Official Home Game Pics Thread! (129 Viewers)

Started teaching my boys hold'em while we were on vacation in Cape Cod last week. First hand had 6 preflop raises and plenty of trash talking, I guess they pay more attention to our games then I realized lol. Brought my travel chip set of old school nexgens with hogwild custom labels.

20180803_163626.jpg

Now I want to know... a cigar on a hot dog roller. Will it heat it up enough to release the flavor without stinking up the house with smoke?

Now I want to know... a cigar on a hot dog roller. Will it heat it up enough to release the flavor without stinking up the house with smoke?
Ha. A good way to start the cigar. Smoke is gone the next day. Play in basement with the windows open and the fan on. Great time.

Heated tobacco is the answer to all that. It's a scandal that, currently, people vaping heated tobacco are treated like smokers and sent to special smoking cages, where the stench of burnt paper by cigarette smokers is anyway strong enough not to allow you to enjoy your vape.

Starting stack for tonight's opener in the Iron Donkey Poker League -- 28 entrants at The Hitching Post.

View attachment 192480

Am I seeing something goofy? 10.5k starting stacks? I'm going to go do some searching to see if you've explained this in one of your other posts, as you're much more experienced in starting structures than I, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around it haha. My OCD isn't accepting a non round number starting stack.

Playing with the chips that I gave to my 13 year old as a little traveling set. He wanted to use his, so we did. (Most underrated chips ever imo, I'll explain in a different thread, later perhaps) 5 handed, me, the kid, and gf, then her pops and a friend of his. Goofy alternating blind structure cash game. Every 15 minutes, the blinds would alternate from .05/.10, to .15/.15, then back and forth.

One hand the kid was pot committed essentially, and the gf was on the big blind. I raised, kid called, she called. Flop came some junks. I thought I could bet them off of it, so I bet out, kid shoved all in for like .10cents more than my raise (I miss counted his stack to put him all in), the gf called. I got a bit scared because I thought she's go away at this point. Turn comes a 5h, she checks. She's known to only bet with the nuts, and check call down any draw, so i assume she has absolutely nothing. I bet about half the pot with an open ended straight flush draw....she calls. River comes, 6h for my straight flush.... She insta shoves all in....I smile...She says, 'ah F, I wanted anything but a heart on the River. End of game.
IMG_3067.jpg
fullsizeoutput_fa2.jpeg

Last edited:
Starting stack for tonight's opener in the Iron Donkey Poker League -- 28 entrants at The Hitching Post.

View attachment 192480
It was also the debut of the new Hitching Post hot dog roller with all the whistles, including bun warmer -- sitting in the bar, adjacent to table 3 (sorry, no pics). It was a big hit, but the ensuing conversation was hilarious once play got underway:

Table 3, player A: "Hey Tom, we're burning up back here. Can you turn the a/c down?"

Tom (table 1): "It's already on full cold".

Table 3, player B: "Can we turn off the bun warmer? It's pretty hot back here."

Table 2 player: "Man, you just can't please some people. Tom goes out of his way to cater to us and all you guys do is bitch."

Tom: "Some players like their buns warm."

Table 3, player C: "It's like playing at the 7-11."

Table 3, player D: "Yeah, somebody get me a Slushie to cool off."

Tom: "Table 3 is dead to me."

omg, the whole room was in stitches.... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

On a side note, the new Paymaster table is a incredible work of art. And as nice as it looks in pictures, it is simply jaw-dropping gorgeous in person. It is.... perfect. (y) :thumbsup:

Getting the new Majestic set into play. Quick T10k heads up with my son. Crippled him when he tried to represent a flush with 44, but I didn’t believe him, and my two pair was good
382797B2-05A2-42B8-AAE0-E756B27228A5.jpeg
86EA66A9-73DE-46F7-B020-7C0A4CA9B481.jpeg

After he lost, he said there’s no way I could beat him at Doorknob. He destroyed me. I’m starting to believe he made it up as he went.

(Doorknob is completely made up. But even though I was suspicious, he’s quick enough on his feet that I sort of believed him for a while. :D )

3D50E0AE-D62D-49D3-8A54-B77725091F86.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom