw and divisive it still is is very telling: the whole story must be insane.

You're probably missing a little something but I can believe you weren't trying to take a shot. I think there's a real good chance that if you were around before the boat chips it would be pretty easy to see that as not being written by jbutler (butlerthelawyer username makes it obvious it's a troll) and most definitely probably could have been written by someone that was trying to sail on a boat that was sunk. I also plainly see from your point of view how you interpreted it, zero malice intended.

It's crazy, I've gathered what I feel is about 10% of the boat chip/drama story (I had zero idea anything like that was going on until it was public knowledge) through reading posts and deciphering cryptic remarks, and it's a crazy story, but how raw and divisive it still is is very telling: the whole story must be insane.
Boy... Was it an adventure..... Ooph

Someone pm me the story please :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
No need to be secretive. The facts are straightforward albeit obscure; people don't like to talk about these sets because there was a lot of controversy at the time around the various private Paulson purchases (including these, Sunset Beach, and the Boat chips). But if you search and read enough old threads you can find out what the story is.

I'll save you some time.

There was a private purchase of custom Paulson chips that was arranged through a friendly card room. The card room submitted an order to Paulson representing it as making custom chips for VIPs and the Paulson rep for the card room allowed it. There were four personal sets made, plus the Big Top Poker cash and tournament sets. There were plans to continue with further orders for more peoples' custom sets, but after the first order went through someone in GPI corporate heard about it and put a stop to it.

The chips were delivered sometime around Jan 2019. The sets were:
  • Big Top Poker, cash and tournament
  • Harlequin Card Room, personal set of @H|Q
  • Truman's House, personal set of @bergs (no longer a PCF member)
  • The Chicken Coop, personal set of @Chicken Rob (no longer a PCF member)
  • A custom Big Top Poker limit set, personal set of @Chippy McChiperson
You've seen Big Top Poker of course, and we've got pictures of The Chicken Coop right here in this thread.

There's some pictures of Truman's House in this thread. Note that @bergs also had a different Truman's House set, made by CPC. There's a picture of the Harlequin Card Room set in this post, and similarly note that @H|Q had an earlier CPC set with the same theme.

You can learn pretty much all there is to know about the private purchase that led to this set by setting aside two hours of your life to read this thread, plus five minutes to read this thread.

No need to be secretive. The facts are straightforward albeit obscure; people don't like to talk about these sets because there was a lot of controversy at the time around the various private Paulson purchases (including these, Sunset Beach, and the Boat chips). But if you search and read enough old threads you can find out what the story is.

I'll save you some time.

There was a private purchase of custom Paulson chips that was arranged through a friendly card room. The card room submitted an order to Paulson representing it as making custom chips for VIPs and the Paulson rep for the card room allowed it. There were four personal sets made, plus the Big Top Poker cash and tournament sets. There were plans to continue with further orders for more peoples' custom sets, but after the first order went through someone in GPI corporate heard about it and put a stop to it.

You've seen Big Top Poker of course, and we've got pictures of The Chicken Coop right here in this thread.

There's some pictures of Truman's House in this thread. Note that @bergs also had a different Truman's House set, made by CPC. There's a picture of the Harlequin Card Room set in this post, and similarly note that @H|Q had an earlier CPC set with the same theme.

You can learn pretty much all there is to know about the private purchase that led to this set by setting aside two hours of your life to read this thread, plus five minutes to read this thread.
Thanks a lot, i appreciate it. Have seen some of the threads before. But surely didnt know about the chicken set or the truman set. I will be catching up on these too.

I still think the chicken rob urban dictionary is funny as hell :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I'll save you some time.

I'll save you some time.

There were two other big factors that weren’t mentioned. GPI was officially acquired before the second order was attempted, and the WSOP chips needed to be remade for security purposes.

Its not like GPI corporate caught wind of something and shut it down, Rob tried to escalate the order up the chain of command, but they said Paulson chips were no longer available as an option.

Ah, thanks for that further info! I hadn't realized that the GPI acquisition was around the same time.

[Edit] To be clear, this is the acquisition of GPI by Angel Holdings of Japan, announced in Nov 2018 and closed in May 2019. Not to be confused with the acquisition (sort-of) of Paulson by GPI, which happened in 2002 (technically a reverse merger between Paulson and B&G which then created GPI)

Last edited:
Its not like GPI corporate caught wind of something and shut it down, Rob tried to escalate the order up the chain of command, but they said Paulson chips were no longer available as an option.
What do you mean when you say that he tried to escalate the order up the chain of command?

I'll save you some time.

This is amazing! Thanks so much for the details - I love learning about all of the chip history, sometimes more than the chips themselves!

I thought it was quite funny, thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom