Old Metal File Cabinets - 6K chips per drawer (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
These older file cabinets that you can find for $25-$50 each all over FB marketplace make for great chip storage. Find the ones with heavy duty steel ball bearing slides. They can hold 6000 chips per drawer in Matsui racks.

PXL_20230405_132639106.MP.jpg

PXL_20230405_133327294.jpg

I would only add to be cognizant of the weight you put in the front of these drawers, and the tendency of these filing cabinets to tip forward if the front of a drawer is too heavy.

i was just thinking about how to secure my chippies. Mine are currently displayed openly on bookshelves, which is a TERRIBLE solution for toddlers (@louBdub knows my struggle).

I'll start hunting some lockable cabinets on fb right now. good looking out Tommy

Makes sense, price-wise…

But am I the only one who doesn’t like stacking racks of quality chips on top of each other? (Not the Matsui-type racks pictured in this post, the Paulson-style racks.)

Last edited:
Makes sense, price-wise…

But am I the only one who doesn’t like stacking racks of quality chips on top of each other?
With Matsui racks, racks above are not touching the chips and they interlock too, making 5 high very sturdy.

I don't know if I would want to put that many chips in anything above the bottom drawer. Maybe max 30-50% capacity on the upper drawers. That's a lot of weight.
I had 3 drawers maxed with the Opus chips. Never had an issue. Always better to distribute evenly if you have the room. I usually do cards, DBs, and accessories in the top drawer.

i was just thinking about how to secure my chippies. Mine are currently displayed openly on bookshelves, which is a TERRIBLE solution for toddlers (@louBdub knows my struggle).

I'll start hunting some lockable cabinets on fb right now. good looking out Tommy
They’re giving away hutches on Craigslist.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom