New Poker Chip Design Tool!! (2 Viewers)

It's looking great David!!! Awesome to be able to see the combo spots!

One minor comment if I may: Is it all at possible to allow the use of up/down arrow for the spots menu? Sometimes we have the color combo in mind and just want to sort of scroll down with the arrows for a quick look at how the colors would look in other spot combos... Not a big deal, just wanted to throw it out there...

Regardless, a DAY to CELEBRATE!!! :)
L

That'd be helpful (although could be done through photoshop).
One option that I've always thought would be useful is a way to insert a chip from another denom into a stack to see how easy it is to spot dirty stacks. Is that something that others would like to see?

Would cost a fortune to do that. What is the advantage to CPC?

Definitely programmable. ^FYP.

The chip factory (CT and ASM versions) used white as the default spot color for all four spots, unless changed by the user during the session. For a two-color spot config, it would only display those two choices, but retain the other chosen spot colors for when a three- or four-spot config was selected.

The chip factory was
Happy customers.

How happy would they be if we increased prices by 10% just to pay for the tool? :)

I wouldn't discount the concept that a really good tool will help sales, potentially by a lot.

David, the tool is fine and good, but do you have one that will also produce warm chocolate chip cookies while I assemble my set?

I wouldn't discount the concept that a really good tool will help sales, potentially by a lot.

But the factory is at 100% capacity right now anyway, so its hard to justify spending what would probably be the same amount again for the enhancements suggested in this thread, when it would be fair to say it would take 6 months worth of orders from the people that use the tool to pay for it.
Maybe in the future but not an option now.

Love it, well done. Sorry if I'm just not seeing it, but is there a way to save multiple chips to work on a set? I only seem to be able to work on one chip at a time.

EDIT - nevermind ... spend 20 minutes trying to figure it out, submit post, figure it out 2 seconds later. For those running into the same problem as me, just click on the chip you're working on. Carry on.

Looking forward to spending a lot of time at night messing around on it. Nice that I can use my iPad now and not just a laptop. Wife won't like it.

The chip factory (CT and ASM versions) used white as the default spot color for all four spots, unless changed by the user during the session. For a two-color spot config, it would only display those two choices, but retain the other chosen spot colors for when a three- or four-spot config was selected.

It is not quite as simple as the programming in the chip factory as for most patterns, that tool does not allow you to color each spot differently.
Also, a key point is that this is written in HTML5 which does not store data arrays in the same way as flash. We moved away from flash in order to make the tool more accessible on other devices.
I will of course note all the points made, but had other enhancements in mind first that would probably be more important at this stage.

The first thing of course is to make sure everything functions properly. It has had extensive testing but not every permutation would have been covered.

Actually, it does seem to retain that info as it is, so in that respect it is the same as the old tool, or am I missing something?

Looks great, but using Dayglo Colors as base will make your chips very light. I'm wondering if weighted Dayglo Colors are still available (or will be made available again in the future).

With the current dyestuffs, they cease being dayglo once you add the brass.

Glad to see this get released, I think people were doubting me when I told them it was really on the horizon. Well worth the wait, can't wait to re-do my Poseidon's Palace concept for custom chips. Now just gotta win that $3,500 seat into the WPT Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood FL tourney (and bink it) so I can get that set of my dreams

Actually, it does seem to retain that info as it is, so in that respect it is the same as the old tool, or am I missing something?

David, I haven't had a chance to play around with the new tool yet (and probably won't until Sunday). I was merely responding to the feasibility to program those features (ability to recall previously selected colors) into a tool. If you say the new tool can do so, that's good enough for me. Should also make adding an up/down arrow for the spots menu easier (ChaosRock suggestion), which is what sparked the discussion -- a feature that I do/did/will find extremely useful (and frequently used) for the reasons he specified.

Thanks again for the new tool (profusely), and your willingness to listen to us chip nerds on all issues chip-related. Looking forward to thoroughly checking it out after S@P, although Tom will probably have it up on a dedicated wide-screen TV at his place for visitor's use. :cool:

David, I haven't had a chance to play around with the new tool yet (and probably won't until Sunday). I was merely responding to the feasibility to program those features (ability to recall previously selected colors) into a tool. If you say the new tool can do so, that's good enough for me. Should also make adding an up/down arrow for the spots menu easier (ChaosRock suggestion), which is what sparked the discussion -- a feature that I do/did/will find extremely useful (and frequently used) for the reasons he specified.

Thanks again for the new tool (profusely), and your willingness to listen to us chip nerds on all issues chip-related. Looking forward to thoroughly checking it out after S@P, although Tom will probably have it up on a dedicated wide-screen TV at his place for visitor's use. :cool:

I guess that because I am used to using the tool to key in specific requirements that someone has given me, flipping through the spots is not something I tend to do. So until I went back and looked I hadn't realised it retained the info in switching say from 8 spots, to 2, to 4 and back to 8. Hopefully just the arrows wont be a big deal.

although Tom will probably have it up on a dedicated wide-screen TV at his place for visitor's use.

That is actually a great idea. Bust out of the tourney, go play with the chip tool! :D

Awesome work on the new tool David!

Will information on the new spot config levels be available in the future? Really loving the 314318 and variations...

Awesome work on the new tool David!

Will information on the new spot config levels be available in the future? Really loving the 314318 and variations...

Possibly, but it's not straightforward on the complex ones as they might be dependent on how many colors are used.
For example the 314318 you mention could differ by 4 levels depending on if you have 6 spots the same color or all different. We havn't even priced them all accurately ourselves yet.

Beautiful job, guys. I can only imagine the amount of time I will waste with this!

Looks great! I'm looking to put together an order in the next couple months. Can't wait to play around :)

Good bye spare time.

Some interesting spot combos added. Surprised no 414ds18 spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom