Official Worldwide Football (Soccer) Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

All time champions league placing. We’re at number 19 which is decent for such a small league.

5913ADB9-7456-4109-B035-A00CCE55D697.jpeg

Is there any chance I (an American) can buy tickets to the Chelsea vs Real Madrid champions league quarterfinal? I’ve read somewhere that UK law prohibits ticket resale but it looks like some 3rd party marketplace websites are selling tickets starting around £250 each. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Is there any chance I (an American) can buy tickets to the Chelsea vs Real Madrid champions league quarterfinal? I’ve read somewhere that UK law prohibits ticket resale but it looks like some 3rd party marketplace websites are selling tickets starting around £250 each. Am I missing something?
While it’s illegal to resell tickets it happens all the time and nobody seems to care. Ticket touts are a problem although I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone being prosecuted for reselling tickets.

The biggest risk is that you end up with a forgery. Unfortunately you won’t find out until you turn up at the gate and your ticket won’t scan. That happens quite a lot. Up to you if you want to risk it but you could be travelling a long way only to find out you’ve had a wasted trip.

Your best option would be to try and get tickets through a supporters club but you might struggle due to the significance of the game. Most supporters clubs would rather sell to another fan rather than a “tourist”. They hate tourists turning up and taking tickets from real fans.

Last edited:
Not trolling at all here
Despite our draw today, on whose ground do you all think Arsenal will clinch the league this season?
1681067780678.png

I lied, was trolling a little;)
City are in that gear now I think, and good lord do we need Salina back. Holding is a liability!

But, I do think Arsenal will win it this season on Match day 38 against Wolves.
Counting on 3 things:

-City have a lot more games to play in 3 different competitions.

-I anticipate City dropping a minimum of 3 more points. Either 1 loss, or 2 draws before the end.

-Like Arsenal they have 3 tough games left: Arsenal, hopefully Chelsea show up, and relegation scrapping Everton.

Even if Arsenal can’t find that other gear, I think we can still win it while dropping 3, maybe even 4 points moving forward.

I think any points dropped outside of their match against each other will determine the winner. Going to be a very exciting end to the season, but I think Arsenal win on match day 38.

I lied, was trolling a little;)
City are in that gear now I think, and good lord do we need Salina back. Holding is a liability!

But, I do think Arsenal will win it this season on Match day 38 against Wolves.
Counting on 3 things:

-City have a lot more games to play in 3 different competitions.

-I anticipate City dropping a minimum of 3 more points. Either 1 loss, or 2 draws before the end.

-Like Arsenal they have 3 tough games left: Arsenal, hopefully Chelsea show up, and relegation scrapping Everton.

Even if Arsenal can’t find that other gear, I think we can still win it while dropping 3, maybe even 4 points moving forward.

I think any points dropped outside of their match against each other will determine the winner. Going to be a very exciting end to the season, but I think Arsenal win on match day 38.

This didn't age well :D Oh well, was a fun run. Sort of confused why moving White to CB wasn't tried. Holding just gets smoked by everyone. Not sure how Tierney would hold up on the other side. Feel like he got a pretty raw deal this season. Partey just turned 50 it seems.

This didn't age well :D Oh well, was a fun run. Sort of confused why moving White to CB wasn't tried. Holding just gets smoked by everyone. Not sure how Tierney would hold up on the other side. Feel like he got a pretty raw deal this season. Partey just turned 50 it seems.
I think we're missing the main point here: Arsenal just don't have the mindset or bottle to get it over the line when it matters. Unforgivable to throw away two, two-goal leads and draw against the bottom side when it mattered.

lol ok no it did not!
I thought that draw at Liverpool was going to be just enough. Definitely did not expect the two performances that followed…
Either way we got Champins League back to look forward to now. They’ve been a lot more fun to watch this season than the last few which were barely watchable at all.
Hopefully they add some depth to CB and DM this Summer and we can take another stab at it next season.

IMG_1108.jpeg

Buddy and I were lucky enough to catch the second leg of Real Madrid and Chelsea uefa champions quarter final match. Overpaid for tickets but very happy we were able to get into Stamford Bridge!

Also got a shocked look by the Sky News reporter when I answered I believed Chelsea would win. He ditched our interview even faster than he approached me. I can’t say I blame him because I was indeed full of shit. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom