Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (26 Viewers)

Ok guys, question/interest time. There are lots and lots of bourbon and whiskey podcasts and YouTube channels out there. Some great, some good and some WTF.

Im contemplating adding one more the genre but wanted to get some feed back from you guys.

Most of the current ones provide mostly reviews and tastings, or the hunt for bourbon or current events.

I’m a history guy and I’ve noticed there isn’t really one devoted to bourbon history. Would any of you be interested in one like this.

I’m not looking to get rich, hell I doubt I’d make any money but just wondering what you goys think about the concept.

Thanks.
And yes, I would watch videos on bourbon history if they had high production and entertainment value.

Ok guys, question/interest time. There are lots and lots of bourbon and whiskey podcasts and YouTube channels out there. Some great, some good and some WTF.

Im contemplating adding one more the genre but wanted to get some feed back from you guys.

Most of the current ones provide mostly reviews and tastings, or the hunt for bourbon or current events.

I’m a history guy and I’ve noticed there isn’t really one devoted to bourbon history. Would any of you be interested in one like this.

I’m not looking to get rich, hell I doubt I’d make any money but just wondering what you goys think about the concept.

Thanks.

Being honest, if it's well done (something like a cool history channel show).... I might watch once in a while. But not regularly. I watch a few of these to get better intel on the next bottle to hunt for, not really for entertainment (except for Matt lol).

Clearing space on my shelves again. Lemme know if any of y’all are interested in any. Half the bottles are at or around msrp, the other half I paid more for:

z6OWCHI.jpeg

TxHAXQX.jpeg

NjWhD68.jpeg

JQzhB94.jpeg

cXBHWDX.jpeg

cAlMDZr.jpeg

ulx0MDL.jpeg

OF 150?

Being honest, if it's well done (something like a cool history channel show).... I might watch once in a while. But not regularly. I watch a few of these to get better intel on the next bottle to hunt for, not really for entertainment (except for Matt lol).
I can't afford most of the whiskey they talk about anyway, so I'm all about the entertainment!

20240222_173857.jpg

Well I wouldn’t buy this one again. I did get a double for a single price but the price was double what it should be.

Reactions: mho
Oh @Billy Baroo my friend, Christmas is coming early this year, my guy hooked us up.

Mike Tyson Smile GIF

Just give me a hot minute, I missed creaming what appeared to be a 10 to 12 point buck on my way home, the fucker was eye to eye with me and I drive an Avalanche. I need to go clear the shit out of my pants lol.

Oh @Billy Baroo my friend, Christmas is coming early this year, my guy hooked us up.

Mike Tyson Smile GIF

Just give me a hot minute, I missed creaming what appeared to be a 10 to 12 point buck on my way home, the fucker was eye to eye with me and I drive an Avalanche. I need to go clear the shit out of my pants lol.
You sure it wasn’t a moose :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I haven’t seen a deer that size since I moved from PA down to NC over 30 years ago

You sure it wasn’t a moose :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I haven’t seen a deer that size since I moved from PA down to NC over 30 years ago
It was easily the biggest deer I've ever seen around here. It had just started to rain too. Thankfully I was driving slower than normal due to the precious cargo I was hauling. Not the first time alcohol has saved my life ;) :D

C3 v C6

C3 nose - Fruity, grain, caramel
palette - pepper, winter green, oak, caramel, nice finish

C6 nose - brown sugar, leather
palette - oak, bitter, tabacco

winner - C3

C4 v C5

C4 nose - Apple, ethonol. earth
palette - nutmeg, ethonol. oak

C5 nose - caramel, dark chocolate, cherry
palette - dark chocolate, cinnamon, oak, dark fruit, good mouth feel

winner - C5

this was a run away winner, C5 was a banger and blew C4 away.

bracket6.jpeg

Advice needed. A friend daily drinks Angel Envy Rye. Willet purple top is their favorite juice ever. What OTHER bottles could possibly work as a birthday gift? (Unless one of you wants to send me some purple top in the next day or two lol…otherwise I’m diving into my half decent bunker.)

Advice needed. A friend daily drinks Angel Envy Rye. Willet purple top is their favorite juice ever. What OTHER bottles could possibly work as a birthday gift? (Unless one of you wants to send me some purple top in the next day or two lol…otherwise I’m diving into my half decent bunker.)

Hirsch single barrel
redwood empire cask strength pipe dream
shenks

How are these still findable on the shelf!?!?
Not really on the shelf, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good right? :)

The one I eye-spyed yesterday was tucked away in their premium case behind another bottle, you could hardly see it. I had to literally smoosh my face to the glass to confirm what it was (yeah I have no shame).

After getting it home, I looked back at my spreadsheet; I picked this bottle up here in 2021, and remembered it was in the exact same spot, so its a bottle they replace one at a time. Checked their website and saw a few more showing in stock. So I went back today and asked if they had anymore in the storeroom. He happily came back later with the case, all dusty and shit. :D

I sooooo wanted to follow that up with:

74f89ed4-bd15-46a2-b594-8215df0597f7_text.gif

Not really on the shelf, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good right? :)

The one I eye-spyed yesterday was tucked away in their premium case behind another bottle, you could hardly see it. I had to literally smoosh my face to the glass to confirm what it was (yeah I have no shame).

After getting it home, I looked back at my spreadsheet; I picked this bottle up here in 2021, and remembered it was in the exact same spot, so its a bottle they replace one at a time. Checked their website and saw a few more showing in stock. So I went back today and asked if they had anymore in the storeroom. He happily came back later with the case, all dusty and shit. :D

I sooooo wanted to follow that up with:

View attachment 1279242
Hot damn! That's what it's all about

hahaha perfect gif

Hirsch single barrel boubons
Old Kirk
Anything Redwood Empire
Most Blue Notes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom