New feature added (terms, abbreviations, acronyms info) (2 Viewers)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
To help new members who are getting into the hobby understand the terms, abbreviations, and acronyms that we use on a daily basis, I've added tooltips (hover) and links to the glossary for them. I've done about 20 so far and will be adding more over the next day or so.

Some examples:

Most prefer THC chips over RHC chips.

PNY chips are awesome!

term-tooltips.jpg

Fantastic new feature! Couple ideas…

First, would it be possible to distinguish these hover elements from regular hyperlinks? I know these are already in bold compared to regular links which are not bold by default (though someone could always hyperlink bolded text), but maybe a completely different style.

(I assume a manual hyperlink using a term that would otherwise trigger this feature would override and work as the user intended?)

I’ve seen sites use dotted/dashed underlines to denote hoverable text (can’t find an example now). Or use a little tooltip icon (like a question mark in a circle) next to the word.

Second, since hover doesn’t work on mobile and lots of people are on mobile, I’ve seen sites that have hoverable info trigger the hover behavior on a single tap when on mobile.

I recognize these suggestions are easier said than done. This feature even as-is will be very helpful to the members, so a great addition to the site!

Fantastic new feature! Couple ideas…

First, would it be possible to distinguish these hover elements from regular hyperlinks? I know these are already in bold compared to regular links which are not bold by default (though someone could always hyperlink bolded text), but maybe a completely different style.

(I assume a manual hyperlink using a term that would otherwise trigger this feature would override and work as the user intended?)

I’ve seen sites use dotted/dashed underlines to denote hoverable text (can’t find an example now). Or use a little tooltip icon (like a question mark in a circle) next to the word.

Second, since hover doesn’t work on mobile and lots of people are on mobile, I’ve seen sites that have hoverable info trigger the hover behavior on a single tap when on mobile.

I recognize these suggestions are easier said than done. This feature even as-is will be very helpful to the members, so a great addition to the site!
Great suggestions! Let me see what I can do.

This is an incredible feature, thanks @Tommy!

Not only for new chippers, but even for old farts like me who have been around for a while.

Should work now. Tested on Android at least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom