My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (30 Viewers)

20211113_191850.jpg

We made a few hundred profit at the 5/5/10 before the bad players left and the game got bad

Switched to 2/2/5 and was downhill from there

We have KQJ8 on an AT9 flop and get it in 3 ways, go twice, guy with top two holds both boards

We limp AAxx in the blinds and multiway to a 229 flop that is checked around. Turn is an Ace, completing a diamond flush, we all check to a lagtard on the button who bets, I call, one other caller

I start calling for a duece (I ALWAYS call for a flop of 222 in this game, and tip the dealer if they put three dueces on the board)

So of course the 2 peels off, we both check to laggy mclaggerson who bets pot of 115, I just call and he flopped 2's full of 9's, I two-outered the turn and he one-outered the river

Very next hand I limp K875 double suited on the button, flop is K53 rainbow, checked to me and I pot. Guy in SB flopped top and bottom pair and calls, laggy mclaggerson calls

Turn J, board is rainbow, they both check, I pot all-in. Guy in SB thinks for a very long time, eventually folds

Laggy calls and we agree to run twice. He has JJ75 and overcalled my pot bet on a K53 board when there was another caller inbetween.

This hand left me shaking my head and muttering to myself because there's ZERO fucking sense for him to continue past the flop, but he was rewarded for it, and running into his rivered quads right before that. Good grief

I got it in earlier with a double suited rundown where I was 30% four ways in a monster pot against AA82 one suit, AK93 and JT97 no suits but somehow the Aces held on both boards to scoop

Another crushing session, -$2,839

We limp :ah::ad::qs::3h: from the BB and five ways to a flop

:th::9d::5h:

Checked to button who bets 30, three callers to the turn

:3s:

Checked to lady who bets 25, flop bettor makes it 175 and we fold, she calls

River :jh:

She shoves, he calls, she wins with :9s::6c::5h::4h: lol

Next hand we have :as::kd::ts::8h: in the SB and call a raise to 20, and on a flop of :ks::8d::6c: we check to an aggressive fish who pots for 105, we checkraise pot to 420

He says he thinks we have a set of Kings and folds

I (just turned 50) had surgery today —- a minor procedure big picture but quite major in the short run. I know this to be true because I had this exact surgery for the first time 5 months and 1 week ago. How could I know then that the first surgery was simply training camp? I feel fine right now, thanks, but last time I didn’t step into the fire pits of hell until day 3. HOWEVER, THIS time I have to have an additional surgery for a different matter in just 4 more weeks. This OTHER surgery should also have the same big picture consequences,,, as in zero impact on my long term survival. It is, though, slightly more significant than just an ass surgery. And while I have some equity in the knowledge of what these next 4 weeks will bring, I just can’t call a big raise on the turn. But I could legit tank fold. ANYHOW, I‘m not trying to hijack someone’s Professional Journey Thread; I am here to declare 3 things.

1) That’s why I’ve been edibling and literally watching every minute of the 13 day main event stream
2) The Chicago Bulls are back
3) I intend to read this poker player’s journey from the beginning over the next couple of months

Who's wearing those gross gloves? :sick:

I'd change tables immediately.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom