Official Home Game Pics Thread! (65 Viewers)

A few posts back someone mentioned a spill at their first game using a new setup. This is kind of my fear. right now I have a cheap $150 table topper. I like the look and idea of getting a nice table however my concern is spills. I prefer to use a cheap table and not worry about it. If I have a nice table worth $1,500 I will be kinda pissed if someone spills beer on it.... thoughts?

Solution

You can always put signs up

Unknown.png
+Unknown.jpeg +Unknown-1.png +Unknown-1.jpeg

Or in Spanish

Unknown.png +Unknown-2.jpeg +Unknown-3.jpeg

Closed-cell table foam combined with treated speed-cloth and marine vinyl rails = #spillswipeupcleanandeasy. No issues whatsoever, even with careless drunkards.

A few posts back someone mentioned a spill at their first game using a new setup. This is kind of my fear. right now I have a cheap $150 table topper. I like the look and idea of getting a nice table however my concern is spills. I prefer to use a cheap table and not worry about it. If I have a nice table worth $1,500 I will be kinda pissed if someone spills beer on it.... thoughts?

Insurance: Scotchguard is wonderful. I have seen zero loss of dealing efficiency on my any of my tables. I have one surface that is speedcloth, one that is velveteen, and one that is moleskin (think suede).

Prevention: Cupholders. I prefer slide-under so each player can place them exactly where they want, but opinions vary. Some prefer side carts to hold drinks. Again, opinions vary, but the idea is the same - take some action to prevent spills from happening. My seating cards specify "No food at the tables". Drinks are less worrisome than a spaghetti or a mustard stain. I make a variety of kick-ass chicken wings. I never make them for poker night because I don't want greasy fingers at the table. Once, someone else brought a wing platter to share. I broke out a large box of handy-wipes. Mrs Zombie offered the box to every player. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Plan:
I am always stunned by the number of hosts that do not plan for the eventual spill when they allow drinking at their table. We keep two lint-free towels in our room for instant access if a spill occurs. They are in reach of the table, so nobody even has to really get up. I might not even need the Scotchguard because the spill is getting mopped up just as quickly as it hit the table. Don't wait for a glass of wine to be spilled, then try to figure out where the closest towel is that won't get you linched by your wife because you used it to sop up a glass of Shiraz. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

Acceptance:
The worst and best thing that happens to a new car is it's first ding/chip/scratch. After that, the rest don't really matter. Someday, someone will get a stain past the Insurance/Prevention/Plan defense. It could be day one, but it will most likely be far down the road, when you have become complacent and less vigil. You may even be ready for a new table.

Plan: I am always stunned by the number of hosts that do not plan for the eventual spill when they allow drinking at their table. We keep two lint-free towels in our room for instant access if a spill occurs. They are in reach of the table, so nobody even has to really get up. I might not even need the Scotchguard because the spill is getting mopped up just as quickly as it hit the table. Don't wait for a glass of wine to be spilled, then try to figure out where the closest towel is that won't get you linched by your wife because you used it to sop up a glass of Shiraz. Hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

(y) :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the feedback!

Food is not really a concern as we usually take a break for dinner and don't have much food at the table. At the most a cold slice of pizza and most people are reasonable.

It is natural that shit will indeed happen as the night wears on and people are 3-4 drinks in. I assume any good table I get will have cup holders (good suggestion).

Also true that the first spill will probably be annoying and then after that it will just be normal life.... Time to start saving up I guess!

Great time last night at @ruskba's birthday tourney!! Never played with these BCCs before, and I must say I think they are pretty damn awesome!!! Love the weight and feel!! Seem heavier than the other BCCs I've handled (or maybe I'm just crazy).

Took 2nd with 5 bounty chips... lost heads up to a busted flush draw (we both flopped 4 clubs), hit the straight on the river... I had the low-end to his high-end... and I had the higher club that didn't get to the flush. Oh well!

Thanks, @ruskba! You run a tight ship!!!

View attachment 98524

View attachment 98525

View attachment 98526

View attachment 98527

View attachment 98528

Wow. Beautiful chips. Great to see them in play. Damn, do I miss em. :unsure:

Last edited:
The custom die makes me think of the cool customizeable dice that Lego created for their board games. You could have a bunch of tiles with stickers of different games on them, and then build your own custom game die for the night with 6 tiles of your choice. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check this out:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Creationary-Game-Replace-Die-Dice-from-set-3844-/182392127181

They roll really well too.

I'm making one for @nitzilla.

All six sides will say "NLHE."

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 72o

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom