Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (29 Viewers)

Damn dude, that Kentucky Owl Rye 4th (and final) is soooo good. It has it all. Nose, palate, finish and mouth feel. It is $300 here. Did I pay that to try it? Yes. Will I pay that again to have one back up............sure. I can't wait to try my sample of KO2. This stuff is over priced regardless of the # but it IS SO DAMN GOOD!
I can get #3 for $240 plus tax...which is essentially $300. I don’t think I’ll do that. :LOL: :laugh:

Wish this was available enough to be my daily

img{

View attachment 650138
This one is growing on me. I don't like the burn but 3 small cubes and the carmel nuttiness really pushes forward. Most unique bourbon I've had (not saying mu

Damn dude, that Kentucky Owl Rye 4th (and final) is soooo good. It has it all. Nose, palate, finish and mouth feel. It is $300 here. Did I pay that to try it? Yes. Will I pay that again to have one back up............sure. I can't wait to try my sample of KO2. This stuff is over priced regardless of the # but it IS SO DAMN GOOD!
I'm going to do a Batch 2 vs 3 vs 4 this afternoon. I really hope the 4 doesn't crush because I don't feel like dropping $300 on one bottle.

Not sure why that NULU post got quoted, but...it should be interesting because it's not bourbon. Toasted Barrel rye sounds good to me, though.

Correct. Batch 9.
Do I want to know what the single cask goes for?

The US versions of 92/93/94 are as expensive as the Grandeurs. Secondary for the 700ml are about $450/$500 for a great cask. Some, more than that.

I’d go for an Oloroso cask instead of a PX cask myself. Most of the 93s are amazing, the 92/94 are not bad either. 90 are phenomenal but older and more expensive.

Correct. Batch 9.
Do I want to know what the single cask goes for?

I believe Mass had a really good cask a couple of years ago. Can’t remember the distillation year. If my mind serves me right, I think it was about $700. Maybe they are still around you. Maybe even for less than that.

Costco today had regular Redbreast 12 for $49. Also had their store brand 23 year Speyside for like $89 I think. Still had lots of Bardstown Fusion 3 for $50. I would bite on one of those at $40 maybe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom