New China Club Tribute // Ceramic Cards Mold // Pr0n Thread (1 Viewer)

Favourite Chip?

• Salmon 25p

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Blue £1

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Standard Yellow £5

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Keno Queen Yellow £5

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Green £25

Votes: 5 10.9%

• Total voters

jr8719

Full House
Reaction score
I'm probably a little too tired to write a back story to these right now, so I'll just give you beauts what you've come to see: pr0n!

I am, however, happy to answer your questions, and will update this OP with a bit more context and info in due course.

Before the pr0n, I have to say a huge thanks to:

@SeanGecko for introducing me to these chips and persuading me (didn't take too much) to take the plunge. The only thing more impressive than the chips themselves, however, is Sean's willingness to help this community and be a great brother to so many of us — myself included. As we say in Wales, 'diolch o galon, brawd'.

@gopherblue for essentially inspiring this tribute set with his incredible collection of the original TRKs! Likewise, for all your patience and help in providing high quality scans (without which, these probably wouldn't have happened at all).

@timinater for your sheer talent and ability to nail the brief, each and every time! Lest we forget your patience and speed in dealing with my multiple rounds of amends and miniscule tweaks — it really is hugely appreciated.

Y'all really are huge assets to this community, meaning sample sets are coming your way — as well as a seat at my table and a sofa to surf, should you ever find yourselves in Cardiff (pretty unlikely, granted).

As for the rest of you? Well, you're all bloody brilliant, too! Mwynhewch / enjoy!

Family Shots

Picture_20200817_222449529_5687864472048-01.jpeg

IMG_20200817_222616-01.jpeg

IMG_20200817_222602-01.jpeg

Individual Shots

IMG_20200817_221721-01.jpeg

IMG_20200817_221642-01.jpeg

IMG_20200817_221655-01.jpeg

IMG_20200817_221708-01.jpeg

IMG_20200817_221732-01.jpeg

Splashed Pot Shots

IMG_20200818_002400.jpg

IMG_20200817_224214-01.jpeg

IMG_20200817_234348.jpg

IMG_20200817_234357.jpg

IMG_20200818_001124.jpg

Pretty tough to pick my favourite chip from the lineup, as they are all brilliantly unique. However, please vote for yours in the poll, as I'm very interested to see PCF's choice!

Last edited:
Nicely done! Stunner of a tribute set. I love them all, but you nailed the fivers.
Cheers dude — thanks once again for your help! The fivers are incredible, for sure; the yellow and grey are just perfect bedmates!

Last edited:
Congrats, these turned out fantastic! I'm gonna really regret not getting a modified China Club micro-stakes set.
Thank you, sir! Well, I'd be very surprised if another one of these cards mold GBs doesn't run again in the future, soooo...

Top man!! These are incredible! I really love that design.
Thank you — I'm over the moon! Just wish we were baller enough to have £100 chips in our game, as the orange and purple combo is going to look out of this world for those that are getting it as part of the GB.

You should still get them!! Maybe run a tourney with the 5/25/100's.

once again man, fantastic job. and thanks for the opportunity to piggyback on this artwork, mine are a bit different across the board (I used real dollar signs, for one lol) but I think it's cool there are going to be a bunch of (a few? not sure how many of us went with NCCs) sibling sets out in the wild. can't wait to have mine in hand. congrats!

Last edited:
Man, thanks for the kind words! Never say never about ending up in Cardiff. Will be in the UK again some time. Might end up in the UK during hockey season sometime...?

@gopherblue is the real MVP here and the reason why everyone with these is ending up with a crisp Keno Queen image in their sets.

They turned very nice !
The small details printed very nicely.
I thought that the chips had 2 different faces : one standard and one with the Keno Queen. I did not know that there were 2 different models.

Congratulations !

once again man, fantastic job. and thanks for the opportunity to piggyback on this artwork, mine are a bit different across the board (I used real dollar signs, for one lol) but I think it's cool there are going to be a bunch of (a few? not sure how many of us went with NCCs) sibling sets out in the wild. can't wait to have mine in hand. congrats!
Ahhhh, thanks, dude. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing the variety of people's different NCC sets. I'm chuffed that so many people wanted to piggyback on the design — they really are keepers and I know you're all going to love yours.

They came out so well. I hope my yellow is that vibrant!
The yellow looks even better in person, by the way! It has quickly become my favourite chip, I think. Having them in-hand, I'd rate my favourites as:

1st // Standard Yellow £5

2nd // Blue £1 (Truly incredible in person, just y'all wait and see for yourselves!)

3rd // Salmon 25p

4th // Green £25

5th // Keno Queen £5

Man, thanks for the kind words! Never say never about ending up in Cardiff. Will be in the UK again some time. Might end up in the UK during hockey season sometime...?

@gopherblue is the real MVP here and the reason why everyone with these is ending up with a crisp Keno Queen image in their sets.
Agreed, @gopherblue came up clutch, turning what was already a Straight Flush into a Royal Flush.

Wwww, yeah, for sure, that'd be grand. It is not the NHL over here, granted; but, sports wise, it's still the best night out — by far.

Hope you enjoyed your time away, and thanks once again for everything.

My set is coming. Can't wait!

all.jpg

I've never desired China Club anything, but the first time I saw the artwork and price on these, I was smitten. These are fantastic.

They turned very nice !
The small details printed very nicely.
I thought that the chips had 2 different faces : one standard and one with the Keno Queen. I did not know that there were 2 different models.

Congratulations !
Hahaha, yeah, in true Scrub Donkey fashion, I replicated the originals with separate Keno Queen and standard yellow chips. I really am astounded by the detail, for sure; should fill you all with confidence knowing that yours are going to turn out brilliantly, too, as these were pretty intricate in comparison to most.

My set is coming. Can't wait!

View attachment 515543

I've never desired China Club anything, but the first time I saw the artwork and price on these, I was smitten. These are fantastic.
For anyone with NCCs: holidays are coming, holidays are coming!

AllIdioticAlabamamapturtle-size_restricted.gif

Hard to pick my fave from your lineup, but I can tell you right now that the red 10c and pink 50c are going to be pure fire! The white inlay and edge spots (off-white?) on the latter are going to contrast and pop to the point you'll need sunglasses.

i did do this for my $5s, but $5s only. so everything $5 and below is text, but also everything $5 and above is keno queen. why? *shrug* guess i'm a sucker for a good transition.

The yellow looks even better in person, by the way! It has quickly become my favourite chip, I think. Having them in-hand, I'd rate my favourites as:

1st // Standard Yellow £5

2nd // Blue £1 (Truly incredible in person, just y'all wait and see for yourselves!)

3rd // Salmon 25p

4th // Green £25

5th // Keno Queen £5

Glad to hear the fiver is your favorite, as I ordered 800 of them for a limit set (even though I have never hosted a game of limit, lol) but they just looked so, so nice. And I've been a huge fan of @gopherblue legit set for a long time, so this was a great opportunity. Hope the $100s come out as nice, as I got 3 racks of those as well :D :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom