My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (24 Viewers)

So in addition to Donkfish with around 6k subs who puts out PLO content there is also PLO Professor who has 2x my subs

What do you all think of his content?

I do watch some PLO professor videos but have found that I have to really focus to pay attention. His videos are more about learning PLO dynamics than it is entertainment so it's at times like trying to read a math book. My end goal is to become better at PLO but it's still a tough watch sometimes. I keep going back to watch videos over so I can absorb the content, similiar to how things worked when I was in college lol

Episode 36 is now up including two weekend sessions from the Lodge plus key hands in my win in a special poker chip forum PLO tournament!

I loved this episode. Seeing you play against names I know was very fun to watch. Were you ordering something about 19 minutes in? Saw another screen open for a moment.

This week be sure to catch me on the PLO Stream from Texas Card House - Austin. I'm playing 1/2/5 PLO with buyins up to 1K and match the stack. The stream will be viewable at 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central and 4pm Pacific times on Thursday, January 5th (that's tomorrow!) on the TCH Live Channel at https://www.youtube.com/@TCHLiVEPoker

This is my first ever session on stream and I'm really excited for it and I hope you can all make it and pop into chat to show your support. If this gets enough views/likes/chat they're looking to do a monthly PLO stream which would be amazing!

Also hard at work on my next vlog which will be releasing next week and is a really fun one where I more than 14x my stack, but it is a rollercoaster session with some highs and lows, so stay tuned! (going to create a separate thread for this announcement as well)

Roller coaster episode. You should start doing cliff hangers. Like "... and on the river ... ... JOIN US NEXT WEEK TO SEE THE INCREDBILE RIVER CARD!".

My next vlog is up, analyzing hands from my TCH Live PLO stream

Here's a re-enactment of the Patty hand feasting on nits:

w2Mi_j.gif

That dastardly Ines makes another appearance in this weeks vlog!

You’re extremely enjoyable to watch and listen to mate. Loving this journey.

I read the start of this thread again last night. So. With this time under your belt, you still happier at home, good work life balance?

You’re doing the lords work.

You’re extremely enjoyable to watch and listen to mate. Loving this journey.

I read the start of this thread again last night. So. With this time under your belt, you still happier at home, good work life balance?

You’re doing the lords work.

Thanks so much!

Yes, definitely enjoy this more than working 70+ hours/week working for someone else. It still feels weird sometimes to win or lose in a single session what I might make in one or two weeks working for someone else though.

I do need to devote more time to exercising though, help keep my energy levels and focus up. Working on some dietary adjustments as well. You're never too old to be healthier, and I'm certainly not getting any younger, turning 46 next month!

I use to be paid to keep fit. Stopped doing that and I’ve slowed down considerably. It’s hard. Slow and steady with little increases is my suggestion, ease into it, and once you do: I can’t sing the praises of interval training enough. You’d get more value from 5 intervals where for 1 minute you’re going close to your maximum run (bike ride / swim / assault bike / rower - it’s all applicable), then taking 2-3 minutes off, and reloading, more value in that than say 40 minutes steady. But. Look after you. Even a brisk walk with your wife each day and you’ll see little improvements.

You’ve got a great voice for this, a lot of others aren’t as engaging as you. Do you still do tournaments? I love the idea that you can kinda travel doing what you’re doing. Chip and a chair

You’ve got a great voice for this, a lot of others aren’t as engaging as you. Do you still do tournaments? I love the idea that you can kinda travel doing what you’re doing. Chip and a chair

It's funny you ask about tournaments. I actually have footage from the 500K guaranteed Monthly Monster at The Lodge coming up for my next episode (it's hold em though)

But I rarely put much time into tournaments as I find overall cash has just been better for me. I'd love to hit a big score in a tournament, but you need to go through a lot of losses to get there, IF you get there. And at the end of the day, I just don't want to play poker for 10-14 hours each session over multiple days. I'm happy as a pig in shit playing cash for a couple of hours, winning $1,100 and going home.

!!!! Didn't you say you stopped doing polarizing shouts at the table!?!?!?!???!

Just calling it out, I know it can be hard to stop a behavior, didn't want to call it out on the channel

!!!! Didn't you say you stopped doing polarizing shouts at the table!?!?!?!???!

Just calling it out, I know it can be hard to stop a behavior, didn't want to call it out on the channel

That was from the end of October before I stopped. And I was celebrating the dealer, not saying they suck

I don't shout either anymore, but this goes way back before I stopped

Played the PLO "Freeroll" (which cost me $245 which is the max you would need to spend to get all the add-ons available without having to rebuy on top of that) and final tabled again.

Only 7 spots paid and myself and two others were short stacks. No one wanted to pay the last couple of spots, once one of the shortstacks was eliminated I did a saver with the other short-stack. If I busted he'd pay me $200, if he busted I'd pay him $200. It caused him to loosen up his game and bust in 8th on the bubble, guaranteeing me $495 so I paid him the $200 and was in the money.

Then another player busted and I managed to survive and chip up. But with blinds at 40/80K with an average stack of 900k it was essentially a crapshoot, so the 6 of us agreed to an ICM chop. I was last in chips and got $1200 and the 1st place guy was paid $1800 so we were all pretty close in chips and it was still anyones game, but was going to come down to who got lucky given blinds at that point.

Fourth time playing this event, I have three final tables (two ICM chops and one 2nd place finish)

chips.jpg
chips2.jpg
winner2.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom