Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (35 Viewers)

20240407_194037.jpg

My buddy has a business partner that brings bottles like this to tastings. He drops thousands on bottles and my "buddy" never invites me. I think his partner paid $1500 for his dusty OGD114. Should I unfriend him?
100% unfriend him

It just gets better and better as the bottle progresses. Glad to have several backups :)
Do you find the single barrel to be noticeably better than the standard cask strength? Been thinking about picking up one or the other. Price difference here is $72/$62.

Do you find the single barrel to be noticeably better than the standard cask strength? Been thinking about picking up one or the other. Price difference here is $72/$62.
Not sure, my Dad had given me the single barrel a while back (he had bought it down in Florida), I didn't realize it was a total wine single barrel until recently. I did grab a standard one too when stocking up last month to compare it, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

New glasses arrived today! Thanks @Irish for the heads up on the sale!
IMG_7165.jpeg
I’m still on the fence with this one. It just hasn’t opened up like most batches have after opening. I think this is pour 4 or 5 from the bottle and it still drinks hot and the spice covers up the typical sweetness I usually get from these. Back to time out you go :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Quite an emotional day today. We took my oldest to a follow-up campus visit to one of the colleges he got into, essentially confirming where all my whiskey money will be going for the next 4 years. ;) (So crazy proud of him). Upon returning home, we found our pooch of nealy 12 years.... just not right. After 4+ hours at the emergency vet, we unfortunately had to say goodbye. I've said this before on here several times - he was quite the asshole, but he was our asshole. He was a big part of our family and helped to raise our boys, we'll miss you Albus, here's to you buddy.

20240408_235839.jpg

20230611_110738.jpg

Quite an emotional day today. We took my oldest to a follow-up campus visit to one of the colleges he got into, essentially confirming where all my whiskey money will be going for the next 4 years. ;) (So crazy proud of him). Upon returning home, we found our pooch of nealy 12 years.... just not right. After 4+ hours at the emergency vet, we unfortunately had to say goodbye. I've said this before on here several times - he was quite the asshole, but he was our asshole. He was a big part of our family and helped to raise our boys, we'll miss you Albus, here's to you buddy.

View attachment 1307988

View attachment 1307994
I’m so sorry to hear this Matt. It’s never easy when those kind of decisions need to be made. It seems the more of an asshole they are, the more difficult it is to part with them. They’re family and friend all rolled up in one. I’ll raise my glass tonight in his honor. I’m hoping his memory will always bring joy to your heart!

I agree with this review on Eagle Rare and Old Forester. I haven't tried the others. For the price point at $45 Four Roses Single Barrel is > Eagle Rare to me. It's more complex, yet only Four Roses can be found on the shelf because Eagle is harder to get so everyone swoops up Eagle and posts on private FB groups about where they bought it. Gone in 2 hrs.

Last edited:
New release of Blackened rye the lightning coming out. I really liked the first batch, hopefully this one follows suit.

Screenshot_20240410_191902_Gmail.jpg

On a related note, I spied a Blackened Willett today for ~$160, which I think is fairly close to MSRP. Anyone try that? Maybe @krafticus ? Worth the price tag?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom