New Poker Chip Design Tool!! (1 Viewer)

I prefer Redbelly spot :)

Also David love how easy it is to use on my iPhone and how easy it is to load inlays.

Very happy we have a design tool to use. Brings ideas to life and makes it much easier to assist new members to the site with their ideas.

Working with J5 on some ideas for a DCS5 commemorative chip.

cc_dcs5_5.jpg

Holy flippin' moly.

I'm waiting for the person who designs a edge spot pattern that is some complex that it comes out looking like a solid chip.

Thanks for the hard work that went into the new design tool.

Built a 2 color 1/4 pie, in full-screen mode. Used the tool to rotate the spots clockwise, endlessly. Next thing I knew, 45 minutes had gone by, and my wallet was empty.

Very happy we have a design tool to use. Brings ideas to life and makes it much easier to assist new members to the site with their ideas.

Working with J5 on some ideas for a DCS5 commemorative chip.

View attachment 9630

courage, always with the brown chipes!!

I'm loving the new UI. I much prefer it to the old version. Good work David, PCF and J5!

Would cost a fortune to do that. What is the advantage to CPC?
Happy customers.
How happy would they be if we increased prices by 10% just to pay for the tool? :)
I wouldn't discount the concept that a really good tool will help sales, potentially by a lot.
But the factory is at 100% capacity right now anyway, so its hard to justify spending what would probably be the same amount again for the enhancements suggested in this thread, when it would be fair to say it would take 6 months worth of orders from the people that use the tool to pay for it.
Maybe in the future but not an option now.

I'm glad business is good enough that you're at 100% capacity, but I'm confused about your question then about what the advantage would be to CPC. If enhancing the program for customer satisfaction isn't enough of an advantage due to the fact that you're already at 100%, then what is the advantage of having it at all? Maybe the answer is that it eliminates ambiguity in orders. Ease of use helps that, and adding customer satisfaction is just another win for the company.

Whatever the reason, a project like this should be viewed as a work in progress. There will always need to be fixes, updates, and enhancements. Just keep note of how the users are using the program and what they and the company really want out of it. The next time you have the programmer on your dime you consider what to add, change or delete. Glitches, useability issues and minor fixes can be addressed rather quickly, but maybe some big items don't get added until the next major rework, I think people can understand that.

So yes, naturally, maybe in the future. Maybe never, they're just ideas.

Great tool! However, there seems to be a problem using it on an iPad. Its not possible to scroll down to choose the last few inlay shapes on the list. If you add inlay artwork, you lose additional inlay shape choises.

There is no way that the program will be able to (for cost-effective coding) compete with the limitless imaginations and creativity of a rabid fan base like PCF. I love the tool, but psychotic spot combos like the "Redbelly" or my "Chocolate-Chip Chip" are just always going to push the limits of
  1. What CPC is willing to spend
  2. What programmers are willing to do, and
  3. Davids mental stability to deal with 1 and 2
Seriously, I'd rather have sex with a hornet's nest than deal with a programmer on an artistic project.

I just wish the solid hot stamped chips were close to the prices in the old days (.50 a chip). .85 is out of my price range. Otherwise, I'd be all over this damn chip design tool. Very impressive!!!

I'm already having to rethink my MD-50 cash set in light of all the new options! :)

Are there a couple of spots still to be added, or is this a true reflection of what's currently available?

Apologies if anyone can't retrieve saved sets or uploaded images but there were some things that had to be upgraded in the tool. Just something we have to live with in the early stages.

I'm already having to rethink my MD-50 cash set in light of all the new options! :)

Are there a couple of spots still to be added, or is this a true reflection of what's currently available?

No, there are no more to add. Please be aware though that certain complex patterns may be problematical for us so check with us first.

I just wish the solid hot stamped chips were close to the prices in the old days (.50 a chip). .85 is out of my price range. Otherwise, I'd be all over this damn chip design tool. Very impressive!!!

We have not made hot-stamped chips for years. .85 is the price for a blank solid. If we could make them, hot stamped would be no cheaper than inlaid.

Great tool! However, there seems to be a problem using it on an iPad. Its not possible to scroll down to choose the last few inlay shapes on the list. If you add inlay artwork, you lose additional inlay shape choises.

Works fine with latest ios for sure. Possible you are not allowing it to load fully before starting to use it.

Apologies if anyone can't retrieve saved sets or uploaded images but there were some things that had to be upgraded in the tool. Just something we have to live with in the early stages.

PS - this shouldn't happen with future updates, the directory structure had to be altered this one time.

Good bye spare time.

Some interesting spot combos added. Surprised no 414ds18 spot.

Not feasible. The holes for the spots would close up when they are repunched. Some of these patterns have to be made using 2 or 3 punches, hence some complex are possible and others are not.

We have not made hot-stamped chips for years. .85 is the price for a blank solid. If we could make them, hot stamped would be no cheaper than inlaid.

Its been a few years since I ordered. Great chips, but I got'em when they were a little cheaper is all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom