My Sticker Mule labeling experience (2 Viewers)

I just asked if i could make orders with pricing similar to those members here made (1000 labels for $97 for example). Seems weird that some guys were able to get different denominations stickers on one sheet for the same pricing, but mine is different and I have to order them separately...? I dont get it.
That doesn't seem right at all. They were definitely able to arrange multiple denoms onto the same sheet. After they gave me my original quote, I asked if there was any way to use a slightly larger sheet and order less. Because you have to order in quantities of 10, it saved a little bit.

... But overall, they were a total pleasure to work with and definitely helped me. Sounds like your experience is quite different.

Just got this, comes out to 11.4 cents per chip without taxes. I'm considering just going with someone else at this point. The "one time discount" kinda irked me, but hey, without it, it would be 13 cents a chip! Lol

Screenshot_20210901-155749_Gmail.jpg

So they are asking if I can provide the 9 digit codes for the orders that I am referencing for different pricing. That seems a little too invasive for me to be asking members here what their order numbers were to send to them tbh.

I just don't understand why the pricing I am getting quoted is different than those who did busness with them in this thread, and how my quote was only 2¢ cheaper than BRPro before this one-time discount they offered.
Im not really angry at these people, I just want to know why it's different, and why I have to make separate item orders for my labels unlike others. Its kind of frustrating, and my budget project idea to show to the local TD's cheaper options for "customs" is kind of going up in flames.

1630612181875.png

What if you just submitted one sheet, but had different denominations on the sheet? For example, if one sheet can print 100 labels, and you have 200 x $0.25 chips, 200 x $1 chips, 400 x $5 chips and 200 x $25 chips to label, couldn't you put 20 x $0.25 labels, 20 x $1 labels, 40 x $5 labels and 20 x $25 labels on that sheet, and just order 20 pages of the same sheet?

What if you just submitted one sheet, but had different denominations on the sheet? For example, if one sheet can print 100 labels, and you have 200 x $0.25 chips, 200 x $1 chips, 400 x $5 chips and 200 x $25 chips to label, couldn't you put 20 x $0.25 labels, 20 x $1 labels, 40 x $5 labels and 20 x $25 labels on that sheet, and just order 20 pages of the same sheet?
I'll ask about having different stickers on the same sheet again. They avoided that question the last time I asked and sent pictures from this thread as examples.

I gotta make a good breakdown for them I need 2400 stickers

Amount//Denomination
500x 25
500x 100
500x 500
500x 1000
160x 5000
40x 25000

Something like 2 separate sheets?

Sheet #1, order 20 of them
25x 25
25x 100
25x 500
25x 1000

Sheet #2, order 4 of them
80x 5000
20x 25000

I sent them pictures of the stickers members got on here, and all they kept saying was that I needed to file separately for each sticker and giving me a link to a video that they have on the site. They never directly answered my question last time about it, so lets hope they do this time. The generic responses are somewhat disappointing

I got them to do this and I ordered 30 sheets. https://www.stickermule.com/artworks/8133422?token=d0ab956af4b119672d43a2c62369071a
That means 2400 pcs of 1 1/16" stickers for $243 including shipping.

It was a really retarded way of doing it but the csr kept changing designs based on my questions so I just went with it. I was thinking all odd extras on one sheet and the rest on separate sheets but gave up. This was close enough and I wanted spares.

I got them to do this and I ordered 30 sheets. https://www.stickermule.com/artworks/8133422?token=d0ab956af4b119672d43a2c62369071a
That means 2400 pcs of 1 1/16" stickers for $243 including shipping.

It was a really retarded way of doing it but the csr kept changing designs based on my questions so I just went with it. I was thinking all odd extras on one sheet and the rest on separate sheets but gave up. This was close enough and I wanted spares.
They dont seem to understand my questions at all, its very frustrating. It's like talking to a poorly designed AI so far.

How have your labels held up so far? Any complaints?

I sent them pictures of the stickers members got on here, and all they kept saying was that I needed to file separately for each sticker and giving me a link to a video that they have on the site. They never directly answered my question last time about it, so lets hope they do this time. The generic responses are somewhat disappointing
That doesn‘t make any sense at all. If they are printing to a circular sticker with a color printer, it shouldn’t make any difference if some stickers are red and some are green, some $1 and some $100. They are just trying to stick it to you with setup fees. In my opinion.

That doesn‘t make any sense at all. If they are printing to a circular sticker with a color printer, it shouldn’t make any difference if some stickers are red and some are green, some $1 and some $100. They are just trying to stick it to you with setup fees. In my opinion.
That's my read on the situation as well.

The special one time discount also felt like they were trying to get me to submit to the pricing and seal a sale with me. It felt insulting to be very honest.

"Hey, I know you know we are trying to screw you, but hey look at this!" *Jingles keys*

They dont seem to understand my questions at all, its very frustrating. It's like talking to a poorly designed AI so far.

How have your labels held up so far? Any complaints?
None at all, but they won't be put to use until the end of the month though.

I cancelled my order with Mule, I really cannot stand the back and forth anymore.

I emailed another company, Stcker Giant, and its the same thing. They say I have to enter each thicker separately, dramatically increasing the price.

------This is why Gear and Brpro are the best, folks. You don't have to deal with bs when you deal with them ever.

I wanted to find a cheap label place to use as a tool to get my local bar TD's into the world of nicer chips slowly for low prices to fit their budgets. As it seems, all I have accomplished so far is raising my blood pressure.

Maybe there's been such an influx of order enquiries from PCF members in particular that have caused them to reevaluate their potential profit margins.
Even if that were true, them not directly answering my questions like normal human beings and giving vague and generic responses instead was enough to get me to never want to do business with them ever. I'd rather ask a crackhead about politics, I'd get more coherent and direct responses.

When I asked the company why the prices are different than what I was originally quoted and more expensive than orders that others had made before out of curiosity, they simply said that if I wanted the target price I was after, I could just adjust the quantity and order less lol. I should have known it was going to be a shit show after reading that message.

Just wanted to share my experience with Sticker Mule. I recently bought a set of 12 stripes and wanted to get labels custom printed for them. I went thru all the usual sites for custom poker chip labels etc, including gear ( he was just too overbooked btw). When I stumbled upon a custom sticker maker called Sticker Mule. They are not in the poker chip labeling business, but custom stickers for just about anything. Amazing reviews so I decided to email them. Within hours I received an email back. The customer service from these folks was absolutely amazing. From beginning to end actually. They had me sold from the first email. Just from the prompt service and kindness. She informed me yes they are vinyl labels that are then laminated. They cut the sticker to whatever you send them. It could be a sticker of Superman and they would cut around the pic. In other words I was convinced they would be centered labels in a circle verses printed on a circle which always leave room for error. I went ahead and ordered enough labels for the set I was trying to complete. The issue was they only let you order in quantities of 10. I only needed 25 sheets. But had to order 30.

When they arrived less than a week later, I was amazed of the quality. Freaking awesome. I can't say enough about them. Beautiful.
A few weeks went by and I wanted another batch for another set. This time on their website I noticed a different size that I didn't notice last time. Last time I ordered 8.5" x 11" and was limited a little. Anyways to make a too long story shorter... If you order their custom sticker sheet and click the custom size button, you can pick any size paper to print on. I emailed them and asked how large the paper would be for 100 1" circles... 12" x 12" is what they said. Ok so for 10 sheets of that would cost $97. With free shipping and will receive in less than 10 days... Vinyl, laminated... 1000 labels... For 500 chips... $97? That's less than 10¢ a label... I saved like $40 doing thier custom size sheets... The key is to get all the different labels on one sheet and only order 10 sheets.
Anyways... Just want to share my experience, and I can't say how happy I am with the entire experience with them. I love my labels. And I will really love my second set at an even cheaper price!!!
Top quality company. Check them out!
Thanks for the great post. I used a local printer for labels for a bunch of Claysmith blanks. They're very simple and I'm happy with them but I have more ideas. What do you use for your label design work?

Has anyone tried Sticker Genius? I've used them for work things for different types of vinyl decals and their quality is always top notch. Wonder how something like this would fair. It looks like they have kiss cut sheets that can be laminated, some are stickers & some are meant as permanent options. I haven't messed with the cost but just a thought for a potential alternative if somebody is willing to do a test with it.

Hi All,

Thanks to this thread, I'm about to give StickerMule a try for one of my cheapo sets. Sent them a website message with a picture of all the logos, diameter specification (31.5mm), and quantities. A rep emailed me back asking if I would prefer the labels/stickers on a Roll or Sheets. I emailed back asking what the differences would be (if any), especially regarding quality/specifications of the labels and cost - waiting to hear back.

Is there any other information I need to give them or things I should specify or choose?

Thanks!

ETA - I just got quoted $431 (rolls) or $429 (sheets) for 1860 31.5mm round labels - not including sales tax... ouch...

ETA 12-3-21 - After switching to stickers on custom sheets and organizing all the designs to run identical sheets the latest quote is $208 + tax & free shipping to CA for 20 350mm x 350mm (13.77" x 13.77") to fit 100 31.5mm round stickers/sheet (2000 stickers total).

Last edited:
So is there another vendor anyone has tested for 22mm (ie 7/8”) labels? I inquired with Sticker Mule again today and they said “our 1” size minimum does apply to all of our products at this time” @danwmson

Got my order - took about a week. Am a little bummed - made a couple of last minute changes and submitted them an hour or two after placing the order but SM wasn't able to make the changes (it was my bad, I had already approved the proof). These are OK but I prefer my last version much more (hate when that happens!)... lol

20211216_133800.jpg

20211216_133735.jpg

No poker for a couple of weeks because my buddies are all busy so I'll have a little time to work on this process and to make a couple of basic roll up table topper mats...

Gonna be like:

Got my order - took about a week. Am a little bummed - made a couple of last minute changes and submitted them an hour or two after placing the order but SM wasn't able to make the changes (it was my bad, I had already approved the proof). These are OK but I prefer my last version much more (hate when that happens!)... lol

View attachment 830125

View attachment 830128

No poker for a couple of weeks because my buddies are all busy so I'll have a little time to work on this process and to make a couple of basic roll up table topper mats...

Gonna be like:

How'd you get the different designs on one sheet? Seemed like they originally allowed that and then later they wanted one design per sheet, which makes it more expensive to get a bunch of different denoms.

Ok, I checked my email chain and will try to sum up (probably more info than you're looking for but might help someone less knowledgeable/experienced):

1A. Contacted SM, referenced PCF, asked for a quote and feedback for X number of "labels"*, size and breakdown, and attached 11 jpg files of what I had in mind.

1B. SM replied they have both spooled Roll Labels as well as Sheet Labels (8.5"x11") and asked for my preference and shipping location/country.

2A. I asked what the differences would be between Roll and Sheets.

2B. SM replied:
"All of our labels are printed on a non-toxic polypropylene (BOPP) material and feature a durable laminate making them waterproof and dishwasher safe. While roll labels are slightly thicker than sheet labels (5 mils compared to 4.5 mils), the main difference comes down to their packaging. Both are easy to peel, but one will come on a roll and can be loaded into a label dispenser, and the 8.5” x 11” sheet labels can easily be stored flat.
When placing an order, we require one file for each unique design, so breaking your design into 11 files will be perfect for uploading. We accept all high res artwork files.
Here's how pricing works out:
Circle roll labels
- 6 designs * 10 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $276
- 60 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $53
- 110 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $59
- 410 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $87
- 510 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $95
- 710 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $110
Discount for multiple designs: -$249
Total: $431 (+ sales tax)
Circle sheet labels
- 6*50 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $288
- 60 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $49
- 110 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $55
- 410 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $82
- 510 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $90
- 710 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $104
Discount for multiple designs: -$239
Total: $429 (+ sales tax)
Turnaround time would be a quick 4 business day production followed by free UPS 2 Day Air shipping within the US.
To place your order, our Quick Order tool is perfect for adding multiple designs and quantities to your cart. You'll just select the product type, enter your preferred size, the number of unique designs, and how many you'd like of each. You'll see the total price with all discounts noted right on the page, and can upload your artwork directly on that page before proceeding to checkout.
The entire quoting process should be quick and easy, but if you hit any snags along the way or would like our help crunching the numbers, just let us know!"

3A. I emailed that the pricing was more than what I was expecting and referenced this thread.

3B. SM explained that I was asking for a different product (see "labels"* above in 1A) and then gave me info on Sticker Sheets:
"No problem! Our pricing algorithm considers the product type, size, and number of unique designs to calculate your costs. The more you order of a particular design, the cheaper each unit becomes. We offer free shipping on all US orders as well.
There are a few differences in the orders from the forum that you're referring to and yours, starting with the number of designs, the size, and the product type.
What they have ordered are sticker sheets, rather than labels. The first user has created one single design and asked for it to be printed 10 times, which has a cost of $97.
We offer sticker sheets as large as 36" x 24", so fitting 100+ smaller stickers is certainly possible, and stickers are ordered in quantities of 10.
If you would like to use your artwork as-is, we can quote these as sticker sheets in quantities of 10. Just let us know how many sheets you would like, and we're happy to provide pricing.
Alternatively, you can upload your individual artworks to a zip folder (here's how to upload multiple images) and simply ask our team to set the sheet up for you based on your needs. You'll want to include the individual sticker sizes as well as how many times you would like each design duplicated on the sheet. Our team will automatically adjust the size of the sheet to fit your need when they send the proof. Pricing will also be updated automatically, and your card is only charged once proofs are approved."

4A. Looking at Sticker Sheets on SM, I reworked my numbers and submitted a breakdown (x number of this design, y number of this design, z number of this design, etc) for a 10 x 10 sticker sheet (100 stickers per sheet and 20 copies of the same sheet) and estimated size.

4B. SM replied (for my project):
"With our minimum spacing requirements, I believe these will be closer to 15" x 15" but I'm still waiting to hear from our team to confirm what size sticker sheet you would need to fit all 100 stickers.
To find pricing for 20 sheets, you can enter a custom quantity here on the product page. The price for 20, 15"x15" sticker sheets is $235 before sales tax.
All of our stickers are waterproof and dishwasher safe, so an occasional hand washing should be perfectly fine. You'll want to be sure the chips are dry and clean when you apply the stickers for the adhesive to work best."

4C. SM also added:
"Good news! Your sheet size will need to be 350mm x 350mm (13.77" x 13.77") to fit 100 31.5mm circle stickers on it.
At 20 sheets, pricing is $208 + tax, and includes free shipping to CA.
Let me know your full shipping address and we'll have this order entered and a proof sent your way to review."

Along the way, they suggested that I increase the size of some text in my designs for legibility (which I did)
"Hello. We recommend increasing your text size for “sweep the pot” or overall sticker size to ensure readability. We suggest 6pts for guaranteed readability, but text may be legible as small as 4pts. The “sweep the pot” text is currently 4.5pts and may be legible. You can find more information on this here: https://www.stickermule.com/support/what-is-your-minimum-font-size If you would like to update your artwork, you can attach that in a rejection of this proof. Also, we've set up your artwork with the smallest border size required to ensure none of your artwork will be cut off during production."

They also sent me proofs to check and confirm along the way.

9031354_proof.png

I've been meaning to write a little bit more but wasn't sure if I should just continue here or start a new thread?

@Samuel Thanks for the detailed response. I (and I'm sure others) appreciate it. I think having it in this thread might get more visibility than starting a new thread, since the people already interested in this process will get a notification.

So ultimately, it was ~11¢ per sticker/label/whatever? $208 (+ tax) / (100 labels * 20 sheets)?

Ok, I checked my email chain and will try to sum up (probably more info than you're looking for but might help someone less knowledgeable/experienced):

1A. Contacted SM, referenced PCF, asked for a quote and feedback for X number of "labels"*, size and breakdown, and attached 11 jpg files of what I had in mind.

1B. SM replied they have both spooled Roll Labels as well as Sheet Labels (8.5"x11") and asked for my preference and shipping location/country.

2A. I asked what the differences would be between Roll and Sheets.

2B. SM replied:
"All of our labels are printed on a non-toxic polypropylene (BOPP) material and feature a durable laminate making them waterproof and dishwasher safe. While roll labels are slightly thicker than sheet labels (5 mils compared to 4.5 mils), the main difference comes down to their packaging. Both are easy to peel, but one will come on a roll and can be loaded into a label dispenser, and the 8.5” x 11” sheet labels can easily be stored flat.
When placing an order, we require one file for each unique design, so breaking your design into 11 files will be perfect for uploading. We accept all high res artwork files.
Here's how pricing works out:
Circle roll labels
- 6 designs * 10 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $276
- 60 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $53
- 110 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $59
- 410 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $87
- 510 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $95
- 710 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle roll labels: $110
Discount for multiple designs: -$249
Total: $431 (+ sales tax)
Circle sheet labels
- 6*50 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $288
- 60 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $49
- 110 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $55
- 410 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $82
- 510 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $90
- 710 (31.5mm x 31.5mm) Circle sheet labels: $104
Discount for multiple designs: -$239
Total: $429 (+ sales tax)
Turnaround time would be a quick 4 business day production followed by free UPS 2 Day Air shipping within the US.
To place your order, our Quick Order tool is perfect for adding multiple designs and quantities to your cart. You'll just select the product type, enter your preferred size, the number of unique designs, and how many you'd like of each. You'll see the total price with all discounts noted right on the page, and can upload your artwork directly on that page before proceeding to checkout.
The entire quoting process should be quick and easy, but if you hit any snags along the way or would like our help crunching the numbers, just let us know!"

3A. I emailed that the pricing was more than what I was expecting and referenced this thread.

3B. SM explained that I was asking for a different product (see "labels"* above in 1A) and then gave me info on Sticker Sheets:
"No problem! Our pricing algorithm considers the product type, size, and number of unique designs to calculate your costs. The more you order of a particular design, the cheaper each unit becomes. We offer free shipping on all US orders as well.
There are a few differences in the orders from the forum that you're referring to and yours, starting with the number of designs, the size, and the product type.
What they have ordered are sticker sheets, rather than labels. The first user has created one single design and asked for it to be printed 10 times, which has a cost of $97.
We offer sticker sheets as large as 36" x 24", so fitting 100+ smaller stickers is certainly possible, and stickers are ordered in quantities of 10.
If you would like to use your artwork as-is, we can quote these as sticker sheets in quantities of 10. Just let us know how many sheets you would like, and we're happy to provide pricing.
Alternatively, you can upload your individual artworks to a zip folder (here's how to upload multiple images) and simply ask our team to set the sheet up for you based on your needs. You'll want to include the individual sticker sizes as well as how many times you would like each design duplicated on the sheet. Our team will automatically adjust the size of the sheet to fit your need when they send the proof. Pricing will also be updated automatically, and your card is only charged once proofs are approved."

4A. Looking at Sticker Sheets on SM, I reworked my numbers and submitted a breakdown (x number of this design, y number of this design, z number of this design, etc) for a 10 x 10 sticker sheet (100 stickers per sheet and 20 copies of the same sheet) and estimated size.

4B. SM replied (for my project):
"With our minimum spacing requirements, I believe these will be closer to 15" x 15" but I'm still waiting to hear from our team to confirm what size sticker sheet you would need to fit all 100 stickers.
To find pricing for 20 sheets, you can enter a custom quantity here on the product page. The price for 20, 15"x15" sticker sheets is $235 before sales tax.
All of our stickers are waterproof and dishwasher safe, so an occasional hand washing should be perfectly fine. You'll want to be sure the chips are dry and clean when you apply the stickers for the adhesive to work best."

4C. SM also added:
"Good news! Your sheet size will need to be 350mm x 350mm (13.77" x 13.77") to fit 100 31.5mm circle stickers on it.
At 20 sheets, pricing is $208 + tax, and includes free shipping to CA.
Let me know your full shipping address and we'll have this order entered and a proof sent your way to review."

Along the way, they suggested that I increase the size of some text in my designs for legibility (which I did)
"Hello. We recommend increasing your text size for “sweep the pot” or overall sticker size to ensure readability. We suggest 6pts for guaranteed readability, but text may be legible as small as 4pts. The “sweep the pot” text is currently 4.5pts and may be legible. You can find more information on this here: https://www.stickermule.com/support/what-is-your-minimum-font-size If you would like to update your artwork, you can attach that in a rejection of this proof. Also, we've set up your artwork with the smallest border size required to ensure none of your artwork will be cut off during production."

They also sent me proofs to check and confirm along the way.

View attachment 832707

I've been meaning to write a little bit more but wasn't sure if I should just continue here or start a new thread?
Good recap! This seems to all fit in the “My Sticker Mule Labeling experience” thread!

Has anyone found a way to get 7/8” (~22mm) stickers from sticker mule?

I’m considering getting a full sheet designed and printed, and just ordering a circular punch to pop out each label. A little intensive, but possibly a super cheap workaround that is a perfect fit for a project I’m working on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom