Oil filled inlays, new members can read here for pointers (1 Viewer)

@FordPickup92 I wonder if automotive oil absorbent or kitty litter would help to get them back to “chalky” condition. Then just lightly re-oil the rolling edges.

Oil the rolling edges with a shoe-shine applicator (half a teaspoon of oil on the sponge per 5 barrels as maximum oil quantity), then wipe any excess oil with a clean soft micro-fiber cloth.
Afther you 've wiped all the rolling edges, you can use that, now lightly oiled, cloth to wipe the perimeter of the face of each chip, without touching, as much as possible, the inlay.
If damage has already occurred, I don't know what to advise.
Edit: Needless to say, you don't oil near-mint or mint Paulsons.

I don’t oil Paulsons anymore. I also learned the hard way many years ago that too much oil is a bad thing. Now I only put some on a cloth and use it on the rolling edge for CPC chips.

Regular play and natural hand oils will get your Paulsons looking good very quickly.

My experience with oil was to put a few drops on the corner of a dry rag, rub the oil into the rag by folding it over smushing until you hardly notice any oil at all, the. Use that for the rolling edge of the chip, I kinda let the fibers of the rag go over the edges of the chip just a bit and one swipe around the chip and move on. the rag will dry up after a while, then add few more drops on the rag. But seriously, after you get the rag going... there’s an even distribution of oil on 1/4 of the rag... I bet you could just use the rag for thousands of chips. I use the dry sides of the rag to go over any over excess oil immediately and after a while the rag gets perfect and everything Is really easy.

Maybe a better way to think of it, is Try using a slightly oily rag, instead of “oiling the chips” we are trying to mimic human fingers here, not bowling lanes.

Good info. A lot of differing opinions throughout the forum. Guess I’ll do some trial and error on cheaper chips for now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom