Official Home Game Pics Thread! (54 Viewers)

More pics
Here you go!

Double board pineapple.

That’s me away to google “double board pineapple”. So much for making a productive start to the working week... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I was trying to introduce new games to players who think that poker=Hold’em. They bucked at O8 at first, but pineapple was close enough to HE for them to relax a bit. After an orbit of double board pineapple, they began to loosen up and enjoy it. We ended with about 10 hands of SOHE, and that went pretty well.

I had to refuse to switch to NLHE a couple times, but I promised next time we’d play it. :)

I was trying to introduce new games to players who think that poker=Hold’em. They bucked at O8 at first, but pineapple was close enough to HE for them to relax a bit. After an orbit of double board pineapple, they began to loosen up and enjoy it. We ended with about 10 hands of SOHE, and that went pretty well.

I had to refuse to switch to NLHE a couple times, but I promised next time we’d play it. :)
Baby Steps.
My guys were the same way and we have still never got to PLO8.

My crew actually don’t mind play Omaha hi-lo we won’t play it pot limit because we don’t want to end it in 15 minutes.
We play Hilo at .50/$1 and it works well. Both Omaha and 7 stud. Now I’m itching to play some 8 game!

I really should consider picking one up for my meet up. I don't really "love" dogs. The meet up is already getting expensive. I'll just have a few dogs at @ChaosRock place when I play there
Average layout for a meetup... well, it's not cheap. Excluding cleanup, you are looking at beer, cards (I threw out 6 decks after one day), food, commems, trophies, and then the extras you buy because you typically don't host that many people (toilet paper, towels,paper plates, napkins, etc.)...

I'd say it has been considerably cheaper to drive to an airport, pay for parking, fly, get a AirBnB for 4 nights and Uber than it has been to host - and I only hosted the smallest of the 4 days.

On the plus side, a successful meetup gains far more sponsors for future meetups... but I think it wasn't until S@P V that @Mr Tree even came close to 100% sponsorship.

Average layout for a meetup... well, it's not cheap. Excluding cleanup, you are looking at beer, cards (I threw out 6 decks after one day), food, commems, trophies, and then the extras you buy because you typically don't host that many people (toilet paper, towels,paper plates, napkins, etc.)...

I'd say it has been considerably cheaper to drive to an airport, pay for parking, fly, get a AirBnB for 4 nights and Uber than it has been to host - and I only hosted the smallest of the 4 days.

On the plus side, a successful meetup gains far more sponsors for future meetups... but I think it wasn't until S@P V that @Mr Tree even came close to 100% sponsorship.

I'm not worried about "sponsorships". Especially as long as people don't expect it to be as extravagant as someone like @Mr Tree or @Jeff I will have some beer (not a dozen cases lol), definitely a few bottles of bourbon, snacks, blah blah blah.............

@Tommy and @TheChipRoom along with some other members donated a few fun prizes to be handed out. Were going to bullshit, play a lot of cards, eat well, and have a fucking blast. That is my game plan!

Still :( that you and the lovely @Mrs Poker Zombie are missing the festivities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom