Official Hybrid GB 43mm & 39mm - Three Themes - Cash &Tournament (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had discussed doing sample runs but then we decided against it and everyone who responded agreed with the decision.

There are also far too many different designs for running samples that would suit everyone's needs (39mm and 43mm of each design: Tangiers/Mayfair Suits/Mayfair Liberty/Mayfair Lineart/Havana Room). We still have to run 25 of each denomination/design whether they are considered samples or a regular print run.

I wasn't part of that discussion, which is my own fault, so no worries there. However I'm not talking about samples of every design combo -- I'm only interested in a sample of each blank chip (as I said in my post.)

And as mentioned before we do sell samples of the Ascona and Everest hybrids if you want to order those.

Doesn't help me with the colors on the chips for this GB :)

Nonetheless I'm placing my order for ~1200 chips in a few minutes. Thanks for the opportunity!

Thanks for the update Sal. I'm okay with either option, although if @Gear is ordering 43mm chips that would put us awfully close to the 10k originally projected.

I just placed my order for 700 43mms. I'll add on to it at a later date. Thanks again Sal!

I too can up my order a bit if we're getting really close on the 43mm.

I wasn't part of that discussion, which is my own fault, so no worries there. However I'm not talking about samples of every design combo -- I'm only interested in a sample of each blank chip (as I said in my post.)

Thanks for the order Gear.
So I don't know if you still need a sample chip of each blank. As mentioned before some blanks did not even get chosen so they won't actually be printed. I'm sure we'll have extras of all the chips that do get printed. But I also do have the prototypes that were printed. If you are just trying to do color matching for labels then I can always send the prototypes but I will probably want to get them back so we could always arrange something like that.

-------------------------------------------

Today's orders put us really close to 10k at this point. We're 773 away from the goal. :cool:(y) :thumbsup::sneaky::)
Obviously I'm really excited about this. I will be keeping the links up until the end of the day tomorrow because we do have at least one late order coming in for the 39mm chips (counted in the totals already) so if we might make the 10k goal by the time I'm ready to submit the numbers and all the artwork tomorrow evening.

I'll obviously keep everyone informed.

----------------------------------------------------------------
CURRENT TOTALS (as of Oct 16th, 11:30 am PDT)
----------------------------------------------------------------

39mm
43mm - 9227
60mm - 13
Labels - 2300

Thanks for the order Gear.

Thanks for the opportunity! :)

So I don't know if you still need a sample chip of each blank. As mentioned before some blanks did not even get chosen so they won't actually be printed. I'm sure we'll have extras of all the chips that do get printed. But I also do have the prototypes that were printed. If you are just trying to do color matching for labels then I can always send the prototypes but I will probably want to get them back so we could always arrange something like that.

Good point, especially if not all styles get ordered/made. You are correct, I'm just planning ahead for colormatching :) I've learned that I should just order one of everything that comes along on PCF, because sooner or later someone wants a label for it, and it's easier if I have a sample ahead of time. However in this case it might be just as easy to worry about colormatching samples when the time comes :)

Thanks!

I have Paypal issues, so want to make sure I'll be able to pay my invoice once sent. I'm still planning to submit an order for ~500 39mm and 100 34mm chips.

I was/am considering making it all 43mm chips.

I have Paypal issues, so want to make sure I'll be able to pay my invoice once sent. I'm still planning to submit an order for ~500 39mm and 100 34mm chips.

Do ittt! From what I hear... The 43mm are superior in looks and handling ;)

I can accept your order through Square as well if you want to use that.

There are so many options for fund transfers nowadays. We can also use the Cash and Venmo apps on mobile.

Just send me an email and we can set up your order that way.

Today's orders put us really close to 10k at this point. We're 773 away from the goal. :cool:(y) :thumbsup::sneaky::)
Obviously I'm really excited about this. I will be keeping the links up until the end of the day tomorrow......

So new deadline for ordering is now 10/17/17 - 5PM?

I actually have some 43mm hybrids from the last group buy. They're pretty cool. I just don't know if I want an ALL oversized set.

I got a set of BWs 43mm tourney set. I was hesitate about it also but glad I did. I was weary of getting 2 39mm chips and 2 43mm chips. I don't remember who suggested to just make it all 43mm, but I am glad I listened to the advice.

I got a set of BWs 43mm tourney set. I was hesitate about it also but glad I did. I was weary of getting 2 39mm chips and 2 43mm chips. I don't remember who suggested to just make it all 43mm, but I am glad I listened to the advice.

@BGinGA was pretty adamant that the 43mm chips sound/feel better than the 39mm. His opinion of course, but a much more sophisticated one than mine, haha. It makes sense, with a larger surface area they ought to stack better at the very least.

Did you go 2-39, 2-43?

I’m tilting a little, because I was thinking of only doing one denom as a 43 in my set (the 5k chip is last one on the table)....ugh.

@BGinGA was pretty adamant that the 43mm chips sound/feel better than the 39mm. His opinion of course, but a much more sophisticated one than mine, haha. It makes sense, with a larger surface area they ought to stack better at the very least.

This was after he received his.

I think it was Tommy that suggested it before we even got the prototypes.

I also was lucky to get in on the BW group buy and picked up an all 43mm tourney set. For this group buy I wanted to go limit set. So, got a load of 39mm base chips and a couple hundred 43mm big chips. While I love love love the 43mm chips, it seemed to me that they could be a bit hard to have a couple racks or more on the table due to their larger size. Guess we'll see soon enough if it was a good call.

They feel different at first for sure. But you get used to them. No issues from the guys that have used them.

Except for one person who couldn't do his chip "tricks".

My regular group actually commented how much they liked the feel of the hybrid 43s in my BWLK set. And they never, ever complimented my mint Paulsons, BCCs, ASMs, etc. (shrug)

Hmm, now you guys have me wondering if I should contact Sal to change my 39mm base chips to 43mm...ugh thought I was done agonizing over the choices of this group buy.

I'll be putting in my order shortly (all 43mm chips). I ordered a mix of sizes during the first BW buy. Won't make that mistake again. :(
Cash or tourney? If you were ordering a limit set would you go all 43mm? Lot of chips on the table at once...

Just so you guys know, I've already sent a note to Sal to see if he could accommodate a change if I go that way. Still thinking...

Frankly I've never handled a 43mm chip but... At only an extra 4mm DIA I can't imagine that they take up that much extra space as the table... Or effect chip tricks.

We shall see I guess :D

PS, Sal accommodated my request for color change, I'm stoked to get these chips in hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom