Official Home Game Pics Thread! (110 Viewers)

We may get a little crazy.

C619B784-E088-4E58-9483-ABA7C2A074E1.jpeg

3102C7D4-60AC-4917-80BB-1DDB3C37C6D0.jpeg

My drunken picture last night from the local golf course. Using @Boother36 old Soprano and Blue Chip set that I have probably played more poker on than anything else in my life, I would bet the same is true for him too. We started a Friday night golf league there back in 1996 and have been playing poker there ever since. We play a lot of crazy shit and many of the guys I have known 30-40 years or more, good times! Oh yeah, we also use paper cards!

View attachment 289060
My drunken picture last night from the local golf course. Using @Boother36 old Soprano and Blue Chip set that I have probably played more poker on than anything else in my life, I would bet the same is true for him too. We started a Friday night golf league there back in 1996 and have been playing poker there ever since. We play a lot of crazy shit and many of the guys I have known 30-40 years or more, good times! Oh yeah, we also use paper cards!

Well that was more poker that I played last night, or this weekend :(

Had a nearly full table of eight last night for the usual .25/.50 NLHE game. Started off fairly normally, but once the action players arrived and began drinking, it turned into something closer to an insane 1/2 game.

IMG_20190517_225211.jpg

Raises pre went from the usual $1.50-$3 to $8-12, and $30-40 3bets were not uncommon. By the end of the night we had seven players left and 15-16 buyins on the table. I happily got a barrel of watermelons in play, which seems to be happening more regularly these days. (Wish I'd gotten a better picture.)

IMG_20190518_012801.jpg

Two of my players crushed it and split the evening's profits. I broke even to the dollar (in for $200, out for $200), and everybody else went home with empty pockets and smiles.

Want to get me out of bed fast? My wife knows how: tell me she sent the kids to the basement when she knows my chips are still on the table.

View attachment 289091
Can’t blame the kids! Those things are beautiful.

You could have them behind an electric fence with a big sign that says “don’t touch “ and I’d still have to swat my own hand away from those gorgeous chips.

Might ask for your input in a few years btw.

Do you ever just get so damn excited about the chips you're about to put on the table???
I always buy in for the maximum, in order to have more of my chips on the table (and encourage others to do so) even if it's strategically wrong (i.e. against a bunch of better players).
The fetishist pleasure of lots of nice chips on a nice felt ranks way above the risk of losing money. Money should be spent somehow, anyway:D

I always buy in for the maximum, in order to have more of my chips on the table (and encourage others to do so) even if it's strategically wrong (i.e. against a bunch of better players).
The fetishist pleasure of lots of nice chips on a nice felt ranks way above the risk of losing money. Money should be spent somehow, anyway:D
Now I want to host you at my game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom