My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (28 Viewers)

Actually, it should happen once every 18,140 times. However, that assumes I did the math right, which I most assuredly did not. I like the mental exercise though.
And can you calculate the odds of a starting hand with AXs and flopping AAA? :ninja:

Then the likely hood of cold call 3x raise? :ninja::ninja:

If you can give me the lotto numbers, I'll split it with ya!

If I did it right Excel can barely handle it. I believe the probability to flop exactly 3 aces given that you are holding 4 cards is 1/48! × 1/47! × 1/46! = not very often (about 5.66e-179). I can't even translate that number.....but it is a lot of zeros after the decimal point! In fact you may not ever see it happen again.

:eek:

That's not the way to calculate that number.

If you want to know the chances of getting the three remaining aces in a particular order (ie Ah,Ad,Ac) it would be 1/48 * 1/47 * 1/46 since there's a 1/48 chance the right card is placed first, then 1/47 that the 2nd is, then 1/46 that the final one is. That's about 9.6 x 10^-6 or about 1 in 104,000.

But, since we don't care about order (Ac,Ad,Ah is just as good), it should be a combination. The number of groups of three that can be pulled from a population of 48 is 48!/(45!)(3!). This one group then is 1 in 17 k or so. Alternatively, there are six different ways to order them, so we could multiply the previous by 6 to get the same thing.

That's not the way to calculate that number.

If you want to know the chances of getting the three remaining aces in a particular order (ie Ah,Ad,Ac) it would be 1/48 * 1/47 * 1/46 since there's a 1/48 chance the right card is placed first, then 1/47 that the 2nd is, then 1/46 that the final one is. That's about 9.6 x 10^-6 or about 1 in 104,000.

But, since we don't care about order (Ac,Ad,Ah is just as good), it should be a combination. The number of groups of three that can be pulled from a population of 48 is 48!/(45!)(3!). This one group then is 1 in 17 k or so. Alternatively, there are six different ways to order them, so we could multiply the previous by 6 to get the same thing.
Or 3/48 x 2/47 x 1/46 or 1/17296

Two random questions for you (you may have already answered both, but I couldn't scroll through 180 pages):

1) Do you know what your longest streak of winning sessions is?

2) I'm assuming you put a certain amount of winnings back into your bankroll to grow it, do you have a chart, or general idea, of how much your bankroll has grown since you started?

Two random questions for you (you may have already answered both, but I couldn't scroll through 180 pages):

1) Do you know what your longest streak of winning sessions is?

2) I'm assuming you put a certain amount of winnings back into your bankroll to grow it, do you have a chart, or general idea, of how much your bankroll has grown since you started?

Probably somewhere in the 7 sessions consecutive range

As far as my finances, I actually focused more on paying down expenses to reduce my monthly nut by 40% over the past few years, rather than growing my roll.

Given the stakes regularly played where I live, plus the unliklihood of my being invited to higher stakes private games in the area, I felt it was a better focus

What if any things do you do to reduce your monthly living expenses?
Do you have solar panels, any hobbies, do you have any hobbies that help to reduce costs? (gardening)

What if any things do you do to reduce your monthly living expenses?
Do you have solar panels, any hobbies, do you have any hobbies that help to reduce costs? (gardening)

It was more paying down recurring monthly expenses rather than DIY genius.

Although we do cook a lot at home, I mow my own lawn and being a new homeowner learned to do some simpler things like replacing ceiling fans, outdoor lights, electrical outlets, etc for the first time, which saved on hiring someone else.

+$689 tonight, few hands of note:

There's a raise UTG from an active/loose player, a couple of calls, we're in the CO with :kh::qh::qd::jd: and repop it, the button cold-calls? The others get out of the way and we get it in on an :ac::th::9h: flop. The guy has :qs::js::9d::7d: so we're actually in really good shape. He only runs once and the turn is a :7s: and I start thinking "really? THIS is how this guy gets me?" but the beautiful :ah: and we take it down!

We're in the SB with :ad::td::8c::2h: and MP limps, active player in HJ raises, CO calls, Button calls, we call, BB calls and MP call!

Flop :qc::4d::3d:

This flop shouldn't hit anyone too hard unless they've got QQxx. With the nfd and wheel draw we decide to pot it and wind up getting it in vs two players (HJ and Button)

The HJ has :ah::ac::js::tc: and just couldn't fold his Aces I guess? The button has a hand that's bad for me as it blocks the shit out of both my draws: :8d::7d::6d::5d:

HJ only runs once and it comes :qs::4h: and his Aces hold up.

Last edited:
The button has a hand that's bad for me as it blocks the shit out of both my draws: :8d::7d::6d::5d:

1643472294440.png

Another positive session, booked a +$2,107 win

Hands of note:

We raise pre with :ac::qc::9h::7h: from the CO and shorty in the SB stacks off with :ah::7s::4s::4h:. Board comes :tc::5s::7c::3c::4c:

We are on the button and call UTG's raise holding :kc::qc::qh::3s:. Three ways to a flop of :kd::jc::tc:. Both players check to me, I pot, only UTG calls. Turn :th:. We both check. River :4c: and he leads, I make the crying call and he turns over :ad::ks::js::ts:

I call a raise multiway from the HJ with :ks::kh::8c::2s:. Flop is :kd::3h::2d: and I get it in vs :ad::qd::9s::9c:. We agree to go twice and I hold both boards

I call a raise from the button with :qh::qs::5s::5d: and we see a flop of :ah::kd::qc:. LAG bets out and I raise and he winds up folding.

I'm in the BB with :kh::kd::td::8d: and there's a preflop raise, multiway to a flop of :ad::jh::7d:. Checked around. Turn :qd: Bingo Bango Bongo Vince! I check and a solid player bets, I checkraise and he calls with position on me. River :jc: and I about want to puke at my luck, figuring this hits him. I check and to my surprise he checks back. I table my hand and we're good. Can only assume maybe he had the J-high flush or maybe at worst AQxx?

Limp UTG and call a raise with :ks::kc::8h::3s:. Multiway to a flop of :kh::9s::4d:. The raiser stacks off to me with :ad::qd::qh::jh: and we go twice.

First board: :2s::4c:
Second board: :2c::2d:

Limp in with :ah::qs::jc::3h: from the button and see a flop multiway of :ad::kd::9s:. UTG leads and we are the only caller, opting to peel one in position, in hindsight probably should be giving this up as we only have a gutshot and no diamond blockers. Turn :th:, he what do I know? He continues to bet, we just call, keeping our nuts disguised (this one's for the out of context thread!). River :7c: Unfortunately he now checks, so his most likely holding is the flush draw that whiffed, we try to get value but he gives it up. In hindsight should've went for the raise on the turn, since if he's got the flush draw, full house draw or a combo of some sort he's likely continuing. And when he whiffs the river it's hard for us to squeeze anymore value, so should've taken it on the turn.

We're in MP with :kd::qs::qh::jh: and limp, the HJ raises and we four-handed to a flop of :qc::5s::3c:. Checks to us and we pot it, he repots it and we get stacks in. He has :as::ac::7c::2d: and only runs once.

Turn :2h: and river :7s: and somehow we hold!

Feels good to finally get some run-good in multiple sessions. Back at it next week!

We are on the button with :ah::7h::5d::3s: and again facing a raise and reraise decide not to tangle with this hand, since aside from the nfd it's not very good. Flop comes :ts::8h::6h: and the BB is willing to stack off with :ad::as::5h::2d: and UTG+1 comes along with :7d::6c::4c::4h: The turn brings the :2h: and we could've won a nice pot :(
WOW! That sounds like a juicy table. Was the action all pre, or was it also post flop? If post flop...WTF???????

+$839 tonight, hands of note:

We're on a smaller stack and isolate preflop for stacks against the preflop raiser with dead money in the pot. We've got fairly shitty Kings in :ks::kc::8h::3s:, but would rather take that headsup vs the raiser than against the field. He has a legit hand, although his pair hurts him against us a bit, but still has :ad::qd::qh::jh:. Flop is :kh::9s::4d: and runs out :2s::4c: to give us a bit more than the double

We have :kh::ks::8s::5d: against :as::qs::qc::6h: on a flop of :kd::qd::4c: and the shorty goes bust.

Get stacks in holding :qc::qs::js::jh: against an over-aggro guy in the SB who has :as::kh::th::2s:. We agree to go twice and it runs out:

:ac::ah::3h::3c::5c: on the first board, which is good because it's chewed up a bunch of his outs against us. Then the second board comes and we see the door card which is the :kd:

But before I can shout FUCK! the :jd: peels off and then :6d:. He's still got a gutshot here but doesn't hit so we chop it up

We get caught up in the CO in a preflop raising war between a couple of players and wind up four ways to a flop holding :ks::kd::qd::8h: with the BB, HJ and Button in the hand as well. On a flop of :ah::jd::9s: it's surprisingly checked around. The turn :2d: results inthe Button and BB getting stacks in, myself and the HJ fold. The Button has :qs::jc::9c::7s: for a shitty two pair???? and the BB shows :as::tc::2c::2s: for a turned set.

You know man.......... You could have told me you were going on this hot streak BEFORE I fired the other stripper.

Seriously, great to see you turn it around man. You deserve it.

An interesting night where I lost the minimum after flopping quad Aces (yes, you read that correctly). Alright, here we gooooooo

We limp in the CO with :9s::8d::6c::5h: and the button raises, two callers and we close the action so we call with our badugi hand (it's ok to fold this outright pre or to the raise as well, probably preferred most of the time).

Anyway we flop pretty well in :8s::7h::5c:. To our surprise UTG leads out with a bet, we raise since our hand isn't likely to improve and we don't want anyone picking up a draw for free on the turn. Folds back to UTG who rips it, we call, he only runs once and has :as::ks::8c::5d: for top and bottom pair plus backdoor spades. We fade his outs and win a nice pot

We see a flop multiway (all limped) holding :ad::kh::7c::4d: in the HJ. The flop comes :jd::5d::3h: and it's checked to us. Given we have the nut flush draw plus a double gutter straight draw, we pot it, expecting to find folds unless we run into a slow played set of Jacks that will likely checkraise us. A known doofus on the button calls.

Turn :4c: we both check
River :7s: we both check again.

I expect to see him have a whiffed flush draw, but unfortunately he also flopped top and bottom pair holding :jh::ts::9d::3d: and wins this one.

We limp-call a raise while in UTG holding :ac::jh::9d::8c:. Three ways to a flop of :td::9h::3c:. This flop favors the callers range generally more than the raisers (who is on the button) and with a pair plus straight draw we lead right out for pot. He rips it, we call and he only runs once. He has :kh::kd::jc::2c: so we're a relative coin flip that we unfortunately don't win and he doubles up.

flip.png

And then the piece de resistance! to my session. It's my last hand UTG before the blinds hit and I'm dealt :ac::ad::kd::8d:

We go 6-ways to a flop of :ah::as::4s:

BINGO BANGO BONGO VINCE! The only problem with this flop is that it's going to be hard for me to get any action since I have the board pretty locked up. But with five opponents out there we'll just have to check and pray someone fills up and can pay off. The flop is checked around and then the turn is the :5s:

The BB who is a relatively solid player leads for 2/3 pot, I opt to just call as I see zero value in raising, and a player in MP calls as well. The river is the :kc: and again the BB leads for 2/3 pot. There's only one combo of KK available for him to hold here, and he's solid enough that I don't see him willing to play for stacks on that board with the underfull. So I don't see how I can raise and ever get paid by worse here. And with MP still in the hand I opt to just call BB's bet, hoping to pickup some additional value if he feels inclined, which he doesn't.

The BB shows down :kh::3s::2s::2d: for the steel fucking wheel, on my last hand of the session, when I flop quad Aces, lol. Somehow I lost only the minimum here. And unfortunately there is no Bad Beat Jackpot in this room anymore (hasn't been for years) and this is the time rake game where they don't get high hands.

Had to settle for -$1,261 on the session, back at it tomorrow.

An interesting night where I lost the minimum after flopping quad Aces (yes, you read that correctly). Alright, here we gooooooo

We limp in the CO with :9s::8d::6c::5h: and the button raises, two callers and we close the action so we call with our badugi hand (it's ok to fold this outright pre or to the raise as well, probably preferred most of the time).

Anyway we flop pretty well in :8s::7h::5c:. To our surprise UTG leads out with a bet, we raise since our hand isn't likely to improve and we don't want anyone picking up a draw for free on the turn. Folds back to UTG who rips it, we call, he only runs once and has :as::ks::8c::5d: for top and bottom pair plus backdoor spades. We fade his outs and win a nice pot

We see a flop multiway (all limped) holding :ad::kh::7c::4d: in the HJ. The flop comes :jd::5d::3h: and it's checked to us. Given we have the nut flush draw plus a double gutter straight draw, we pot it, expecting to find folds unless we run into a slow played set of Jacks that will likely checkraise us. A known doofus on the button calls.

Turn :4c: we both check
River :7s: we both check again.

I expect to see him have a whiffed flush draw, but unfortunately he also flopped top and bottom pair holding :jh::ts::9d::3d: and wins this one.

We limp-call a raise while in UTG holding :ac::jh::9d::8c:. Three ways to a flop of :td::9h::3c:. This flop favors the callers range generally more than the raisers (who is on the button) and with a pair plus straight draw we lead right out for pot. He rips it, we call and he only runs once. He has :kh::kd::jc::2c: so we're a relative coin flip that we unfortunately don't win and he doubles up.

View attachment 858657

And then the piece de resistance! to my session. It's my last hand UTG before the blinds hit and I'm dealt :ac::ad::kd::8d:

We go 6-ways to a flop of :ah::as::4s:

BINGO BANGO BONGO VINCE! The only problem with this flop is that it's going to be hard for me to get any action since I have the board pretty locked up. But with five opponents out there we'll just have to check and pray someone fills up and can pay off. The flop is checked around and then the turn is the :5s:

The BB who is a relatively solid player leads for 2/3 pot, I opt to just call as I see zero value in raising, and a player in MP calls as well. The river is the :kc: and again the BB leads for 2/3 pot. There's only one combo of KK available for him to hold here, and he's solid enough that I don't see him willing to play for stacks on that board with the underfull. So I don't see how I can raise and ever get paid by worse here. And with MP still in the hand I opt to just call BB's bet, hoping to pickup some additional value if he feels inclined, which he doesn't.

The BB shows down :kh::3s::2s::2d: for the steel fucking wheel, on my last hand of the session, when I flop quad Aces, lol. Somehow I lost only the minimum here. And unfortunately there is no Bad Beat Jackpot in this room anymore (hasn't been for years) and this is the time rake game where they don't get high hands.

Had to settle for -$1,261 on the session, back at it tomorrow.
Where have you been playing? Because I have been at hard rock all week and haven't seen you. Are you in a private game at Lucky's? Are you playing online and posting that as your games?? Or is this become a thing where you're so obsessed with your blog that you have resorted to making up extravagant hand histories for your blog followers. I haven't seen you play live in 11 days so I'd really like an explanation as a devout blog follower. To me it seems you are just making things up as you go now....

Where have you been playing? Because I have been at hard rock all week and haven't seen you. Are you in a private game at Lucky's? Are you playing online and posting that as your games?? Or is this become a thing where you're so obsessed with your blog that you have resorted to making up extravagant hand histories for your blog followers. I haven't seen you play live in 11 days so I'd really like an explanation as a devout blog follower. To me it seems you are just making things up as you go now....
He's kinda short, easy to miss.

Hello PLONewbie12345

OUCH! That's a pretty serious accusation. You better have something to back this up. N00B.

OUCH! That's a pretty serious accusation. You better have something to back this up. N00B.

He's not 100% incorrect, I haven't been at the hard rock, but I have been playing.

I knew he'd slip up and reveal himself to be the troll who was posting as PLONewbie12345 before, and not some brand new player

He's not 100% incorrect, I haven't been at the hard rock, but I have been playing.

I knew he'd slip up and reveal himself to be the troll who was posting as PLONewbie12345 before, and not some brand new player
The fact that you have not been at hard rock is meaningless. Unless you've been saying that you were which I haven't seen. He is still 100% out of line.

Congratulations on moving up from PLONewbie to MediocrePLOdude. Do you collect rims by chance?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom