Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (42 Viewers)

IMG_6991.jpeg
IMG_6992.jpeg
Wow! This is very different from any 4R I’ve ever had. Not quite sure what to make of it yet. Nose reminds me of Willett rye but it has a traditional palate of caramel, vanilla and rich oak. This has a much spicier finish than I thought there’d be for their low rye mashbill and it lasts for a good while. I think this is gonna be a great bottle after it gets a little time to breathe…It’s just so different from my limited experience with 4R single barrels.

I got a sample of OESO that I’m gonna have next to see just how different I think this bottle is.

IMG_6993.jpeg
Had this OESO sample after cracking the OESQ last night. Night and day difference between the two. Lots of dark fruits and vanilla on the nose and palate with barely any spice on the back side. The finish was a bit shorter but this is where the oak shined. I could sip on this one for days!
IMG_6998.jpeg
Weller Full Proof store pick barrel. It's A107 on steroids! This is so damn good! I’m trying to save the last half of it for a friend but he might be shit out of luck :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

IMG_6999.jpeg
Next up…Makers Mark Cellar Aged 2023

I’ll just say that the nose is fantastic and it’s all downhill from there. There’s a real sour note and astringency on the palate that I just can’t get past. It totally hides whatever notes are supposedly in there. The finish is pretty much the same with a touch of cinnamon to help mask the sourness but it’s not enough to save it. I’m glad I got the chance to try this but this one is a hard pass for me. The WFP store pick was exponentially better imo

Was in Scottsdale AZ this past weekend for Dodgers spring training, did a quick Costco run and had to check out the alcohol section… here’s what they had

View attachment 1290465

View attachment 1290466

View attachment 1290467

View attachment 1290468

View attachment 1290469

View attachment 1290470

View attachment 1290471

View attachment 1290473

View attachment 1290474

View attachment 1290475

I’ve noticed more of the KCSB ryes lately, need to give one a try. Nice price on the Sinatra select.

KCSB ryes are fantastic! I’ve yet to have a bad one out of 10 or so different barrels thus far. It’s a bottle that I’ll always pick up whenever I find a new to me barrel.
Sigh, now that I'm thinking about it I think you've tried to edgumacate me on this before. Just one more bottle won't hurt right?

SCORE! After a 10% discount code and the free shipping for orders over $99.99, I ended up paying $5 LESS than I would have if I found them locally and I didn’t even need to go out looking!
IMG_7003.jpeg
#AvoidTheTaters

I have ordered from this place multiple times…they’re legit. You’ll see some stupid prices on some stuff and some very good prices on others.

IMG_4317.jpeg

Anyone ever had this? I have a buddy who’s always picking up random bottles to explore new ones. He brought this as a gift last game we had. It’s just ok, only has 2-3 pours from it so not sure if it’ll open up more but honestly to me it just seems young and “green”. Also feels on the thin side and leaves a dry taste in my mouth

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom