Official Home Game Pics Thread! (51 Viewers)

Why did the WSOP start up in the first place? They attract players to a tournament, people bust, and they inevitably play cash after where the real money can be made!

I have no data on this, but my feeling is that the typical WSOP buy-in ($1000+) is much greater than a typical cash game buy-in.

I wasn't questioning a cash game following the tournament, I was baffled by the idea that you would play a home tourney (usually 4+ hours) for a shot of winning less than your cash game buy-in. Schmendrick however answered the question, and makes perfect sence.

CA894E66-02C9-4A5E-B483-C0A2E6EFA2CF.jpeg

Great game last night to conclude Season 8. Many PCF'ers qualified for extra tournament starting chips. @kenny @pokerplayingpisces @CaptainCranium @Moonpie in attendance.

12 players total with a prize pool of roughly over $1,300. Le Cove in play and Mummers outfits in full force in honor of Jason Kelce and the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles!!
20180914_180039.jpg
20180914_180053.jpg
20180914_180102.jpg
20180914_201119.jpg
20180914_214024.jpg
Screenshot_2018-09-15-02-31-32.png

@CaptainCranium takes 1st congrats!!
Some pictures of the action. Great times!!
Kelce Breakfast.jpg

Last edited:
Great game last night to conclude Season 8. Many PCF'ers qualified for extra tournament starting chips. @kenny @pokerplayingpisces @CaptainCranium @Moonpie in attendance.

12 players total with a prize pool of roughly over $1,300. Le Cove in play and Mummers outfits in full force in honor of Jason Kelce and the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles!!View attachment 200887View attachment 200888View attachment 200889View attachment 200890View attachment 200891View attachment 200894

@CaptainCranium takes 1st congrats!!
Some pictures of the action. Great times!!

Great times, as always Kyle! Some closeups of the Le Coves! Man, I love these chips!
D308C73E-9B8A-4791-A08E-57AE91086F2C.jpeg
D83AA143-FE02-4387-8363-518782465281.jpeg
7DB20C26-6AA8-4A86-910E-967A209752A7.jpeg
2B3531C7-21EA-462C-B519-17D01CC57153.jpeg
4180F95A-AF84-4DFC-8DCF-EE9C90D1F47D.jpeg
4C10B55B-FE83-4D88-B5CF-370C8354E5D2.jpeg
7501F9C0-1245-428C-93F7-58D21353AB8B.jpeg
1A01BCF0-BF3E-49E3-ACA6-62523C703A34.jpeg

and .25 single blind PLO
That sounds very interesting, for taming a social home game.
What about playing just everything PL pre-flop (and NL post-flop) with just a single (big) blind?
Any potential downside from having just one blind?

That sounds very interesting, for taming a social home game.
What about playing just everything PL pre-flop (and NL post-flop) with just a single (big) blind?
Any potential downside from having just one blind?

Never an issue with single blind in my group. We do .25 NLHE in post tourney cash games sometimes with $10-40 buyins to get non-cash players who bust out early to join us.

.25 PLO slows the growth of the pot somewhat, but we still hit the $20 per player cap on the turn most times. Next time we play I may increase it to $30-35 and see how that goes.

I've never played PL pre NL post, though I've watched it a few times on TV.

Played a new 25c/50c home game tonight. Asked the host if I could bring chips, I thought he said yes but maybe I misunderstood . . .

I brought my Cancuns but he was too excited about the chips he just bought today so used those instead:

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Note: this is a $60 starting stack.

$25 chip = 25c
$50 chip = 50c
$1 chip = $1
$5 chip = $5
$100 chip = $10

I really need to host my own game.

Played a new 25c/50c home game tonight. Asked the host if I could bring chips, I thought he said yes but maybe I misunderstood . . .

I brought my Cancuns but he was too excited about the chips he just bought today so used those instead:

View attachment 201821

$25 chip = 25c
$50 chip = 50c
$1 chip = $1
$5 chip = $5
$100 chip = $10

My god, that’s hilarious, particularly since the Mint set has a $.25, $.50 and $10 chip available.

View attachment 201821

$25 chip = 25c
$50 chip = 50c
$1 chip = $1
$5 chip = $5
$100 chip = $10

I want to judge this so badly and yet there was a time when I would have done something much like this.

View attachment 201821

$25 chip = 25c
$50 chip = 50c
$1 chip = $1
$5 chip = $5
$100 chip = $10

I come to Bellevue for work a couple times a year. For instance this week. I’d play in a home game for sure! I’ve been cleaned out by the regs at Snoqualmie enough times for my liking.

I want to judge this so badly and yet there was a time when I would have done something much like this.
Most of us have done some appalling things in the past, in regards to our set-ups, structures, etc.

But few of us were unwilling to listen once someone explained what was better. I'll never understand those that want to make their own mistakes.

Most of us have done some appalling things in the past, in regards to our set-ups, structures, etc.

But few of us were unwilling to listen once someone explained what was better. I'll never understand those that want to make their own mistakes.

I can tell you've never raised teenagers from that statement lol

View attachment 201821

$25 chip = 25c
$50 chip = 50c
$1 chip = $1
$5 chip = $5
$100 chip = $10

This makes me want to cry and scream and throw things out of windows. What is the point of denominations if you will still have to explain to everyone what the denominations are (and probably face even more confusion than if you use non-denoms)?

For the record, I have never hosted a game where I've used ridiculous substitute chip values like this. I'm pretty sure I've never even used a 2x chip. Maybe one time, a million years ago, running a STT using a set of non-denom dice chips. But I don't even think then. It's like a mortal sin to me.

(The Mint is not a bad set for a sluggo, though. Definitely a step up from dice chips. I actually own a set of 1,000 in quarters, $1s, $5s, and $25s.)

Love the look of The Mint chips, would be ecstatic if they were my first purchased set. Makes me happy to see others happy and I remember what it was like first falling into the poker/chip hobby/obsession.

I took down my first tourney in a while last night. Small crowd for the Tuesday weekly game (ten-handed, one table). I ran well early and took advantage of the super-loose play that occurs when stacks are deep.

About 90 minutes in, my nemesis shows up. Yes, I have a nemesis in this group. He's a super-aggro player who used to just shovel chips into other stacks when he started playing with us, but has improved significantly. He's extremly aggro, somewhat indifferent to position, very sticky with TP, and will usually fold to aggression when he misses completely. He loves to double me up in cash games when I can afford to be more patient, but in a somewhat turbo 4-hour tourney structure, it's hard to do much against him without the goods. He has run like God against me and most of the rest of the group the past few months.

Shortly after he shows up, I give him a chunk of my stack with flopped MPTK vs TPNK on a fairly dry board. He then stacks up like crazy as other players call his preflop raises with ATC, whiff the flop, then fold to his 100% cbets.

Eventually the goods come. In the span of five hands, I pick up AA, KK and QQ. All three hold up, and I get most of his stack. Another player finishes him off, and I'm left with three fit-or-fold players who don't adjust well in late game play. We play four-handed for quite a while, and I chip away at everybody until getting heads up with the best of the three and having roughly even stacks. Chips went back and forth until he called off most of his stack chasing a draw, then a couple hands later it was over.

No live stack shots unfortunately, but we played with my Caribbean Poker Classic set. Most of these chips are on indefinite loan to the regular host of this group, but I still have a few here:
IMG_20180919_124725.jpg

In my experience, the tourney is basically over at this point. These are the types of players who often make it pretty deep but never seem to take first.

Yep. The regular host of this tourney wasn't one of the final four last night, but he plays in a similar manner. He's getting really frustrated lately because he's been running badly a lot, and when he doesn't, his failure to adjust allows him to go somewhat deep but rarely win.

I'm thinking I need to spend a little time talking to him about late-game play and some other adjustments I think he can make. It's a $15 social game, so making him a better player is ++lifeEV.

View attachment 201821

$25 chip = 25c
$50 chip = 50c
$1 chip = $1
$5 chip = $5
$100 chip = $10

Need to get him a PCF Topper. ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom