My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (54 Viewers)

We are dealt :ah::ac::js::3s: UTG

The button has straddled to $20

BB (best pro in room) makes it 75, we pot to $250, he just calls

Flop :td::8d::6c:

He pots and we fold. He shows top 2 pair

We are button, rock is CO

Dealt :ah::ad::js::th:

We pot to 40, two callers. Flop :td::8d::6c:

Checked to us, we pot all-in, they fold
Call the floor and ask them to fix the shuffler. :oops:

We are down to 160 and come over the 35 raise of the pro, to 125 total with TT98 one suit.

Guy in LP shoves for about 400 total, pro calls, we put our ladt 35 in but are in bad shape and don't improve

Screenshot_20220114-164316_Chrome.jpg

We rebuy for $500 and limp button after multiple limpers holding :6d::6s::5c::3d: since the rock in the SB is unlikely to take the option to raise

Flop :ks::6h::5h:

Guy UTG bets 60, we call, both blinds call. Turn :js:

They all check to me, I pot for 310 having seen a safe turn, they all fold

20220114_164823.jpg

Rock is CO, we limp button with :ah::as::kh::jd:

Multiple limpers, flop

:jc::7c::5d:

Checked around. Turn :ad:

Checked to CO who bets 60. With such a draw heavy board we just call. SB loose cannon checkraises to 300. CO thinks awhile and folds, we rip for 775 total, SB calls and only runs once

River :2s:

He announces "you're good" and we double up

20220114_194240.jpg

Feels like forever since I've had stacks of chips, missed this feeling

View attachment 846698

Welcome back to the good times!

I infrequently play Omaha.... there surely must be some sort of meditative secret to handling the swings.... just flopped the Broadway straight w/nut flush redraw, got it all in on the flop, and of course the river pairs the board. I feel like I either want to burn the place down, rebuy and go all in blind, or drown my totally banal bad beat story in a bottle of bourbon........rant over.

Welcome back to the good times!

I infrequently play Omaha.... there surely must be some sort of meditative secret to handling the swings.... just flopped the Broadway straight w/nut flush redraw, got it all in on the flop, and of course the river pairs the board. I feel like I either want to burn the place down, rebuy and go all in blind, or drown my totally banal bad beat story in a bottle of bourbon........rant over.

Just wait until you get it in against the guy with one out, one card to come, who only runs once, then you shall know true pain

First hand of note we have KJT6 on a J54 rainbow board in a pot raised by an active short stack

He pots when checked to for half his chips, we rip it and go twice. He has AA97 so we aren't in terrible shape

We make 2 pair on 2nd board but it gives him broadway so we double up his 200 stack

We limp :kd::kc::qc::3d: and see a flop of :qd::6c::5d:

Guy I haven't played with but seems to play too many hands bets 20, we call, short stacked lady calls

Turn :7s:

We all check

River :5h:

Guy bets 25, we call, he has Q6xx and we win

Guy at my table flops quad 5's and on the river three players go all-in

Another flopped 10's full and other guy nut flush

Quad 5's is high hand for $750 with 10 minutes on the clock. He sells it to a guy for $250

Three minutes later quad 6's are hit at another table

So guy not only gets massive action with quads but makes an extra $250 on a high hand that gets beat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom