No Fooling - ABC Clearance Sale! (2 Viewers)

If whoever bought the cps chips wants to flip for a little profit pm me. Also if you have any more ... pick me pick me! I’ll dibs in advance if the price is in that ballpark, labelled or unlabelled.

Thanks for the mega-chips Gene, just finished up a bunch of my new coasters, worked out great!

coasters1.jpg

More info please.

Blank oversize chips from ABC + cork rounds to fit insert 2 3/4". The cork rounds I had didn't have adhesive so I used water resistant contact cement as to not ruin the cork. You could probably use some other types of spray adhesive as well or if you can find some cork rounds the correct size that already have adhesive on one side.

Blank oversize chips from ABC + cork rounds to fit insert 2 3/4". The cork rounds I had didn't have adhesive so I used water resistant contact cement as to not ruin the cork. You could probably use some other types of spray adhesive as well or if you can find some cork rounds the correct size that already have adhesive on one side.
I found some on eBay that are 1/16" thick. Is that what you used?

Hey Gene, Can I still get 10 of each color on those huge chips? Let me know.

Lightweight 100 chip capacity trays...need to make space! Selling in cases of 100 trays. Micrometer shows about 69.6mm at the bottom of the barrel and 70.0mm at the top edge.

$50, continental US shipping included. **NOTE: Because these are thin, you may receive a few that are broken during transit.
View attachment 666466

View attachment 666465
Are these still available? How much shipped to Canada?

These are interesting chips. They appear to be Spirit Mold edge spots (but different colors) on the same key mold that was used for 8Vs. Maybe the composition of the material is different than 8Vs though, because I know of no one who has had major breakage issues with 8Vs. I have a couple thousand, and I use them regularly. Many other PCFers use and love 8Vs. They are possibly (IMO) among the best china clay chips ever.

So maybe they are the same composition as Spirit mold. If so, I would expect that the two color chips (like your broken brown) will be much more crumbly and fragile than the three color chips. That was the case with Spirit mold. Have you moved forward with making a set out of the three color chips? I would love to see that if you did. And also, since I have a pretty big collection of as many different china clay chips as I can get a hold of, and I don't have any of these, I would love a sample set if you have any extras. PM me if you do.

Last edited:
Things to never ask Gene for again:

China Clay chips (except the brown and white 8V's that I kept)
Random sticker chips (of course nobody on PCF ever asks me for them anyway)
Unicorn Chips
Chipco Roulette Chips
Broken used-to-roll-before-it-got-destroyed-in-shipping-from-Florida-Toolbox

View attachment 676046
@cufflad

Looks like I was incorrect. He threw away everything EXCEPT the brown and white 8Vs.

I still like these key mold china clays. Big thanks to @joeyshin for hooking me up with some labels to try on them. I think the colors go really well. Going to label a small amount and get them into play this Friday night to see if I want to label them all. I broke two chips while oiling them, and also saw a good amount of crumbs from washing them, so we'll see if the crumbs on the table are too much for me. One big negative... these suckers are thick! 20 of them are the size of 21 other cheap chips. 20 of them don't even fit in cheap china racks.

Attachments

• IMG_20210519_171811616_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210519_171811616_HDR.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 181
I still like these key mold china clays. Big thanks to @joeyshin for hooking me up with some labels to try on them. I think the colors go really well. Going to label a small amount and get them into play this Friday night to see if I want to label them all. I broke two chips while oiling them, and also saw a good amount of crumbs from washing them, so we'll see if the crumbs on the table are too much for me. One big negative... these suckers are thick! 20 of them are the size of 21 other cheap chips. 20 of them don't even fit in cheap china racks.
Sounds like they are the same thickness as 8Vs which makes sense since they are the same mold. You need 71mm racks which are hard to come by. I went custom and ordered mine from @One Eyed Dollar

3D3P racks.jpg

Or these that can also be ordered in any size you like from @alecnetwoodworks

Cherry wood racks.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom