Need another pandemic hobby (1 Viewer)

Amen. Onions go on everything. Red onions even better. Not raw, tho.

I made a french onion soup a couple of weeks ago. Fantastic. I used 2 pounds of red onions and 2 pounds of white onions. Jake and Colleen said I can make this soup as often as I want lol. Next time I'm making my own beef broth and homemade croutons.

I need something to keep me occupied while the pandemic continues to drag on. I have pretty much burned myself out playing online poker. I was playing 6-7 nights per week for months. I will still play, but I am going to aim for 2 nights per week.

I have already designed and ordered a custom CPC set, a ceramic limit set with plaques.

My alcohol tolerance is as high as it has even been (not @CraigT78 or @detroitdad level, I hope o_O) so I need a better distraction!

So what else is everyone doing to pass time?

I have started to read more again so if you have any book suggestions I am open to them
I have 9 thousand pounds of stone pavers that are refusing to lay themselves. Let me know if you have any stone whisperer experience. I pay in alcohol. :)

20201211_131203.jpg

PINBALL! The ultimate hobby! :tup:

View attachment 599773
This guy Sterns!

Let's see what I can spot from left to right, hard with the backglass glare.

Woah Nelly: Big Juicy Melons
Batman 66
?
? Guardians of the galaxy maybe?
Stern Wars
Black Knight: swords of rage
Jurassic Park
Tron
Game Of Thrones
Ghostbusters
Walking Dead
?
Jackbot
Willy Wonka?

PINBALL! The ultimate hobby! :tup:

View attachment 599773

This guy Sterns!

Batman 66
?
Stern Wars
Jurassic Park
Tron
Game Of Thrones
Ghostbusters
Walking Dead
?
Jackbot
Willy Wonka?
The room is not complete without Medieval Madness. :rolleyes:

Fish keeping. We have just got a small tank established, and are planning a much bigger one in the next few months. Definitely a money sink though

Was going to be my suggestion, too. But I've at least started recouping costs by selling plant trimmings and breeding fish, so there can be some return.

Go buy a model car and put it together. Super low cost of entry so if you don’t like it you’ve lit maybe $60 on fire. A little bit of paint, glue etc and you’re up and running.

I find it pretty zen when I can find the time, and satisfying to put together.

Tamiya kits are incredibly detailed, and really well made so they are easier to assemble than the big box store brands. Find this all at a hobby shop.

Attachments

• 5A1CFDE9-C78F-4458-801D-126CB041F2A2.jpeg
    5A1CFDE9-C78F-4458-801D-126CB041F2A2.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 46
  • 6E7EC4A8-CF79-4E85-BE9A-489D3A3F9FAB.jpeg
    6E7EC4A8-CF79-4E85-BE9A-489D3A3F9FAB.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 5A4C1312-A1DC-4BED-B2FF-19BCF4DC702B.jpeg
    5A4C1312-A1DC-4BED-B2FF-19BCF4DC702B.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 6B8EC096-883E-4030-9C6D-7D3DB8057984.jpeg
    6B8EC096-883E-4030-9C6D-7D3DB8057984.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 98412C55-2DC3-47F1-B21C-649610D4720E.jpeg
    98412C55-2DC3-47F1-B21C-649610D4720E.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 50
Do you ever host pinball tournaments?

Next time I visit nh I think a pinball/poker combo tournament is in order :D

Yes, I do host pinball tournaments (IFPA certified) and I host NEPL weekly league nights. Of course it all came to a grinding halt with covid. The last event was the NH State Championships back in January (it was featured on the local ABC news). I've also been on the tv show NH Chronicle about my home arcade.

Poker tourneys are ready to go as well. I have enough for 24 players (or up to 27 if I get the extra Matsui's that I need) :)

This guy Sterns!

Batman 66
?
Stern Wars
Jurassic Park
Tron
Game Of Thrones
Ghostbusters
Walking Dead
?
Jackbot
Willy Wonka?

Lineup has changed since the pic was taken

Big Juicy Melons, Alien Poker, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Sorcerer, Robocop, Batman 66, Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, Stern Star Wars, Black Knight SoR (with animatronic topper), Stern Jurassic Park, Stern TMNT, Elvira House of Horrors, Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, Tron (Limited Edition), Avatar, WWF Royal Rumble, Jackbot, and a Led Zepplin on order :)

Also used to be a candlepin bowling alley LOL

bowling.jpg

Last edited:
This may sound corny, but I picked up cross-stitching at the beginning of the quarantine. It gives me a relaxed, zen-like feeling. The repetitive action keeps your hands busy, but you don't have to think hard about it, you just follow a pattern. You can do it while watching TV or listening to music.

View attachment 599939

cool stuff. My wife got into last year and has really put a lot of time into it during the pandemic. She made me a baby Yoda I have in the poker room.

Lineup has changed since the pic was taken

Big Juicy Melons, Alien Poker, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Sorcerer, Robocop, Batman 66, Deadpool, Guardians of the Galaxy, Stern Star Wars, Black Knight SoR (with animatronic topper), Stern Jurassic Park, Stern TMNT, Elvira House of Horrors, Game of Thrones, Ghostbusters, Tron (Limited Edition), Avatar, WWF Royal Rumble, Jackbot, and a Led Zepplin on order :)

Also used to be a candlepin bowling alley LOL

View attachment 599971
So dope.

Never played Sorcerer. Love Robocop!

Didn't know they had a Led Zep machine coming out, makes sense. Stern has a love affair with classic rock bands that I don't mind at all :D

Dude, this is spectacular!!!!! Great work!
Thank you - honestly I really surprised myself at how well it turned out. Now my wife wants me to make her a dining table! Before this, my woodwork was limited to picture frames!

Very nice. Have you tried carving your own pieces? This took me about 2 years to complete.
I bet it took 2 years! A lathe is a whole other rabbit hole that I'm not touching with a barge pole!

Jack of all trades!!!
Have to look back at the benefit of this pandemic. More time at home has meant more time with the kids, more cooking, more time for hobbies like gardening and woodwork. I feel like I'm becoming a bit of a renaissance man.

Being a big LZ fan, it was an easy buy. I used to have the other music games : ACDC Premium, Kiss, Metallica, Aerosmith and the old GnR but they all got sold off to rotate the collection

View attachment 599994
Looks nice, hope it plays well.

Of those older ones I would rank them(by my enjoyment of the pinball not the music):
Aerosmith
Kiss
GNR
Metallica
ACDC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom