Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (55 Viewers)

This was the first I have seen old granddad 114 on the shelves in the last few years. I grabbed the two bottles available!
Down here it's everywhere.

Next time you're in town, bring an extra suitcase and we can load you up for the trip home.

Just snagged these from an acquaintance in Georgia, both store picks.

I've never had Old Soul, looking forward to trying it. And if it sucks, well, my players will drink it. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

1694057790747.png

Didn't take pics of each one but here's my list from last night's game:

Limousin Rye
Blue Note Juke Joint
Rocket Top
WT Family Reserve Cask Strength Rye

One of my guys asked if I had "something cheap that I can mix with Coke" and I gave him the bottle of Hell-cat Maggie which has been sitting on my bar untouched for over a year. He happily killed it.

Old School Yes GIF
If anyone ever asks me this, I have a bottle of Earl Settler they are welcome to kill.

Just snagged these from an acquaintance in Georgia, both store picks.

I've never had Old Soul, looking forward to trying it. And if it sucks, well, my players will drink it. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1191665

I had an Old Soul and i didnt have high expectations but I actually really liked it. I also have an Old Soul 13 year which was a limited release, but i havent opened it yet

Atmosphere - terrible

Glassware - eh

Jokes from wife that you went to Applebees as a ‘bar’ - very high (including several references to a ‘hall pass’!)

Prices - selectively killer for my neck of the woods!!

IMG_8456.jpeg

1.25oz of Jefferson’s Ocean + Buffalo Trace + Blanton’s for $15 - worth everything she said about my ‘bar’ of choice!!

Atmosphere - terrible

Glassware - eh

Jokes from wife that you went to Applebees as a ‘bar’ - very high (including several references to a ‘hall pass’!)

Prices - selectively killer for my neck of the woods!!

View attachment 1192151
1.25oz of Jefferson’s Ocean + Buffalo Trace + Blanton’s for $15 - worth everything she said about my ‘bar’ of choice!!
But wait... They charge a buck fifty extra (or more) for ice cubes??? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

The reviews are very good for this one. And that age and proof...
I've been dying to get this one since they announced it back in spring. My hope is that they'll be enough yield of it so that everyone who likes the barrel proof Elijah Craig's can get at least five or six :LOL: :laugh:

I was expecting EC to give up on the 12 year age statement so they could start putting out 10y3mo or 9yr11mo whiskey, you know, LESS than 12 years. Was not expecting a 13.5 year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom