Official Home Game Pics Thread! (46 Viewers)

Early going. Lost the very first hand of the night, playing Hold'em, flop a straight and flush draw with J 10HH make the flush on the river and of course the board pairs and I lose to quad 9's.

IMG_3470.JPG

Thanks!

Yes it is. @Johnny5 designed it for me several years ago. It is to go with the PCA set with the stars in the betting line. I chose to keep the middle plain so it wouldn't be too loud or distracting from seeing the pot.

yeah chairs and table both look really sexy. Classy and you can tell its quality without being too loud. A+

I've played at Rhodeman's. I can tell you, my ass never got sore while going broke.

Hahahahaha :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: that is about as good a compliment as I can ask for!!!

Like the frog in the pot, not realizing it should have jumped out a long time ago! :cool:

This was pretty good review left by one of my friends last night. :LOL: :laugh::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

IMG_3475.PNG

Haha great name....unforgettable experience the first time you pitch a tent in sweatpants while in middle school gym class and can't figure out a way to hide it.

Insurance: Scotchguard is wonderful. I have seen zero loss of dealing efficiency on my any of my tables. I have one surface that is speedcloth, one that is velveteen, and one that is moleskin (think suede).

Prevention: Cupholders. I prefer slide-under so each player can place them exactly where they want, but opinions vary. Some prefer side carts to hold drinks. Again, opinions vary, but the idea is the same - take some action to prevent spills from happening. My seating cards specify "No food at the tables". Drinks are less worrisome than a spaghetti or a mustard stain. I make a variety of kick-ass chicken wings. I never make them for poker night because I don't want greasy fingers at the table. Once, someone else brought a wing platter to share. I broke out a large box of handy-wipes. Mrs Zombie offered the box to every player. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Plan:
I am always stunned by the number of hosts that do not plan for the eventual spill when they allow drinking at their table. We keep two lint-free towels in our room for instant access if a spill occurs. They are in reach of the table, so nobody even has to really get up. I might not even need the Scotchguard because the spill is getting mopped up just as quickly as it hit the table. Don't wait for a glass of wine to be spilled, then try to figure out where the closest towel is that won't get you linched by your wife because you used it to sop up a glass of Shiraz. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Acceptance:
The worst and best thing that happens to a new car is it's first ding/chip/scratch. After that, the rest don't really matter. Someday, someone will get a stain past the Insurance/Prevention/Plan defense. It could be day one, but it will most likely be far down the road, when you have become complacent and less vigil. You may even be ready for a new table.

In addition, we don't allow wine glasses during poker. We go "Italian" style and everyone is expected to shift to highball or old fashioned glass, if not drinking beer from a bottle or can.

We hosted last night - pretty ideal number of 18 with two full tables. PZ made his classic KGB Burgers. The group contributed tasty sides and desserts.

2017-09-23 18.11.43.jpg

2017-09-23 18.21.00.jpg

2017-09-23 18.20.51.jpg

As the evening wore on, we lost a player to the theater seats.

2017-09-23 23.29.46.jpg

When we got down the the payout group, we had two players dedicated dealing.

2017-09-23 23.30.03.jpg

2017-09-23 23.41.44.jpg

Lastly, appears all the lights outside encouraged a "local" to see what he could catch. Fortunately, those are the back stairs and no one uses those (at least not to go home).
2017-09-24 00.28.26.jpg

Last edited:
We hosted last night - pretty ideal number of 18 with two full tables. PZ made his classic KGB Burgers. The group contributed tasty sides and desserts.

View attachment 123155
View attachment 123156
View attachment 123157

View attachment 123158

View attachment 123159
View attachment 123160

Lastly, appears all the lights outside encouraged the a local to see what he could catch. Fortunately, those are the back stairs and no one uses those (at least not to go home).
View attachment 123164

Reminds me of this old Far Side cartoon

IMG_9795.jpg

This was a fun tourney that @WedgeRock hosted. We used @Azcat new tourney chips. They are as nice in person as they look online.

This was a 30 dollar unlimited rebuy tourney with a slow structure. I went into it planning on treating it like a cash game. That is exactly what I did. I had a total of 4 buy ins for 120 bucks. I ended up taking 4th place which conveniently paid out 120. I got to play poker all night, hang out with some great people, and all for free :)

View attachment 123155
View attachment 123156
View attachment 123157

View attachment 123158

View attachment 123159
View attachment 123160

Lastly, appears all the lights outside encouraged a "local" to see what he could catch. Fortunately, those are the back stairs and no one uses those (at least not to go home).
View attachment 123164

Food looks great @Poker Zombie & @Mrs Poker Zombie, as always. I went the easy route and ordered pizza, but I did make a double batch of pineapple salsa and got some good feedback on.

Trying out the mixed game dice for tonight's .25/.50 mixed game

View attachment 122478

View attachment 122479

Been thinking about this... What about two regular dice and a board as to what game you play with each roll?

You could either put more popular games on a roll of 7, or you could space out the distribution so every game has a relatively equal chance of hitting.

Or you could print out @abby99's cards and just turn them over, wash them, and draw a random game...

How was your experience with the dice, @k9dr?

Been thinking about this... What about two regular dice and a board as to what game you play with each roll?

You could either put more popular games on a roll of 7, or you could space out the distribution so every game has a relatively equal chance of hitting.

Or you could print out @abby99's cards and just turn them over, wash them, and draw a random game...

We ended up not using them that night as a few players weren't comfortable with all the games.

Or try Top Pair's Game Wheel. Uncheck the games you don't want to include and give it a spin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom