Official PCF Smoker and BBQ Thread (1 Viewer)

Nice day to be cooking outdoors.

2 prime briskets from Costco going on the Shirley Fabrication offset momentarily (plenty of trimmings for my canine companions). I injected them with Butcher BBQ solution yesterday and then trimmed and coated generously with Oakridge BBQ Black Ops this morning. Sadly, Oakridge shut down in December so I had to stock up on the rub which. am told has a shelf life of 2 years.

They will go on the smoker at around 300 degrees for ABOUT 2 hours until they have the color I am looking for, then get wrapped in butcher paper and stay on at that same temp for another 4 to 5 hours until they hit the target temp/doneness.

Enjoy your Sunday and your family today.

IMG_0960.jpeg

IMG_0962.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpeg
    IMG_0961.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 44
Nice day to be cooking outdoors.

2 prime briskets from Costco going on the Shirley Fabrication offset momentarily (plenty of trimmings for my canine companions). I injected them with Butcher BBQ solution yesterday and then trimmed and coated generously with Oakridge BBQ Black Ops this morning. Sadly, Oakridge shut down in December so I had to stock up on the rub which. am told has a shelf life of 2 years.

They will go on the smoker at around 300 degrees for ABOUT 2 hours until they have the color I am looking for, then get wrapped in butcher paper and stay on at that same temp for another 4 to 5 hours until they hit the target temp/doneness.

Enjoy your Sunday and your family today.

View attachment 1083797

View attachment 1083799
Finished product. Definitely worth the effort.

223A978C-DAF7-409E-8F5D-F7725A20AF89.jpeg

You guys are making me hungry. I’m going to need to roll some smoke soon.

Costco had beef ribs on sale for $8 (~25%) off per pack....I usually prefer full plate ribs (these were cross cut) but I couldn't pass em up. Can't want to demolish them later.

I need a new smoker. Just threw away my old Louisiana Grill (died). I didn’t like it all, temp swings were off the charts and meats were always inconsistent.
Thinking about getting a Smoke Daddy Pellet Pro like this?
IMG_1419.jpeg

I don’t really need this much space. I don’t really need the ability to grill/seer. I’m just looking for a good quality smoker that won’t break the bank. I don’t want a Traeger, RecTeq or Camp Chef. If I had $3k to spend I’d end up with a Lone Star Grill or something similar?
Anyone have one of these?
Thanks in advance!

So I ended up ordering a Grilla Grills Silverbac with Wi-Fi . I couldn’t say no to the price with their Memorial Day sale and I found an extra coupon code that worked. Got the grill, cover, grease bucket and front shelf for $882 with tax and free shipping.
Anyone else have one? Any suggestions/recommendations?
IMG_1422.jpeg

I would make sure to do a burn in, season it and do a biscuit test =)

I like a brand new paint brush, a pound of bacon, and a package of biscuits before I start.

Here’s some things I’ve cooked lately but forgot to post.

Lamb rack

IMG_9356.jpeg

Brisket tacos

IMG_9352.jpeg

IMG_9351.jpeg

From this leftover brisket. I was checking out at Costco when the gentleman ahead in line turned and looked at me after staring at the $135 brisket. He said, “Sir, that’s a fine slab of meat you got there.”

IMG_9293.jpeg

And finally smoked salmon. Meat church style with shrimp

IMG_3710.jpeg

Only got a pic of the finished product. Wings from yesterday. Some BBQ and also some with Italian seasoning tossed in caramelized onions.
6913F482-FA7D-4CFA-806E-725914D5179B.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom