Need another pandemic hobby (1 Viewer)

I’m going to second the pinball recommendation but with a twist: restoring old EM Pinball machines.

They’re basically simple computers using mechanical switches for the ones and zeros. Difficult to master how to track down issues but because everything is physical, everything is solvable with time and effort. So satisfying when you bring one back to life with a few key bends of metal!

RV is on netflix now. Some good life lessons and RV funnies. Spent 3 months on the road this year with the family. Got to know myself and my family a little better. Met some amazing folks from all walks of life. "You want to learn something about yourself? Get in an RV with your family and just drive."

learn to juggle
learn to ride a unicycle
After learning to ride the unicycle, juggle on that bitch

learn to master the sax-a-boom
if those are too hard, then ball in a cup is at least 20 minutes of entertainment

getting good at throwing knives or axes is really fun (seriously)

or

how's your sword play? (less serious, but still curious)

walking a tight rope....sick fun (you start a few feet off the ground obv)

Buy blow dart guns and your dart game improves drastically in a fun way, YES, I have done this...super fun

Learn a new instrument.

IDK, the world is your oyster buddy. I hope you find something that suits you perfectly. Something that both motivates and challenges you. GL bro

edit: the post after mine here is SOLID GOLD

Last edited:
Brew beer. it's suprisingly affordable to get into brewing all grain beer. google BIAB, or spend a little extra and look at robobrew/brewzillla. use good ingredients and it'll be decent at worst. hone your recipies and you'll make great beer. and its cheap. then you can put it on tap because "it's a time saver". then you have beer on tap in your poker room. I used to build furniture and smaller woodworking projects, I only need so many end tables. a hobby that's consumable is always a good bet

learn to juggle
learn to ride a unicycle
After learning to ride the unicycle, juggle on that bitch

learn to master the sax-a-boom
if those are too hard, then ball in a cup is at least 20 minutes of entertainment

+1 for learning to juggle. It's easier than most people think. In one afternoon of practicing, you can get a decent 3-ball cascade going. I recommend learning with bean bags. Bean bags don't bounce and roll away from you when you drop them, and they're easier to catch in your hand.

I used to juggle quite a bit. I met up with a local juggling group every Saturday in the park. Club passing (those bowling pin-looking things) was the most fun.

I even had a juggling & poker website at one time. It was most likely the world's only juggling & poker website, therefore the world's best juggling & poker website.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom