Not just poker chip labels... (1 Viewer)

Wifey

GEAR LABELS
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Did you know Gear can make stuff other than poker chip labels?

Here is a favorite of mine:

Custom U-Brew Labels.JPG

We have started buying beer by the 24L batch from the local U-Brew, and didn't like their generic labels.
Gear made some for us, that will survive batch after batch. These were made out of the same glossy vinyl your poker chip labels are made out of. (no laminate)

We are working on our third batch of beer, and none of the labels need replacing. Washing with dish detergent and sterilizing chemicals has not touched them as of yet. There are some scratches now, bottles rubbing together in their case did that, but nothing that necessitates replacement. If the labels were laminated, this wouldn't be an issue, but we wanted to experiment and see how much wear and tear the plain vinyl could take.

Just thought you might like to see what else Gear can do.

Keep an eye out for updates in this thread, to see the other cool things Gear is cooking up.

Printer/Cutter for the win...

Just change out the media and you get wall decals that won't harm paint when removed.

Wall Decal.JPG

This particular example is just the media cut to spec...
But it takes ink too, so the only limit is the width of the media. (18.5" of printable area)

We originally sprung for this media because a friend was looking at getting a life size decal of their nephew's favorite hockey player to put on his wall.
That fell through, so no picture :( but it's not like media goes bad.

So if you want a wall decal of your custom label...Gear can do that.

Just Sayin'... ;)

Here's a neat trick...

If you apply the same ink that goes on your vinyl labels, to a special type of media you get T Shirt transfers!
Here is a design by Gear's brother. How many geeks can tell me what this is from, and why Gear's brother had him make this?

TShirt - Mr Fusion.JPG

I will say, expect this to last about 15 or so washes before it starts cracking... (more if you don't put it in the dryer, less if it is intricate with lots of little pieces like the one pictured)
This stuff is better than the stuff you used to get in the 70's/80's but it still does not last like screen printing.

But...Unlike screen printing, you can get just one or two without having to buy 10 or 20.
Also unlike screen printing, this can do a photo, or a full colour file of your chip label. ;)

When we do a big tourney, I'm getting Gear to make a bubble prize.
A one of a kind T Shirt reminding them they almost made it to the money... :D

years back used to brew a ton of home beer, it was a blast

great reminder for other labels...(y) :thumbsup:

hmmm let me think

Love the bumper stickers. But I would constantly have to change them, as sets are always coming and going.

So we have a friend who likes to tinker.
He built his own electric motorcycle, and restores VW Westfalia vans as a hobby.

Another hobby is making yummy adult beverages. He loves the science behind it, and consuming the product.
Gear made the below labels over a year ago, and they have gotten hard use. There is some stringent scrubbing going on in between each batch.

Fermenter Labels.jpg

We also made him a private label for when he gifts his wares.
Gear got these in trade for some wonderfully tasty...stuff.
Drink Ticket Labels.JPG

IMG_6237.JPG

Did you know Gear can make stuff other than poker chip labels?

Here is a favorite of mine:

View attachment 31019

We have started buying beer by the 24L batch from the local U-Brew, and didn't like their generic labels.
Gear made some for us, that will survive batch after batch. These were made out of the same glossy vinyl your poker chip labels are made out of. (no laminate)

We are working on our third batch of beer, and none of the labels need replacing. Washing with dish detergent and sterilizing chemicals has not touched them as of yet. There are some scratches now, bottles rubbing together in their case did that, but nothing that necessitates replacement. If the labels were laminated, this wouldn't be an issue, but we wanted to experiment and see how much wear and tear the plain vinyl could take.

Just thought you might like to see what else Gear can do.

Keep an eye out for updates in this thread, to see the other cool things Gear is cooking up.

UPDATE:

We are now on our 6th batch of beer.

The labels have been through hot washes and transitions from refrigerator cold to room temp 6 times now.
Not a single label has needed replacing as of yet! (This is better performance than we had originally anticipated).
Not a single one of those narrow strips has come un-stuck.

There are way more scratches due to rubbing...next time we will laminate, but man these things are taking a beating!
I will snap a picture tomorrow and post

As promised.
No peeling through wide temperature ranges.
Full on scrub washed and then sanitized in between each batch.
Lamination will eliminate the scratching that can happen from bottles rubbing against one another, or taking in and out of equipment.
IMG_6767.JPG
IMG_6766.JPG

In theory, there ins't really a limit to the length, but in practice, there is. It depends somewhat on what you're printing, i.e. one monolith vs. 1500 small things, and whether/how the outline needs to be cut. You can send me a PM or email if you have something specific in mind :)

If the width is limited to 18.5 inches is there a limit to the length? Say 65.5 inches?

In theory, there ins't really a limit to the length, but in practice, there is. It depends somewhat on what you're printing, i.e. one monolith vs. 1500 small things, and whether/how the outline needs to be cut. You can send me a PM or email if you have something specific in mind :)

I have to imagine it's someone around 5'5" tall that Fathead doesn't have in stock :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom