My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (25 Viewers)

Happy ‘Murica day. I think a quick joke adds to the vlog, but some of the humor has been getting a bit long for me and I start to feel my time and attention is being wasted. This vlog’s joke was about 90% too long, and I found myself drifting off and considering whether I should share some feedback. I decide to rip it in and hope my opinion is taken in the spirit that is intended. Good luck with the impending move!

Happy ‘Murica day. I think a quick joke adds to the vlog, but some of the humor has been getting a bit long for me and I start to feel my time and attention is being wasted. This vlog’s joke was about 90% too long, and I found myself drifting off and considering whether I should share some feedback. I decide to rip it in and hope my opinion is taken in the spirit that is intended. Good luck with the impending move!
Just out of curiosity, which one does this refer to? The 4th of July episode from today?

2 minutes 49 seconds just on the Doug Polk - Joke? Insult? I don't follow (or even like) Polk or Crypto, and this otherwise had nothing to do with PLO, so it just buzzed right over my head, and I didn't finish the video.

WE DID IT!

el_diablo.png

looking to move away from the hand replayer I'm using and start putting up nicer graphics. Just slapped this together as a test, it's not a real hand.

Any critique? (note this video is "unlisted" so you can only view it with the link, it's not published for the general public)

looking to move away from the hand replayer I'm using and start putting up nicer graphics. Just slapped this together as a test, it's not a real hand.

Any critique? (note this video is "unlisted" so you can only view it with the link, it's not published for the general public)

I don't read poker strategy books, I just play poker. As such, It's a lot harder for me to visualize the action when there is no action, just words describing the action. It would be like listening to the WSOP on the radio. It might be entertaining for some hardcore fans, but less so for the casual fan.

Also, the static photo of a monster stack of chips feels like "humble brag". There's no way I could sit still through a full video of that.

Oddly though, you sounded more like a professional commentator. Get a bracelet or a couple WSOP cashes, and you may have an extra job opportunity.

I don't read poker strategy books, I just play poker. As such, It's a lot harder for me to visualize the action when there is no action, just words describing the action. It would be like listening to the WSOP on the radio. It might be entertaining for some hardcore fans, but less so for the casual fan.

Also, the static photo of a monster stack of chips feels like "humble brag". There's no way I could sit still through a full video of that.

Oddly though, you sounded more like a professional commentator. Get a bracelet or a couple WSOP cashes, and you may have an extra job opportunity.

How about this?

Much better.

The red text on the green surface left a little to be desired, but I suspect this is just a program and leaves you with few options. It was easy for me to follow the action though.

Much better.

The red text on the green surface left a little to be desired, but I suspect this is just a program and leaves you with few options. It was easy for me to follow the action though.

I have to manually put everything in. It's not a hand replayer, just a video editor online where I can add my own images or use theirs, plus add animation effects

Then I download and put it together in my software while adding sound effects and voiceover

A little cumbersome, but not terribly so

I can change colors so it doesn't have to be red. Was just trying to call attention on the table to raises

I'll continue tweaking it, ty for the feedback!

Ooooo.... I'm thinking an Uncle Sam as the hero...

...or a hobbit

I was actually trying to find vectors of super mario characters to use but didn't have much luck, so wound up just using what the site that has this video editor has in their database.

Still doing some tweaking. It's a little time-consuming to use, but I think it'll be better received than the PokerPoise replayer I was using.

Ooooo.... I'm thinking an Uncle Sam as the hero...

...or a hobbit

I was able to find these that I could use. I'm leaning towards the icons on the left to represent players that includes batman, wonder woman, etc rather than the ones on the right which has deadpool and vision, but let me know what you think?

test.png

@Poker Zombie what do you think? I made an effort to add animated bets and cards moving, plus various sound effects to give it a more tactile feel for the viewer.

It's a little cumbersome, took me roughly an hour to compile this short clip. But I was also figuring out and downloading sound effects and such as I went, so it should flow smoother now that I've got those chip and card sounds figured out for future hands.

Looks great! Including the equities on screen is a nice improvement.

My only suggestion would be to lower the volume on the sound effects.

Keep up the great work!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom