New Poker Chip Design Tool!! (3 Viewers)

Very very VERY well done. And thanks.

I'm just TapaTalking

Can the design tool handle transparency? Was loading a hot stamp design in PNG format with transparent background and it changed it to white.

Can the design tool handle transparency? Was loading a hot stamp design in PNG format with transparent background and it changed it to white.

We started off like that but had problems getting the inlay resizing and positioning to function without a solid background. As we don't make hot-stamped chips it wasn't considered important right now. I will make a note of it for the future.

We started off like that but had problems getting the inlay resizing and positioning to function without a solid background. As we don't make hot-stamped chips it wasn't considered important right now. I will make a note of it for the future.
Thanks just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Not a big deal

Not feasible. The holes for the spots would close up when they are repunched. Some of these patterns have to be made using 2 or 3 punches, hence some complex are possible and others are not.

No more of these?

image.jpg

Yeah definitely.

Just noticed something else.
The 3V123DS316's should be 3V123DS18.
As they are, you can see they would break during manufacture.

Correction - those are ok. The 18 spots would close up during manufacture but 316 would be ok.

Last edited:
The update is awesome, I can scroll through the edgespots now which makes it much easier for me being I don't know what any of those different number combos actually look like until I see them lol.

Great job!

The ability to cycle through spots using the arrows is a cool addition. Good work!

I finally got a look at the new tool using my ipad. It's real slick. Just a note though about the orientation of a couple molds. The Jockey and scroll molds are displayed upside down making them look convex rather than concave. It's not quite as noticable on the scroll, but it's a little distracting on the jockey.

I finally got a look at the new tool using my ipad. It's real slick. Just a note though about the orientation of a couple molds. The Jockey and scroll molds are displayed upside down making them look convex rather than concave. It's not quite as noticable on the scroll, but it's a little distracting on the jockey.

All molds are symmetrical. They do not have 'orientation'.

Being able to use the up and down arrows to look through the spots quickly on a chip would be nice as I don't know what any of the spots look like without actually click on each one in the drop down.

just wanted to say that i'm glad this was added. works great.

thanks, David, John and Tommy.

All molds are symmetrical. They do not have 'orientation'.

I think he's keying into the lighting. The drop shadow below the chip implies it's lit from above.

The shadows on the A-mold are consistent with the A's being impressions into the chip; the dark shadow edge is on top, and the lit edge is below.

The shadows on the Jockeys in the Jockey mold are inverted; the dark shadow edge is below, and the lit edge is above. If the jockeys are impressions into the chip, this is contradictory to the drop shadow of the chip. So it implies the Jockeys are raised bumps, not impressions.

Side-by-side:

Untitled.png

When these photos were taken, the A-Mold was lit from top left, while the Jockey was lit from bottom right... or else the Jockey image is upside-down.

Thanks for getting something back up and working. I assume all of the molds included are doable by CPC or are there still ones off limits? (Sorry if this has been asked already somewhere else...)

I think he's keying into the lighting. The drop shadow below the chip implies it's lit from above.

The shadows on the A-mold are consistent with the A's being impressions into the chip; the dark shadow edge is on top, and the lit edge is below.

The shadows on the Jockeys in the Jockey mold are inverted; the dark shadow edge is below, and the lit edge is above. If the jockeys are impressions into the chip, this is contradictory to the drop shadow of the chip. So it implies the Jockeys are raised bumps, not impressions.

Side-by-side:

View attachment 10116

When these photos were taken, the A-Mold was lit from top left, while the Jockey was lit from bottom right... or else the Jockey image is updside-down.

The problem i is that the a's look correct (as an indentation) but the jockeys look like they protrude from the chip

Side-by-side:

View attachment 10116

When these photos were taken, the A-Mold was lit from top left, while the Jockey was lit from bottom right... or else the Jockey image is upside-down.

There were all created from scans, not photos. If you look at all the molds, they all vary a little. IMO it is still pretty clear that all designs are impressions into the chip. The jockeys don't look like they protrude from the chip to me. Not sure it will appear any different if changed. I think it is because the recesses have curved shapes where the other molds are square and flat.

Thanks for getting something back up and working. I assume all of the molds included are doable by CPC or are there still ones off limits? (Sorry if this has been asked already somewhere else...)

All the ones included are available.

i'm sure all you guys see what you see, but i don't see it and i don't honestly know how much of a difference it could really make in mocking up chips.

Someone link to the blue/yellow dress and let's all debate what our vision shows us

I don't see a jockey. I see a guy skiing. :p

Or a snake with a cape :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom