Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (32 Viewers)

The date the whiskey was dumped out of the barrel to be bottled. The age statement is the difference between the barreled date and the dumped date.
Yep… just seems like they could use a more appealing term. Dumped isn’t a positive word… Dumped on the ground? Dumped in a pit?

I’m familiar with the bunghole. That’s the origin. But when I say I’m going to take a dump, it only involves whiskey if I’ve over-consumed both whiskey and BBQ the night before.

I call this “rye two ways”.

IMG_3892.jpeg

I can’t find that bottle.
I can get the pumpernickel rye, the ported pumpernickel rye, and sometimes the store pick Cask Strength ported pumpernickel rye. I’ve never bought the third one of those. $100 is a bit spendy. Shoot me a PM if you want me to pick you some up. In a trade I could use an Eagle Rare and a couple Weller 101s.

The Middle West Pumpernickel Rye is solid for the price, like I seem to remember from the last time I had some. My gold standard in the under $50 price range, however, is the Pikesville 110. The Middle West is not as good as the Pikesville.

Didn't take pics of each one but here's my list from last night's game:

Limousin Rye
Blue Note Juke Joint
Rocket Top
WT Family Reserve Cask Strength Rye

One of my guys asked if I had "something cheap that I can mix with Coke" and I gave him the bottle of Hell-cat Maggie which has been sitting on my bar untouched for over a year. He happily killed it.

Old School Yes GIF

Didn't take pics of each one but here's my list from last night's game:

Limousin Rye
Blue Note Juke Joint
Rocket Top
WT Family Reserve Cask Strength Rye

One of my guys asked if I had "something cheap that I can mix with Coke" and I gave him the bottle of Hell-cat Maggie which has been sitting on my bar untouched for over a year. He happily killed it.

Old School Yes GIF
At least he asked for the cheap stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom