Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (47 Viewers)

IMG_7180.jpeg

One of the more generous members of the Moxie Poker Constituency left some cash behind after collecting an obscene # of bounties - with the instructions to 'pick up a couple 18 year olds to share with the group at the next game'.

I'm sure this is exactly what he meant :cool

20240326_093014.jpg

One of the more generous members of the Moxie Poker Constituency left some cash behind after collecting an obscene # of bounties - with the instructions to 'pick up a couple 18 year olds to share with the group at the next game'.

I'm sure this is exactly what he meant :cool

View attachment 1312703
Careful. That one over on the right is jail bait!

forever jealous of those that can find EHT. ( I mean, I can find it, but not for less than $200 for small batch and $350-$400 for single barrel)

I can't find it at all. Internet gouging only for me.
What do you guys find more easily around your area that we probably don't get much of in the south? A bourbon exchange always sounds fun :)

I don't drink as much as I used to and I don't get to go out and hunt for bourbon as much but EH seems to pop up frequently here. Browsing the local bourbon FB group I saw more deliveries happening so maybe I can snag a couple extra bottles over time.

IMG_9801.png

What do you guys find more easily around your area that we probably don't get much of in the south? A bourbon exchange always sounds fun :)

I don't drink as much as I used to and I don't get to go out and hunt for bourbon as much but EH seems to pop up frequently here. Browsing the local bourbon FB group I saw more deliveries happening so maybe I can snag a couple extra bottles over time.

View attachment 1312988
For me, Sagamore .. ;)
I mean, I can find a lot of things, but it's the price point that makes it tough. While I can't get the HAL items easily, I can find most things you are looking for.

View attachment 1312988
Interesting. My local north of Houston TW has both EHT and Booker's listed as "may" be in stock, but when I stopped in last Friday, the guy in the aisle laughed at me. Maybe they updated the website ahead of the actual delivery? Was that post from today?

For me, Sagamore .. ;)
I mean, I can find a lot of things, but it's the price point that makes it tough. While I can't get the HAL items easily, I can find most things you are looking for.
I don't know about Austin, but in Houston I can find most everything from Sagamore. It's pretty widely distributed.

Interesting. My local north of Houston TW has both EHT and Booker's listed as "may" be in stock, but when I stopped in last Friday, the guy in the aisle laughed at me. Maybe they updated the website ahead of the actual delivery? Was that post from today?
I've found that online inventory system at total wine or Specs of any allocated bottles is highly inaccurate. If it's not on the allocated table or sitting in the back somewhere. Most of the time they won't even tell me on the phone. For the more real time inventory I get my info mainly from word of mouth or the local FB forum where they say how many bottles they saw and at what time.

I was at a different liquor store that day and my buddy asked the front for EH Taylor and they said they didn't have any. One of the guys shopping there heard and whispered to us that TW up the road had 10 bottle of EH taylor just 10 mins ago so we ran over and got some. They were down to 6 bottles by the time we got there.

Sagamore has a few "Maryland Only" releases that don't get out. For example, I believe the Port Finished Rye was the last one.

View attachment 1313035
I'm sure most distilleries have a few low production bottles that don't get distributed, but I've definitely seen some of the Reserve Series bottles on shelves in Texas. I can buy the Sherry finish right now at a SW Houston TW.

1713295744002.png

This is my longest dry spell, 9 days. The beautiful weather, and shitty work day is making hitting day 10 a challenge lol

Is that the one I brought up last year? I'll see what I can find for this season, and bring a bottle or 2 up.
Yep!

Doh!! Just realizing this was the sherry cask, not the Port. Either way it was very good, I was happy there was a little left over after the meet up. :)

Last edited:
Have you tried Powers John’s Lane 12yo, Matt?
I haven't seen the 12 year locally but its just officially been added to the "look harder" list. :)
Good call dude :tup: Digging through the bottom shelf at one of my locals, I found one. On sale for $55 too!

20240416_205418.jpg

20240416_205952.jpg

Powers John's Lane 12 year

Nose: sweet vanilla and honey up front, subtle earthy undertones of fruit, fresh mowed grass and pot still spices.

Palate: vanilla, pot still and baking spice notes are prominent up front, followed by mild red fruit and apricot, which quickly dries and the oak and pot still becomes more prevalent. Really interesting balance between the fruity fresh notes and barrel aging. Not very oily or viscous but it coats suprisingly well.

Finish: the oak and pot still notes hang on for quite some time, which again is surprising as this palate isn't overly forceful.

I would put this as a step below Yellow Spot, but certianly not a big step, especially considering it was almost half the price. Really solid bottle. :tup:

Good call dude :tup: Digging through the bottom shelf at one of my locals, I found one. On sale for $55 too!

View attachment 1313347

View attachment 1313351

Powers John's Lane 12 year

Nose: sweet vanilla and honey up front, subtle earthy undertones of fruit, fresh mowed grass and pot still spices.

Palate: vanilla, pot still and baking spice notes are prominent up front, followed by mild red fruit and apricot, which quickly dries and the oak and pot still becomes more prevalent. Really interesting balance between the fruity fresh notes and barrel aging. Not very oily or viscous but it coats suprisingly well.

Finish: the oak and pot still notes hang on for quite some time, which again is surprising as this palate isn't overly forceful.

I would put this as a step below Yellow Spot, but certianly not a big step, especially considering it was almost half the price. Really solid bottle. :tup:
Twins! I almost sent you a sample with the Spots.

IMG_9830.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom