My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (19 Viewers)

Yes, I will stop getting stacks in with my opponent having less than 20% equity, what was I thinking?
Well, technically, you were thinking “this drooler is going to get stacks in with less than 20% equity BINGO BONGO BA—….wait, Vince, how did he get there?!??”

(Looks woefully at midget stripping stage as he trudges out to give the good people of Central Florida what they really want)

Well, technically, you were thinking “this drooler is going to get stacks in with less than 20% equity BINGO BONGO BA—….wait, Vince, how did he get there?!??”

(Looks woefully at midget stripping stage as he trudges out to give the good people of Central Florida what they really want)
See. You get it. Bingo bongo!!!!

Yes, I will stop getting stacks in with my opponent having less than 20% equity, what was I thinking?

You keep "justifying" your plays by showing the equity calculation for the exact hand your opponent has.

Shouldn't you be calculating vs range?

Versus a specific hand is more of a bad beat post than a strategy discussion.

You keep "justifying" your plays by showing the equity calculation for the exact hand your opponent has.

Shouldn't you be calculating vs range?

Versus a specific hand is more of a bad beat post than a strategy discussion.

I'm posting my journey playing for a living, not every post I share is going to be strategy-centric

I mean, you could say it's strategy centric. Don't play 9743 no suits preflop, don't call a pot sized bet from one of the tighter players on an AT8 two club flop and then call a pot bet again on the brick turn

It's ok to call a raise with 7653 double suited pre against the tight players obvious aces when you have position. But on a rainbow A93 flop when the tight player goes all-in and a player between you calls, fold your bottom pair, you are praying for runner-runner quads, runner-runner spades (non nut) or runner-runner straight.

Don't chase runner-runner for stacks. But if you do, at least have the courtesy to miss

Having followed Anthony for 177 pages, I can certainly say that I do not agree with a number of his decisions.

However, I can also say that I have met Anthony. He does not come from a massive bankroll of expendable money. Yet here we are, 2 years later, and Anthony has still not gone back to the 9-5 working-man job.

He has a nice car (sometimes it has wheels). He had a gym membership, until the gym burned itself down. He has faced down known cheats, and still booked wins, without speaking a word of Spanish.

...and trust me, ain't nobody paying to see Anthony on a stripper's stage, unless it's part of a vaudeville comedy act.

So until someone else starts a "Journey as a poker pro" thread, please keep your attacks on his play to a minimum.

Unless he is potting :9h::8c::5d::4h:, because that shit is just whack. ;)

Another 10,000 filler posts and you get the PCF Toaster!
There's a toaster?

3o6wO5rCU1enQgRtks.gif

Having followed Anthony for 177 pages, I can certainly say that I do not agree with a number of his decisions

Unless he is potting :9h::8c::5d::4h:, because that shit is just whack. ;)

The flop was Q76 rainbow against a maniac.

I have 20 outs twice (or 4 times if we run twice) and that is assuming my checkraise is even called, given the maniac bet and got callers inbetween

I still stand by this play. But ty for all the kind things said :)

Just arrived and the 2/2 was breaking as they called 5/5

Few unknowns so to start just buying in for $500 until we know how crazy they will play

20220114_153315.jpg

We are dealt :ah::ac::js::3s: UTG

The button has straddled to $20

BB (best pro in room) makes it 75, we pot to $250, he just calls

Flop :td::8d::6c:

He pots and we fold. He shows top 2 pair

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom