My Sticker Mule labeling experience (3 Viewers)

Ah, ok... The labels are BOPP but the stickers are vinyl:
Screenshot_20210705-100435.png

You definitely want the stickers (via sticker sheets) not labels.

Ahhhhhh I didnt see that.

So I actually want the stickers probably as opposed to labels then due to their thickness. I have been interchanging the terms like a dumb dumb and confusing myself :unsure:

Sorry for the confusion

I have been interchanging the terms like a dumb dumb and confusing myself :unsure:

Sorry for the confusion
No worries! I actually did the same myself, which is why I asked them to explain the difference.

Side thought: perhaps the labels could be an option for over labelling since they are so thin. Just thought I'd mention it for anyone else lurking.

Sorry if I missed this, but was the issue ever resolved as to whether they could do the stickers in 7/8ths of an inch diameter?

Sorry if I missed this, but was the issue ever resolved as to whether they could do the stickers in 7/8ths of an inch diameter?
Their website says no; that they can't do it reliably yet in quantity. However, I contacted them directly and they agreed to do 15/16" for me after their designers approved my artwork. They mentioned they would check each sheet visually for me.

... They're coming this week, so I'll report back here.

Last edited:
Their website says no; that they can't do it reliably yet in quantity. However, I contacted them directly and they agreed to do 15/16" for me after their designers approved my artwork. They mentioned they would check each sheet visually for me.

... They're coming this week, so I'll report back here.
What chips will those work for? I know milled chips have to be 7/8ths, and I thought murdered Paulsons (and several others) did too.

Does anyone else have the issue with their RHCs where the inlay space varies on each different chip?

Do you guys order labels all in one size? Or tailor each label to the different diameters of each chip?

It's not much, but I'd prefer not to have gaps from the replacement label because it may be slightly smaller than the original inlay

Does anyone else have the issue with their RHCs where the inlay space varies on each different chip?

Do you guys order labels all in one size? Or tailor each label to the different diameters of each chip?

It's not much, but I'd prefer not to have gaps from the replacement label because it may be slightly smaller than the original inlay
I thought this was a problem too... The size should be consistent, but it's not consistently centered. If you use calipers to measure it, you should see their are all the same.

I thought this was a problem too... The size should be consistent, but it's not consistently centered. If you use calipers to measure it, you should see their are all the same.
My calipers show differences from color to color, but I didnt know if the tolerance needed to be tight or not.

Did you just order 1" stickers?

You can see how much of a void is left in the inlay area with a perfect 1" circle. View attachment 732465
All of my RHC chips are 27 mm for the recessed area.

16256184123211569089628917271884.jpg

All of the gear labels I have are 26.76 mm. So even though the recessed area might not be centered, it's consistent across the chips even if it's a little bit to the left or right

Mine arrived! Pics to come, but here's my takeaway:
  • They have fantastic customer service. They work with you back and forth before the order gets placed.
  • Their tolerances are good, but not great. Some of the stickers that I ordered fit very nicely and others are just a hair too small. Granted, they admit that they can't cut less than 1" reliably. I suppose I'd rather them be to small than two large and useless.
  • The print quality is average. I find that my printer can do a better job on photo paper. Things that I would expect to be quite crisp have a subtle fuzziness to them.
  • The adhesive is definitely different from gear labels. My hope is that they'll cure nicely and hold over time. Perhaps I wouldn't be so nervous if they were going on Paulson's. But these are going on BJR4s that have that smooth plastic.
  • You honestly can't beat price and speed. They were ridiculously cost effective, and arrived in less than a week.
Edit: so far, out of 144 labels, 4 were not cut correctly and were still attached to the top sheet. They were wasted; not the worst ratio of waste, but it sucks since it happened to the labels I have the fewest of.

Last edited:
Can they cut custom sizes? Spirit molds are, I've read, 1.1" which is smaller than 1 1/8" but larger than 1 1/16" and I'd love to get some labels that are a very close fit.

Can they cut custom sizes? Spirit molds are, I've read, 1.1" which is smaller than 1 1/8" but larger than 1 1/16" and I'd love to get some labels that are a very close fit.
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that yet. Had thought that 8Vs and other china clays that were 1 1/16th were the largest non oversized inlays. I'm getting 1 3/32nds with my calipers on Spirit mold. Or 27.85 mm.

So as I said in my review above, the tolerances for the cutting could have been a little bit better. I would have preferred slightly larger on most of them instead of slightly smaller than my specified size.

Also, I think they required too much bleed. It would have been great if they could have done about half the bleed that they did.

With all that said, for the price, convenience, speed, and customer service, I'm certainly pretty happy with how they came out.

PXL_20210710_183858025.jpg
PXL_20210710_184310229.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210710_184737809.PORTRAIT.jpg

So, would I use them again? Probably... Especially if it was going to take Gear 6 months to get my labels printed. Certainly for a fun travel set that was designed with my kids, I think that sticker mule is the perfect choice.

Last edited:
So as I said in my review above, the tolerances for the cutting could have been a little bit better. I would have preferred slightly larger on most of them instead of slightly smaller than my specified size.

Also, I think they required too much bleed. It would have been great if they could have done about half the bleed that they did.

With all that said, for the price, convenience, speed, and customer service, I'm certainly pretty happy with how they came out.

So, would I use them again? Probably... Especially if it was going to take Gear 6 months to get my labels printed. Certainly for a fun travel set that was designed with my kids, I think that sticker mule is the perfect choice.
Is Gear really backlogged to 6 months now?

Is Gear really backlogged to 6 months now?
I think his backlog is like ebbs and flows, right? It kind of all depends on the situation on the chip market. When a new batch of chips gets released by TCR, I'm guessing he gets crazy busy.

My most recent labels took about 4 months to get. When I've used him last year, it was about a month. So I guess the answer is maybe 6 months is a bit high, but it's not completely out of the ballpark.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify this. It's not a 6 month wait, but it could be several months depending on the backlog.

Last edited:
I think his backlog is like ebbs and flows, right? It kind of all depends on the situation on the chip market. When a new batch of chips gets released by TCR, I'm guessing he gets crazy busy.

My most recent labels took about 4 months to get. When I've used him last year, it was about a month. So I guess the answer is maybe 6 months is a bit high, but it's not completely out of the ballpark.
Ah, thanks for the info. I ordered through him a few months ago and it only took a few weeks from design to mailbox. Completely makes sense though if it’s just him and the wife running the show.

Ah, thanks for the info. I ordered through him a few months ago and it only took a few weeks from design to mailbox. Completely makes sense though if it’s just him and the wife running the show.
Let me be clear about what I said. I went back and checked and my most recent order took about 3 months. Previously (like last year) they were quicker, as I had stated.

Some members say it can take a long time (6 months was an example given to me when I first joined). However, and I'm being really sincere here, literally any wait is worth these labels from @Gear. Their quality is unparalleled.

I just wanted to set expectations. In no way did I mean to imply that it's always going to be a six month wait.

Let me be clear about what I said. I went back and checked and my most recent order took about 3 months. Previously (like last year) they were quicker, as I had stated.

Some members say it can take a long time (6 months was an example given to me when I first joined). However, and I'm being really sincere here, literally any wait is worth these labels from @Gear. Their quality is unparalleled.

I just wanted to set expectations. In no way did I mean to imply that it's always going to be a six month wait.
Yeah I definitely didn’t mean to make a scene out of this either. I absolute love my gear labels too. If you can splurge for the price, absolutely worth it. Just was surprised to see the timeline. All good here

Yeah I definitely didn’t mean to make a scene out of this either. I absolute love my gear labels too. If you can splurge for the price, absolutely worth it. Just was surprised to see the timeline. All good here
No worries, it was my wording. Just wanted to set the expectation that it could take longer then expected to get them made depending on his current workload.

IMG_2410.JPG

Good news: Onlinelabels.com labels are great and perfect for overlabeling.

Bad news: labels are slightly off-center as (@TX_Golf_N_Poker mentioned, I think) but supposedly within their 1/16th tolerance. I'm mostly ok with it for this project but it might be tilting for a really high-caliber project. It seems that might be the cost-quality trade off in this deal.

Overall: Tough to beat for the price, and their service was quite good (although not as good as Sticker Mule). In the speed-quality-cost triad, onlinelabels represents choosing speed and cost and making a modest compromise on quality, imo.

1626541960565.png

@dmoney Glad they worked out for you! My label had circular text around the outer portion of the artwork, and the off-center print was REALLY obvious. Yours look great! I looks like the shift is all from top to bottom, so honestly it just looks like that's the way you designed it.

@DuffCal introduced me to sticker mule for all kinds of things from coasters to key chains. They are great site for any swag for your own branding.

... But using them for poker chip labels. Why the hell didn't I think of that before! Yes, I have to agree that their customer service is amazing.

Has anyone tried their image to vector service? That's something I would be very interested in in order to get a piece of artwork turned into a vector that I can then print out on labels and put on chips.
Right? Why didn't I think of this. I used them from my karate school all the time their products are amazing

I tried ordering my stickers for 1200 chips last night and it came to around 178 if I remember correctly.

Today I get an email stating they need to update my order for requesting more than one type of stickers (different denominations) and the price is now $314. I have to make separate orders for each denom.

I'm trying to speak to them via email, but when I asked about the price difference, they said they could lower the quantity of labels I wanted in my order to drop the price to look more like the original price I was going to pay lol

I just asked if i could make orders with pricing similar to those members here made (1000 labels for $97 for example). Seems weird that some guys were able to get different denominations stickers on one sheet for the same pricing, but mine is different and I have to order them separately...? I dont get it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom