Nuclear-Proof Shipping Method! (1 Viewer)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
This is my normal chip shipping method (for anything of value). Figured I'd share:

Using a cookie rack to keep chips in line, while I shrink/wrap them.

IMG_1545.JPG

Take the shrink-wrapped rolls and use a padded envelope to secure groups of them together.
IMG_1547.JPG

Take a box (in this case a MFRB) and line it with HD table foam.
IMG_1548.JPG

Place the bundles of chips (in the padded mailer) in the middle. If need be, use peanuts or packing filler to make sure chips are immobile (firmly in place)
IMG_1549.JPG

Ensure there's no impact between any multiple layers of chips.
IMG_1550.JPG

Not shown, but take a capper layer of foam on the top, then tape until it's water/air tight :)

Righto, I'll try to be a more fair dinkum Aussie :)

Back on track, nice packing idea. I sent some minty Paulsons to CA a few weeks back, packed in cardboard chip boxes but was worried they'd move around a bit inside the box and possibly rub & mark each other or worse. Wrapping in this method would have been great. Thankfully, my chips arrived safely but next time I'll use this method :)

Don't forget:

Tape the hell out of the box, reinforcing all corners and edges. Even better if you cover entire box with packing tape. Tape tape tape!!

Gonna be airtight by the time I'm done!

Actually, in the US, those are called cooling racks, and the pans they're frequently used in are jelly roll pans.

No need to buy one! Should you have a baker in the house, a baguette pan works as well. Or a chip tray. Or the inside of a common chip case. Or a plastic tray from Fig Newtons. Or a guitar, with the D and G strings loosened. Be creative!

The one time I ever wanted to ship expensive chips and make absolutely sure they were safe, I cut nearest diameter pvc tubing to length, and put the stacks of chips inside, fastening the end caps with tape, not glue! That is almost literally bomb proof. Just don't try to carry them onto a plane...
:eek:

Those are cool Bill... However, $50 seems steep to ship 500 chips. But I like it for personal shipping/storage.

PK_MONBOX_S_EAGLE_TB-01-thumb.jpg

You can find them on eBay sometimes... I paid less than 10 for one and 17 for a second one.

I use them for storage as they stack well.

I have always stretch wrapped barrels when I send out chips. Never thought to use a rack like that to keep them straight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom