Nanuk 910 = 400 chip perfection (4 Viewers)

It's showing $28.90 on the US site. Have to pick the silver case with foam. The other colours don't seem to be on offer. I wanna jump on one but it doesn't ship to Singapore. :banghead:

Yeah it's still a chunk cheaper. More like $55 dollars after shipping and import duty. I'm gonna wait or spring for a color I want I think.

Boom!

Thanks everyone for the tips on this case, had placed them in my wish list and a flash sale for $36.75 popped up on Amazon and I managed to pick one up. Not a huge fan of the foam (hard to cut/pluck cleanly) but it's a perfect case for a travel set. Very lightweight and easy to carry for 600 chips & a setup.

nanuk-1.jpg

Hi, I'm looking for a case for 600 chip and like 2 card deck. It looks like it fits with those bud jones racks on the side. Anyone already tried with paulson racks on the side? I guess the case will be too small for that, or it will be hard to get the racks out with care without letting fall some chips.

Thanks

I have my Pelican loaded up with 1400 chips, and I can hardly lift it. I'm thinking I need to go to 2 x Nanuk cases instead.
These look perfect. Hopefully they'll have holidays sales coming up on these, current prices not so pretty.

I've done a search online but i don't see those Bud Jones chip boxes anywhere. Maybe since I'm new, I'm just doing the wrong search. What are they called and even if there aren't Bud Jones boxes available, what are they called so I can look into alternatives? I have a set of 650 Milanos that I'd like to protect since they're just in an acrylic birdcage (I think that's the right term) right now. Once I get the boxes, then I can possibly work on the Nanuk case. Looks awesome.

I’ve managed to get hold of more Bud Jones boxes but sadly not enough for all my sets. I have a couple of 400 chip sets so I’ve put Chipco racks on the bottom and then use half a Bud Jones box on the top. Works well - if you don’t have the top cover, the chips fall out.
1A648FF1-81CB-455A-B9FA-FBF49D128826.jpeg

1357EE69-C188-4208-BB9E-60E7B2E17E69.jpeg

And then for 43mm chips I’ve found that I can fit 6 matsui racks in without the middle layer of foam. The case is just a little too narrow for a 7th.
8C956EDD-AC45-4BF3-9458-AB3A34E88AD6.jpeg

Has anyone tried double stacking racks to fit 800 in this case? Doubled-up racks are 3.75" high and the case interior dimensions are (L x W x H): 13.2″ x 9.2″ x 4.1″

Might have to remove all foam or use some thin foam at top and/or bottom of case, but shouldn't 800 chips fit? Thanks.

Has anyone tried double stacking racks to fit 800 in this case? Doubled-up racks are 3.75" high and the case interior dimensions are (L x W x H): 13.2″ x 9.2″ x 4.1″

Might have to remove all foam or use some thin foam at top and/or bottom of case, but shouldn't 800 chips fit? Thanks.

You can also check out the Apache 3800 from Harbor Freight, it has a similar price point. I believe it has more depth.

And the answer is YES! Thanks Amazon one day delivery! I removed all the foam and placed a very thin foam cutout on both the top and bottom of the case. I was able to successfully store 800 chips with standard racks (4 across x 2 high) and still have room for two boxed decks of cards, a dealer button, blind buttons and a card protector.

No problem closing lid (just a little pressure) & nothing moves. Good to go.

Nanuk 910 800 Dunes.jpg
Nanuk 910 800 chips closed.jpg

Last edited:
That's great - I will have to try this myself!
This is a really helpful thread that you started. The case is just amazing and so flexible for holding chips. I will customize the foam that was included so I can re-insert it and carry a 400 chip configuration, when needed.

You might want to change the thread title to something like Nanuk 910 = 400 chip perfection, but can hold up to 800 chips!

I ordered mine from the Amazon Warehouse for $29 total (after Prime credit card discount) delivered - it came next day.

(Note: To test the fit, I used some thin foam, about 1/8" thick, that was used to protect a car exhaust during shipping.)

Last edited:
Too late for me to edit the title. But yeah, I'm in love with this case - it just keeps getting better and better! Almost all my chips now live in these cases, the only thing that I want to do is change colours on some of them so they can be told apart easily. The empty yellow is $42 and the olive with foam is 39 on Amazon... I'm tempted!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom