Need a Set? Grab a Set! (1 Viewer)

BarrieJ3

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I don't play poker often, and when I do I like to use a new set. I'd say of the last 40 times I've played poker, we've probably used at least 30+ different sets. Outside of Limit, it's rare the same set hits the table twice.

I would imagine most folks I know have chips that far exceed my own, but I don't want to assume that for all of em. So, in that vein, if someone I know wants to nab a set for a game just to get new chips on the table, or if some wants to test out RHCs or THCs or whatever for a year, just hit me up.

The only real rule is that you're responsible for the market price of the chips received. So just pay for shipping + insurance, I'll pay on the way back (or the next person can pay). If your neighbor breaks in and steals all your chips, or your house falls into a sinkhole, you owe me for the chips. Otherwise, enjoy!

Adolfo's not listed as they won't be available until mid July. I'll shoot you my phone number if you don't have it in the event I catch a PCF lifetime ban so we can reconnect whenever you decide your done with the chips. IG can support any game, Paris limited by 2 racks of $25s and 5 $100s, InPlays limited by 80 $1s.

IG
Paris
InPlays
Ceramic $2 Limit Set (Radisson)
RHC $2 Limit Set (Paris)
RHC $25 Limit Set (IG)

Summary of pictures/chips available here.

Last edited:
Cool idea and very generous. What is the value of your Radisson set? Might be handy my friends want to try limit. Just want to make sure I'm sinkhole ready.

Lol. Wrong thread

Last edited:
Cool idea and very generous. What is the value of your Radisson set? Might be handy my friends want to try limit. Just want to make sure I'm sinkhole ready.
Supes cheap. Lol prob the only one I'm not worried about. Limit is a ton of fun, my fav if I don't want to worry about money for the day.
I assuming it's a typo and not July 2024?

I am interested either way. I can wait a year :cool
Ah thanks! Fixed, mid September.

@ekricket in 99% of his posts: Kids suck these days. This place was the best. No one gets it anymore. This place has gone to crap. Where's the community? I remember when a man used to be a man, and a poker chip used to be a poker chip. Babies having babies, that's the crime here! I don't know what you people are posting about, but I don't like it!

Also @ekricket in response to a community first post:
1691292521452.png

@ekricket in 99% of his posts: Kids suck these days. This place was the best. No one gets it anymore. This place has gone to crap. Where's the community? I remember when a man used to be a man, and a poker chip used to be a poker chip. Babies having babies, that's the crime here! I don't know what you people are posting about, but I don't like it!
H
Also @ekricket in response to a community first post:
View attachment 1175548
Ok?

@BarrieJ3 in (since hyperbole has been activated) 99.9973% of his posts:

“What’s humor and how do you handle it social situations?”

It’s a joke. But you seem to be hung up on the agism thing. Go for it. Maybe you might be old one day.

Psssst, here’s a secret! Mine was a joke as well. You can be 90 or 20 and still be considered “old man yelling at clouds”.

I used a popular joke setup and also used a meme. That’s a popular photo with understood/implied connotation.

Good luck to you bud, hope you’re enjoying the meetup.
Oh, but mine was a joke in response to your joke about my joke. So who has to turn this to a big crap fest right in the middle of your own thread? It was a one word thing, you could ignore it or use one of the meaningful emoji’s, nothing big to it, just a little laugh to lighten up the thread and then be forgotten and move on.
But it has to be drama doesn’t it? What do you want out of this? Sorry I made a joke in your thread that had nothing to do with the age of anybody or anything?

Let’s move on…

Ok, so this is a super awesome and generous idea! But……How do you incentivize people to move the set to the next guy, instead of just being too “busy” to be bothered to send it on or reply to messages?

I truly think this is awesome. I would loan some of my favorite and most valued chips to trusted friends. But in the format being discussed, how do you get people to send the sets to the next person (or back to you)? Just trying to anticipate….

Let’s move on…

Ok, so this is a super awesome and generous idea! But……How do you incentivize people to move the set to the next guy, instead of just being too “busy” to be bothered to send it on or reply to messages?

I truly think this is awesome. I would loan some of my favorite and most valued chips to trusted friends. But in the format being discussed, how do you get people to send the sets to the next person (or back to you)? Just trying to anticipate….
Unfortunately this is not a theoretical problem. In the other loaner threads we've seen mysterious disappearances and unexplained delays.

There probably needs to be some enforcement mechanisms like deposits or access limits like post count or positive feedback.

Would love to get in touch with people from EU sharing sets

Ok?

@BarrieJ3 in (since hyperbole has been activated) 99.9973% of his posts:

“What’s humor and how do you handle it social situations?”

It’s a joke. But you seem to be hung up on the agism thing. Go for it. Maybe you might be old one day.
I lol'ed. It just took us 10 minutes to remember Poppins username.

There's really no way to ensure they keep moving. If you take collateral, it would help, but even then someone can just keep it because they "paid for it". https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...raveling-set-of-the-ya-ya-chipperhood.105036/

@BarrieJ3 is a cool guy, he's doing a cool thing, some asshole will eventually screw it up, but until then this is a pretty great thing to give back to the community.

Of course there's no certainty, but we can increase the chances of the sets remaining available if there's some more caution.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom