On holiday in Aitkin - Looking for a Minnesota game - June 27th - July 12th (2 Viewers)

OfficerLovejoy

Full House
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm on family vacation with my wife and kids at her host family back from school days and I'm gonna be chilling at a lake near Aitkin, MN for a few weeks.

I didn't do any poker related research beforehand but now that I'm here, I was wondering if there are any PCF Minnesotans that would want me at one of their games.

I completely forgot to bring some goodies like cut cards or sample sets BUT I clean up after myself and I almost never check raise ( :LOL: :laugh: ).

Let me know if you have a seat open if you're in reasonable driving distance.

Tags of awesome Minnesotans would also be appreciated. :)

Cheers

Last edited:
Nobody?
i-just-dont-understand-it-frances-mcdormand.gif

Aitkin is up in Cabin country. That area is beautiful in the summer, but is 2.5hrs ish from most of the population and most poker. I do have a cabin, but it is not in that area. If you are into golf, there are several spectacular golf courses within a short distance of Aitkin/Brainerd etc. There are others too, but specifically Deacons Lodge @ Breezy pt and The Classic @ Maddens are two premier courses that rival just about any private course anywhere.

Coincidentally, been offline camping with my family the past few days near Whitewater state park (SE Minnesota). I will see if I can get something going. But fair to warn you, Aitkin is way up dere.

Roughly 140 mi to @merkong and myself and probably 100-110 mi to @inca911 .

Coincidentally, been offline camping with my family the past few days near Whitewater state park (SE Minnesota). I will see if I can get something going. But fair to warn you, Aitkin is way up dere.
Yeah it felt quite rural on the ride in. :LOL: :laugh:
Roughly 140 mi to @merkong and myself and probably 100-110 mi to @inca911 .
I'm fully prepared to drive 2 hours to meet some nice PCF people, but you don't have to get something going just for my sake.
I thought maybe someone in the area had a weekly game I could sneak into if it coincides with my families vacation schedule. ;)

Thank you for the response Justin :tup:

I live near Brainerd/Baxter. My home game only runs a few times a year but I do attend the weekly bar league. There is one at Jack Pine Brewery in Baxter on July 10th that I will be at. It's an insanely fast turbo structure that gets about 70 entries and finishes in about 3.5 hours.......2,000 starting stack at 25/50 and blinds raise very steeply. If you did want to go, I do have a card that gets me and a new player 500 extra chips ;)

Free Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament at Jack Pine Brewery!!​

July 10 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm​

FREE
Game starts promptly at 6!
You don’t have to shuffle or deal! Our volunteer dealers will do all that for you!
They will even help you along the way if you’re an up-and-coming player!
(If they’re slinging ya some good cards, feel free to buy ‘em a pint!)
Prizes for First, Second AND Third!
Also a prize for the FIRST PLAYER to win with Ace-Nine in the pocket!
Arrive early to make sure you get a seat!
So come on out, have a pint and play some cards!
1f37b.png

#alwaysfun! #alwaysfree!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom