Official Home Game Pics Thread! (46 Viewers)

Rivers are stupid.

I'm figuring I lost about $900 in pots ($600 to @mike32, $150 to Kris and $150 to @Boother36) in about 15 minutes. And all winning hands got there on the river.

To be fair, the $150 pot to Boother would have been a chop with Mike. So I guess I only lost $750 in 15 minutes... At 25¢/50¢.

I did have a good time with a good group of guys, got to bed before midnight (which is unheard of on poker night) and picked up a cool card cap from @detroitdad (thanks again, bud).

1,800 BBs lost?! Time to move up in stakes where they respect your raises!

I've read about that game long enough to know that they have more big swings than a playground for giants.

we were playing SOHE, PLO. and PLO8. Last night there seemed to be more, and bigger putts than normal. I was in for 100, out for 160. Only because I scooped the last three hands of SOHE.

PLO8 was not my friend last night :(

we were playing SOHE, PLO. and PLO8. Last night there seemed to be more, and bigger putts than normal. I was in for 100, out for 160. Only because I scooped the last three hands of SOHE.

PLO8 was not my friend last night :(
I won a little money early so I was probably calling more than I should have. Then I started getting lucky. Calling too much and getting lucky is a nice short term combination!

I hosted our weekly $15 NLHE tourney group last night, and we got a small .25/.50 game going afterward.

Took 3rd out of 12 in the tourney for a min-cash, and won the last (and largest) pot of the night in the cash game for a +180BB win. Thanks White Walker!

IMG_20180904_210105.jpg

IMG_20180904_214801.jpg

IMG_20180905_001433.jpg

Hosting again tonight, and I thought I'd do a little before and after to see just what kind of booze hounds I've got in my game.

Here's the before on beer/soda and whiskey. Also note that this is only what I've specifically bought for the game. Other bottles are available on my bar, and I expect some of my players to bring beer and/or liquor as well.

I used to buy more beer, but lately I've found that a few players always bring a six-pack, and demand for whiskey is usually higher than beer, so I've cut back in recent months.

IMG_20180907_155917.jpg

IMG_20180907_160053.jpg

Hosting again tonight, and I thought I'd do a little before and after to see just what kind of booze hounds I've got in my game.

Here's the before on beer/soda and whiskey. Also note that this is only what I've specifically bought for the game. Other bottles are available on my bar, and I expect some of my players to bring beer and/or liquor as well.

I used to buy more beer, but lately I've found that a few players always bring a six-pack, and demand for whiskey is usually higher than beer, so I've cut back in recent months.

View attachment 198433
View attachment 198434

Well, shit... I'd show up if I knew Buller 95 was on the bar.

...and I lived 600 miles closer

...and I didn't have to work tomorrow morning

All in all it was a good night. One no show but we still had eight players, and we played a mix of .25/50 NLHE, NL Pineapple, NL short deck HE, and .25 single blind PLO with a $20 cap.

Results for me were acceptable: in for $100, out for $422.

IMG_20180908_030327.jpg

Here are the "after" images of the bar. My whiskey wasn't hit too hard because two additional bottles showed up with my players. We killed a 750 of Bulleit Bourbon and put small dents in three other new bottles.

A couple of six-packs also arrived, so I think my fridge ended up with more beer than it started with:

IMG_20180908_032457.jpg

IMG_20180908_032359.jpg

Fun night last night - I just took some Advil

FABF3F72-E4D6-4D65-A436-E4388D301354.jpeg

Painful bust out for one guy
611280C7-E925-411C-9310-EA4177E39DA1.jpeg

I was doing pretty well at one poiint
F08A0B21-98F0-4253-AE42-AA758C654BA7.jpeg

Although the same asshat won again in the end
356C11B9-2895-4217-BAFF-A8EC89A3E48B.jpeg

And if you think 1700 chips is enough, it’s not - we had so many rebuys that I almost ran out of chips. I was down to the last rack at the end of the night

A shot from Saturday's game outside on my deck:

aft deck 2.jpg

I was hoping for a few more players, but we had a solid table of 8 great guys including @pokerplayingpisces @Kyle @nitzilla . The weather was great until the end when it thought about raining and the wind kicked up, so the final 3 had to move indoors. It was my first time trying the Blinds Are Up app, and it worked well by casting that and Pandora to my TV and outdoor speakers. Fun game, and it's always good to get the Samurai chips in play.

A shot from Saturday's game outside on my deck:

View attachment 199331

I was hoping for a few more players, but we had a solid table of 8 great guys including @pokerplayingpisces @Kyle @nitzilla . The weather was great until the end when it thought about raining and the wind kicked up, so the final 3 had to move indoors. It was my first time trying the Blinds Are Up app, and it worked well by casting that and Pandora to my TV and outdoor speakers. Fun game, and it's always good to get the Samurai chips in play.
And @CaptainCranium Looks like I'm telling a hell of a bullshit story.

Our regular Tuesday night host was out again this week, so I hosted my third game in eight days last night.

We started with the usual $15 tournament (CPS in play), 10 players and I busted sixth:

IMG_20180911_201836.jpg

Super-sick mid-tourney hand: AA vs KK vs QQ vs JT all-in preflop. AA had everybody covered and held up, busting 30% of the field in a single hand:

IMG_20180911_212534.jpg

We also had a nice little .25/.50 cash game after the tourney, and my streak continues. In for $100, out for $230:

IMG_20180912_005647.jpg

Our regular Tuesday night host was out again this week, so I hosted my third game in eight days last night.

We started with the usual $15 tournament (CPS in play), 10 players and I busted sixth:

View attachment 199860

Super-sick mid-tourney hand: AA vs KK vs QQ vs JT all-in preflop. AA had everybody covered and held up, busting 30% of the field in a single hand:

View attachment 199862

We also had a nice little .25/.50 cash game after the tourney, and my streak continues. In for $100, out for $230:

View attachment 199863

I always find it interesting when people will play a $15 tournament, but buy into a cash game for $100. Assuming it's not a superturbo/flip tourney, why waste the time saving the money when you are waiting to start burning through it?

I always find it interesting when people will play a $15 tournament, but buy into a cash game for $100. Assuming it's not a superturbo/flip tourney, why waste the time saving the money when you are waiting to start burning through it?

The $15 game is a league (stats tracking and recognition for "player of the year") which plays every Tuesday night, and it's a superset of the cash game players.

We had ten in the tourney last night but only seven in the cash game. Some Tuesdays there's no cash game at all.

Why did the WSOP start up in the first place? They attract players to a tournament, people bust, and they inevitably play cash after where the real money can be made!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom