New Paulson Project (1 Viewer)

apac22-jpg.154362

@justsomedude likes that denom font. He tells me that all the time. ;)

Let's see someone more creative than me make a black label concept! (y) :thumbsup:

So far the options look too similar to the PCF and Tophat chips imo.

I really liked the simplicity of the original design. Some comments so far that I agree with:

1. not promotional. (no apache logo, e.g.).
2. no text other than the denomination.
3. darker or matching inlay color.
4. both sides the same.
5. simple, minimalist.

I really liked the simplicity of the original design. Some comments so far that I agree with:

1. not promotional. (no apache logo, e.g.).
2. no text other than the denomination.
3. darker or matching inlay color.
4. both sides the same.
5. simple, minimalist.

#1 might be tricky, thought not impossible, since these are literally intended to be promotional chips.
#2 see #1

I’ll grow out some Suggestions / Ideas:

-I also loved the simple clean design of the Top Hat. I would think we are mostly looking for something similar.

- Old West theme: sheriff badge, crossed revolvers, cowboy hat,

- Nautical Theme: simple Anchor splashing in water, Lighthouse with seagulls, Simple old school tattoo style ship crashing in the waves

Regardless of the theme/design used, I would strongly suggest some kind of color matching inlay, even if the color matching is a gradient. Because all the spot colors are the same, and because the inlay will be Giant, the pots will be extremely hard to discern if an inlay of the same color (doesn't matter which) is used across the board. My 2¢.

Regardless of the theme/design used, I would strongly suggest some kind of color matching inlay, even if the color matching is a gradient. Because all the spot colors are the same, and because the inlay will be Giant, the pots will be extremely hard to discern if an inlay of the same color (doesn't matter which) is used across the board. My 2¢.
this

That's a great point. At least some portion of the outside diameter should color match.

How about a horseshoe in place of the top hat . . . plus a color-matching gradient inlay.

Or something akin to the palm tree on this beautiful chip:

palmas.jpg

Imagine this with a larger palm tree, larger denomation, no text, colored inlay.

Maybe a Donkey type of theme? For all you donks out there. Maybe think about the Donkwoods set for inspiration. Of course don’t infringe on the design...

I've been working on a theme for a while but haven't had the time or money to put this in motion for custom chips. It's my homage towards my favorite chips and the great sport of baseball, which kind of would work with "world series" words added to the chip.
I was going to buy some of these Apache group buy and just place labels over these. But if I can share with the PCF community plus get these as inlays instead of labels would be fantastic. The inlay shapes and colors kind of go hand in hand. This would be a nice set for Cash or Tourney.
Briod_Idea.jpg

Are the inlays oversized? Being the extremely limited colors and white only edge spots, the inlay could possibly be used to incorporate another color to the chip. Almost like a BJ style?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom