Non Acetone Nail Polish Remover (1 Viewer)

Hairy_Crocodile

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey all,

Wondering if this stuff is too powerful, and what brands work best for you all. It seems like this stuff is slightly dissolving the chips, butni cant tell. Ar what point should I be concerned?

These chips are beat to heck and back so it is hard to tell how much its dissolving, if at all

Attachments

• 20210302_182224.jpg
    20210302_182224.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 20210302_182232.jpg
    20210302_182232.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 164
The second picture looks like the labels might come off without the NANPR at all.

Trust me, they wont. I have been trying for 3 hours to get them off before I bought the nail polish remover

I'm stopping the use of this NA NPR, I think its actually doing more harm than good

I'll switch to another brand

I use the Walgreens brand. Seems to do the trick for me. And I’ve left it sitting for a while depending on the chip.

Pretty sure it’s this, but the one I have is pink. First ingredient listed is water.

1614736263133.jpeg

I used that exact same one worked great. Cutex with coconut oil. That’s funny I just killed 200 agua’s and didn’t use a drop. But on the tougher Hsi’s the label jumped off with a couple drops.

You’re pushing to hard. You need the scraper for the exact and just under the label flat. The tool slides right under.

So, does the NPR make the chips soft at all? Or rather, is it supposed to? Do they harden back up?
After putting the NPR on them, they seem a little softer than before.

The plastic labels came off easy, but the vinyl is kicking my butt on alot of them

So, some of these aguas look discolored from the nail polish remover.

I tried removing the inlay on a HCI $1 chip and it was painless. I'm wondering if it's just these specific chips that are giving me a hard time with all of these issues

Get a little mineral oil on them and they should restore nicely.

So, I started murdering San Isabel's, and the discoloration from the NPR hasnt gone away after oiling, some of the chips look lighter than others, even after cleaning, and then oiling. Others kept their origional color.

Hopefully the photo captures the difference, but it is very apparent in person.

Attachments

• 20210330_183845.jpg
    20210330_183845.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 98
Pretty sure it’s this, but the one I have is pink. First ingredient listed is water.

View attachment 647683
I use that brand too

So, I started murdering San Isabel's, and the discoloration from the NPR hasnt gone away after oiling, some of the chips look lighter than others, even after cleaning, and then oiling. Others kept their origional color.

Hopefully the photo captures the difference, but it is very apparent in person.

If it sits long it will discolor the chip
I Put it on a qtip and carefully dab on the sticker to never touch the chip
I had old leaded Paulson RH&C advertising chips I had to have some sit for over 15 mins to loosen it off
After it came off I immediately rinsed with water and wiped down with a microfiber cloth that was oiled
I used a eyebrow tweezer to peel the labels up

when I was applying the NPR if any at all touched the chip edge I’d rinse it off and wipe it off then start over

So basically, I have to let the chips sit with excess oil in the hope that it reverses the color change? In not sure what else to do.

I started using a glass dropper bottle for applying the remover, and it feels so much nicer than Q tips. I assume I just need to be more careful with the method as not to touch the rest of the chip with the remover

If you try out any solvent that starts to incorporate the colour into it after contact, or makes the chip feel very tacky on the surface, then *immediately* rinse off the chip thoroughly and don't use it again. These are sure signs that you're getting a chemical reaction that is weakening the integrity of the chip. Remember, there are lots of organic polymers as well as inorganic constituents, and things can even vary from chip colour to chip colour.

Don't soak the chip in solvent for too long. I prefer to layer on the NANPR with a plastic dropper four or five chips at a time. Once I remove one inlay and rinse, I prep a new chip and start working on a previously soaked one. This way I usually don't have anything sitting in solvent for more than a few minutes at a time. I do one side at a time until I've done a barrel, then flip them all over to do the other side.

I have no explanation why some chips would retain their colour and others appear more faded, unless they are exposed to longer or more concentrated solvent, or the faded chips are reacting to something that the non-faded chips are not.

After murder, chips must be thoroughly cleaned and dry before oiling.

I feel like the Walgreen's brand one was the worst offender making my chips feel tacky. Can you help chips that became tacky after NPR exposure?

I need to wash and oil the agua caliente chips again, they dont shuffle well after murdering still and kinda stick together in a way.

I dont have chips sitting in the NPR for long at all, but basically every chip I have done has had some sort of small issue while doing this part of the process

Basically, I put a drop or two of it using the dropper on a few chips at a time, remove the label, turn them over, do ot again, and then rinse them

Attachments

• 20210330_211815.jpg
    20210330_211815.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 66

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom