Official PCF Smoker and BBQ Thread (1 Viewer)

Anyone else smoke something delicious over the past few days? I knew I had some family coming over, so I did a sort of pastrami-like brined brisket. It turned out even better than I hoped.

IMG_20200317_142822.jpg

Made some ribs on the Grilla yesterday, they turned out great. Might be the best ribs I’ve made to date.
camphoto_1804928587.jpeg
camphoto_1804928587.jpeg

i'm gonna need to see the inside of that thing.

how hot is hot?
I run the smoker at around 275 for the first 3 hours or so until I have a good bark set. Then I wrap in butcher paper and let the smoker run anywhere between 250 and 300 until the brisket probes well (somewhere between 197 and 208 or so) before pulling it off and letting it rest in a Cambro for a bit. Cook time generally runs 6 -7 hours total depending on the size of the brisket. This one came off just at 6.5 hours, but that was partially because my son failed to maintain the fire correctly, and allowed the temp to drop to below 250 for about 45 min.

I meant to take a photo after slicing, but was too busy stuffing my fat mouth. Here is a pic of the leftovers below. That brisket was one of three I cooked today, if I am firing up the smoker for one, I will usually load it up and distribute to friends who appreciate my efforts.

IMG_1713.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom