Official Hybrid GB 43mm & 39mm - Three Themes - Cash &Tournament (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or effect chip tricks.
!

oh it does. you wouldnt think so but the larger diameter takes some getting used to. i have heard this from numerous players. just a minor gripe at first but they get used to it.

I was not planning on ordering during the 1st round GB, but I put in a small order (175) of 43mm to help make the 10K target number.

And BTW I have both 39mm & 43mm from the BW GB. While the 43mm definitely have the better feel and handle, the 39mm aren't that much worse/different.

Reactions: 72o
. While the 43mm definitely have the better feel and handle, the 39mm aren't that much worse/different.

I'm not saying the 39mm are bad or anything. Just the 43s sound is what puts it over the top for me.

Tried to order last night and the site was down. Will try again later today.

oh it does. you wouldnt think so but the larger diameter takes some getting used to. i have heard this from numerous players. just a minor gripe at first but they get used to it.

Well, I think I'm pretty much the only one in my group who even knows how to shuffle let alone any other tricks, and I certainly won't be complaining haha!

Well, I think I'm pretty much the only one in my group who even knows how to shuffle let alone any other tricks, and I certainly won't be complaining haha!
Damn you v1pe...now I’M the tilted one about 43mm chips. I ordered none. All 39mm. Ugh.

I'm not getting any in this round (though they're on my hit list at higher prices, later), but FWIW... I think the 39mm chips are great, and my players and I love having two sizes at the cash games.

I keep the bulk of the chips (39mm) in conventional racks. I have one rack of oversized chips which I keep in the cash box (a cigar box); it's the Bank Rack. In my game, the Bank rank is twenty $100 chips in the middle, flanked by eighty $20 chips, for an extra $2600 in bank. If you do this with $25 chips, that's $3000 in bank.

I always allow rebuys to choose whether they want a banana with their rebuy (yellow $20), and about 2/3 prefer it that way - so I end up never needing all my $5 chips and still get yellows in play. Haven't had a hundo from that rack in regular play.

Having a large number of one size and a small number of the other size makes it easier to deal with storage for the "exception" chip size. Storage may be trickier if you make a tourney set with a lot of each size.

TL;DR: The 39mm chips are great, so are the 43mm chips, mixed sets are cool, and you really can work out if you want.

Even if you're already bought a set of 39mm, I suggest adding a small amount of 43mm top-end chips; I promise your players will love it.

GL, SAL!

PS: No, I didn't enter any chips in the quantity poll, knowing I wouldn't be able to buy this round.

Last edited:
I'm not getting any in this round (though they're on my hit list at higher prices, later), but FWIW... I think the 39mm chips are great, and my players and I love having two sizes at the cash games.

I keep the bulk of the chips (39mm) in conventional racks. I have one rack of oversized chips which I keep in the cash box (a cigar box); it's the Bank Rack. In my game, the Bank rank is twenty $100 chips in the middle, flanked by eighty $20 chips, for an extra $2600 in bank. If you do this with $25 chips, that's $3000 in bank.

I always allow rebuys to choose whether they want a banana with their rebuy (yellow $20), and about 2/3 prefer it that way - so I end up never needing all my $5 chips and still get yellows in play. Haven't had a hundo from that rack in regular play.

Having a large number of one size and a small number of the other side makes it easier to deal with the "exception" chip size. Storage may not be so perfect if you make a tourney set with a lot of each size.

TL;DR: The 39mm chips are great, so are the 43mm chips, mixed sets are cool, and you really can work out if you want.

Even if you're already bought a set of 39mm, I suggest adding a small amount of 43mm top-end chips; I promise your players will love it.

GL, SAL!

PS: No, I didn't enter any chips in the quantity poll, knowing I wouldn't be able to buy this round.

Pretty much what Ed said. But this comes from someone who used to play at Borgata and I really liked their idea of having all denoms up to $500 at 39mm and $500/$1K/$5K chips at 43mm. I have a small set of hybrid chips. everyone loves the 39mm and obviously LOVE the 43mm chips. But anytime I bring out the lower denom 43mm chips (I just have a few, not enough to replace all teh 39mm chips in the game), I get a mixed responses. Some like the all-43mm feel, some prefer the mix of 39/43mm. As always, it's a personal preference. But the 43mm chips are truly an awesome discovery, and I am likely to design/own a personal set at some point.

I am placing an order for some 43mm in the GB and will be back for more at a later date to get some more, unfortunately at a higher price.

Having a large number of one size and a small number of the other size makes it easier to deal with storage for the "exception" chip size. Storage may be trickier if you make a tourney set with a lot of each size.

GL, SAL!

Yeah for what its worth, I'm definitely in the mixed size camp as well. Having all chips larger than typical size would tilt me to no end. Reminds of the 36mm sets. I just couldn't do it. 39mm just feels right because that's what most other common sets are obviously. Now, having the largest denom use the larger diameter, now we are talking. It's what sets my BWalk set apart from others while not being a totally different sized set altogether. Not trying to sway anyone as we all have different tastes but I can sense some panic here and just wanted to lend my experience/thoughts.

Yeah for what its worth, I'm definitely in the mixed size camp as well. Having all chips larger than typical size would tilt me to no end. Reminds of the 36mm sets. I just couldn't do it. 39mm just feels right because that's what most other common sets are obviously. Now, having the largest denom use the larger diameter, now we are talking. It's what sets my BWalk set apart from others while not being a totally different sized set altogether. Not trying to sway anyone as we all have different tastes but I can sense some panic here and just wanted to lend my experience/thoughts.

Yeah, to each his own I guess. Personally I think having two different size chips in my stack would tilt me. I'm one who hates stacks that aren't 10 or 20 high and neatly organized in front of me.

PGIs 43mm racks fit these perfectly. Just buy 20 at a time (best price) and sell what you don't need. Or hold on to them for when you add on.
Do you have a link for the PGI racks? I can't seem to find it. I'm probably missing something obvious. I do know where to get Chipco 43mm racks but don't know how those are for these chips.

Ok guys,
Well, looks like there were some minds that changed and instead of the 43mm not making the goal now it's the 39mm that's just short of the 5k goal.

I'm really surprised that the 43mm turned around though. That was fantastic.

Anyways we're 220 chips short of 5k now on the 39mm chips now. lol.

Here are the new numbers:

----------------------------------------------------------------
CURRENT TOTALS (as of Oct 17th)

39mm
43mm - 11502
60mm - 16
Labels - 2300

Looks my switch of 1600 chips to 43mm got us over the hump! Hope someone steps up for the remaining 39mm chips there.

My Aquasino tournament set didn't sell so I have to pass. i was so looking forward to a set with personal labels. I wasn't part of the original poll totals.

Placed an order for the $500/$1K 43mm Mayfair Club chips. GL to everyone. If the experience of the last major GB from 2016 is any indication, there will be a lot of follow-up orders. And Sal, thanks again for all the work. Amazing effort.

Ok guys,
Well, looks like there were some minds that changed and instead of the 43mm not making the goal now it's the 39mm that's just short of the 5k goal.

I'm really surprised that the 43mm turned around though. That was fantastic.

Anyways we're 220 chips short of 5k now on the 39mm chips now. lol.

Here are the new numbers:

CURRENT TOTALS (as of Oct 17th)

39mm
43mm - 11502
60mm - 16
Labels - 2300

Was only going to order a 43mm set, but added a rack of 39mm fracs to my order, even though I don't need them. So we should be a little closer now.

Great News Everybody!

We made our goals! We had some folks that were involved in the polling drop out of the group buy but in the end it did work out. We actually surpassed the polling numbers on the 43mm chips.

I have to go through and set up all the artwork and verify the orders, get artwork approval on custom orders so I'm going to leave the GB open until I'm done. So if anyone is late there's still a little time.

I will be sending everyone digital artwork proofs.

Here are the nearly final numbers:

------------------------------------
TOTALS (as of Oct 18th)
------------------------------------

39mm
43mm - 12842
60mm - 23
Labels - 2300

Thanks everyone for a great group buy.

Is it over yet? PLEASE Sal, end it now...I keep sending you more orders. This has got to stop. For the sake of my wallet, for the sake of my marriage...consider closing the group buy this instant!

(Thanks again for a great group buy. Maybe I should add a tourney set? :sneaky:)

Is it over yet? PLEASE Sal, end it now...I keep sending you more orders. This has got to stop. For the sake of my wallet, for the sake of my marriage...consider closing the group buy this instant!

(Thanks again for a great group buy. Maybe I should add a tourney set? :sneaky:)

Tourney set?! Bring it on!. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

jk - we don't want to jeopardize your marriage. I'm closing it at midnight tonight. I should have all the artwork and setups done by then. (That is unless you keep sending me orders, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom