Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (39 Viewers)

A few months ago he opened the box and discovered 3 bottles were missing. Turns out his wife found them and was using then for cooking. For years. Without him knowing. Oooops!

lol, this one hits home. I don’t drink much beyond whiskey, but I always have at least one nice bottle of vodka on hand, usually something like Belvedere or Grey Goose. My wife and kids love penne vodka, and for months she’d grab one of those bottles. Instead of the $9 bottle of Smirnoff sitting RIGHT next to it… :facepalm:

20240315_132722.jpg

Nice delivery today. Took advantage of Barrel's leap day free shipping. Only way I could get a batch 35.

IMG_1492.jpeg

If you’re a fan of malts, I’d highly recommend Westward. Local distiller here in Portland that has become one of my all time favorites.

These prices don’t make any sense.

WLW or GTS if you are up for spending that much. Knob Creek 12 or Larceny I guess if you want to stay in the cheaper side.
I was considering the WLW as a splurge. I'll never buy a bottle at secondary.

The food at this restaurant is the draw, but I like to peak at the whiskey lists.

Knob Creek 12 or Larceny I guess if you want to stay in the cheaper side.
That was going to be my recommendation too, unless you want to splurge (overpay) for a nicer glass.

The Stagg/WLW and similar are impossible to find at a decent price around here, those prizes are fairly standard (and gross). Weller SR offerings are usually like $50 (more than what a bottle should cost)

Knob Creek 12 or Larceny I guess if you want to stay in the cheaper side.

I've got larceny and had the last pour of @krafticus KC12 at his game last weekend :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

With young kids I don't get out often, so when I do, I don't mind overpaying for pours I haven't tried or really good ones I have tried.

But second or third rounds…..

IMG_8008.jpeg

Whiskey & poker delivered tonight. Even though I tell them not to bring anything… they do.

The Hatozaki small batch was the winner this evening with a lot of folks going back to it. The interesting one was the Atlas Silent Neighbor. Atlas is a brewing company in DC and they redistilled their Silent Neighbor beer into a whiskey that was quite tasty and didn’t at all feel like 122 proof.

PS. In for $50, out for $106. The big winner was out for $122.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom